ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old October 23rd, 2021, 08:59 PM   #41
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, & many others in the past.

However it is accomplished it IS A WIN ! well done Drew !
Yes plastic connectors can be a pain I remember fighting a headlight bulb connector on one of my cars because the plastic connector would not fit that brand of headlight.... the car was ford and the bulb was GM if I remember right
in the 1970 era , anyway i finally had to cut the plastic connector into 3 pieces to get it to plug in... but it worked ! LOL.... talk about rinky dink !
I know you don't like to cobble stuff together, but sometimes that is necessary,to get the machine working again !
ingenuity is where it's at ! if your going to fix something fix it right, if your going to cobble something together to get it to work do it right too, take the extra time to do it right even if your going to replace it when the part gets here..... the old adage "if your going to do it, do it right" is a standard to live by..... ( unfortunately, I don't always follow that LOL)
Bob.......

Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM   #42
thedrewski86
ninjette.org member

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 SV650S 2005 EX250F

I tell you what, I try to live by that standard but there's only so much one can do After screwing around and making these connectors work I'm happy to have a factory-crimped line coming from EB to replace what I was able to piece together. I crimped and soldered it, but I think the combination of my Channellock crimper and my cheapo Weller soldering iron has made for a weak link in an otherwise good charging system. I don't want to rely on that for my brand new stator and r/r to talk with each other. I think I will be investing in a better crimper at minimum moving forward.

At any rate, I did get a test ride in (around the block) yesterday. Voltage never hit 15, it probably topped just a little over 14.5 and bottoms out at 13.4. So it's working. Since it sat for the last couple weeks, it was a little temperamental. I think I'll hit the carbs once more and ensure they're seated well against the intake before I go out for a rip this Friday. I need to finally break this thing in on my local canyon; all I've done on it so far is Palomar. It needs front springs and a rear shock bad, and I can't wait to swap on a set of dirt bars I have sitting in the garage. I'm sick of not being able to go full lock right with those silly stock clip-ons. The only thing holding me back from that is ordering all the cables and a new longer brakeline as that will probably run more $$ than my suspension upgrades combined.

So until I get time this week, she sits in the corner:

Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM   #43
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, & many others in the past.

Nice looking bike there Drew !
there is something about motorcycles that I do not mind sinking money into at all.... when it comes to cars I hate to do that but Bikes, no problem !
LOL I guess it's because I get enjoyment from a bike and a car is just work...
I just dropped $500 bucks on the Triumph and I haven't lost a bit of sleep over it ! LOL
and I still haven't put the back rack on the Ninja... which will allow me to put something to carry stuff on that bike...which will be a welcome addition.
with some people it's spiffing up cars or boats... with me it's motorcycles I guess.... HAHAHAHAHA
we have had some crazy weather here tha last week ...it was forecast for Rain all week here, but right now we have sunshine and mostly clear skies...
but after the downpour yesterday it's definitely a good thing !
theirs snow on Mt. Shasta again..... as it was a naked mountain before.
crazy fall weather !
Bob.........

Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM   #44
thedrewski86
ninjette.org member

Yup, money spent on two wheels is harder to track than money spent fixing the car. Somehow a different set of rules apply there. Hopefully you don't get washed out up there, after reading the news this morning it sounds like NorCal is getting more rain than it's had in decades. We're even getting some clouds and drizzle down here in the desert.

Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM   #45
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

well, where I'm at looks good ! we needed the rain bad but I fear the Redding area might have been hit hard because it really pored here !
we had puddles 3" deep in places we only have a small puddle ! LOL
but that should bring up the lake levels which is desperately needed !
Bob.......

Old Today, 12:17 AM   #46
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T EX250F Ninja250R-street CBR250R-MC19 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR VFR750F

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrewski86 View Post
Yup, money spent on two wheels is harder to track than money spent fixing the car. Somehow a different set of rules apply there.
Reminds me of...
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Today, 02:06 AM   #47
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

HAHAHAH SO TRUE !

Bob....

Old Today, 08:41 AM   #48
ducatiman

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
put another way......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meme117.jpg (65.7 KB, 0 views)

www.customcarbservices.com
ducatiman is online now   Reply With Quote

Old Today, 08:46 AM   #49
ducatiman

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
or another....
Attached Images
File Type: png meme271.png (282.4 KB, 0 views)

www.customcarbservices.com
ducatiman is online now   Reply With Quote

Old Today, 09:58 AM   #50
thedrewski86
ninjette.org member

The above ^^^ is why I'm making a slow transition from 650 to 250... smaller bikes are cheaper and just as fun. I'm so glad I didn't go from the 650 to a 600 or 750; chains/tires/broken parts just keep draining that bank acct.