ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old July 13th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #1
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Question Dont' want to lose my A**

After seeing too many picture of guys needing skin grafts and what not, I have decided its time to by some overpants. I have just been wearing my work dress khaki's when I commute everyday (I know its very squid like of me) I need something for around $100 that will fit over my work pants. I need help finding decent overpants, So far I am looking at these:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/i...tile-overpants

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/i...mesh-overpants

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...FcFj7AodTkkAQw

Some suggestions would be great
LNasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #2
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

I have a set of the scorpion deuce and have no complaints. a little more expensive than the drafters, I think it's because of the zip-in liner.

never been down in them, but there's a few reviews online from people who have, and they claim no wearing through.

They're easy on, easy off, don't look too crazy, and fit tight enough that I think for initial impact the pads would actually be in place.
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #3
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

do you ride in rain?

Old July 13th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #4
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

I have some Cortech over-pants, they are pretty good. I think mine were like $140, but not sure.
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #5
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
do you ride in rain?
Not too much, in the Houston area. I usually wont ride to work if the rain chance is 50% or higher. I ride mainly freeway to work. But I have been caught in some light showers on way home

Old July 13th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #6
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

I already wear a scorpion exo textile jacket, so I may just go with the scorpion pants. They don't say overpants, but they look big enough to fit over. Just have to decide on the drafter or the Deuce, Drafter are only $109, while the deuce are $179. The Deuce do have a full length zipper which is nice. But damn I really can't spend much more than $100.

Old July 13th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #7
setasai

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

I have the Deuce overpants in XL. I'm 6ft tall with a 32inch inseam. At that size it's a bit long but the waist fits perfectly. I'm around a 34inch waist. The armored pads dont quite stay in the correct place when i'm standing up but in riding position it's pretty close. I did do one mod to the armor. I used stick on velcro on the foam so that it is held in place better to the velcro adjusters inside the pants. If you do get these, I'll take pictures to further describe what I did.

I've been down in them at slow speeds no faster than 35mph I think. They held up just fine. Cant even tell.

The liner worked great this past week in the toronto downpour but it gets sweaty underneath. I wear shorts under them so skin on nylon feels a bit like a plastic bag. Without the liner, they're much much more comfortable for me than jeans and knox knee armor. Flows a ton of air... both ways. When it's cold I feel the heat from the bike on the back of my calves. Hope that helps.

Old July 13th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #8
dfox
ninjette.org sage

guess the full length zipper is part of the difference as well.

full length zipper is nice, makes putting the pants on and off a lot easier. If you're doing it in a somewhat public place, it doesn't look as funny either because people see you have regular clothes on under the pants. I take mine off in my cube at work.

Zip in liner helps in the cooler weather too. Anything around 50 degrees and I put the liner in. I have ridden in temps in the single digits with these on and they kept my legs warm.

Old July 13th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #9
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNasty View Post
I already wear a scorpion exo textile jacket, so I may just go with the scorpion pants. They don't say overpants, but they look big enough to fit over. Just have to decide on the drafter or the Deuce, Drafter are only $109, while the deuce are $179. The Deuce do have a full length zipper which is nice. But damn I really can't spend much more than $100.
This is a great good decision, Lance !!!

Overpants have a full side zipper that makes in and out very easy while boots stay on, thing that you cannot do with pants.
Due to that, some sacrifice the hip protector, but not all of them (zipper ends below that point).
Your choice depends on your work conditions for changing.

Better if you can find Cordura with some vents, since they can become hot after a while.

Back zippers are very much universal among brands, but a pain to use daily (way too cumbersome to attach after the jacket is put on).
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #10
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
If you do get these, I'll take pictures to further describe what I did.
take some photos if you can, I'd be interested in doing something to keep the pads in a better location...

Old July 13th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #11
setasai

It's simple really. I just put the side of the velcro that would correspond to the top velcro adjusters already in the pocket of the pants on both sides of the armor. This way the velcro in the pants, holds up the knee armor as high as possible consistently while at the same time preventing it from shifting. If you look at it like a sandwich, it'd be...

-pant front of pocket
-velcro of pocket
-other side of velcro stuck on armor
-armor
-another side of velcro on armor
-other side of velcro of pocket
-inside mesh liner of pocket

Once you look at the pocket, you'll know what i mean. A bit tricky to describe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130713_131951.jpg (161.1 KB, 2 views)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #12
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
It's simple really. I just put the side of the velcro that would correspond to the top velcro adjusters already in the pocket of the pants on both sides of the armor.............

Excellent idea !!!

I have that problem with my elbows' protectors and will use your idea to fix it.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #13
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

With the comments on the Deuce pants and the extras like venting panels, removable liner, stronger fabric is making me lean towards throwing the extra $70 out to get these

Old July 13th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #14
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
I have the Deuce overpants in XL. I'm 6ft tall with a 32inch inseam. At that size it's a bit long but the waist fits perfectly. I'm around a 34inch waist. The armored pads dont quite stay in the correct place when i'm standing up but in riding position it's pretty close. I did do one mod to the armor. I used stick on velcro on the foam so that it is held in place better to the velcro adjusters inside the pants. If you do get these, I'll take pictures to further describe what I did.

I've been down in them at slow speeds no faster than 35mph I think. They held up just fine. Cant even tell.

The liner worked great this past week in the toronto downpour but it gets sweaty underneath. I wear shorts under them so skin on nylon feels a bit like a plastic bag. Without the liner, they're much much more comfortable for me than jeans and knox knee armor. Flows a ton of air... both ways. When it's cold I feel the heat from the bike on the back of my calves. Hope that helps.
I'm 5' 11'', 32 inseam, 35 waist. So the XL should work for me as well. My work pants are pretty thin so that should fit over those easily

Old July 13th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #15
setasai

Most likely. They're still a bit long on me which is why I had to move the knee armor but I tried out the L that my brother got and I couldnt button the waist. Also, as overpants, they work but if you wear a belt, it's not the most comfortable thing. There's just too many layers in that area.

Old July 13th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #16
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
Most likely. They're still a bit long on me which is why I had to move the knee armor but I tried out the L that my brother got and I couldnt button the waist. Also, as overpants, they work but if you wear a belt, it's not the most comfortable thing. There's just too many layers in that area.
Ok, good to know. I will prob just put belt in my backpack. Glad to hear from those that already have these. I like the Scorpion products, so much that my next helmet will prob be a scorpion

Old July 13th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #17
setasai

They make badass stuff. I had a EXO-400 and 700 helmet, their all-in leather jacket, and the deuce pants. Love all of them.

Old July 13th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #18
lgk

The 700 kicks butt.
One of the best helmets for $100

Old July 15th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #19
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

I decided to go for the Deuce pants, too may pro's to not spend the extra $70. Can't wait till they get here, had a close call on Saturday coming home from work. I was sitting in the left turn lane waiting to turn down my street. A van and a car were coming towards me, the van was in the lane closest to me and also in the blind spot of the car next to it. All of a sudden the car decided it wanted to change lanes and swerved over which forced the van to swerve straight at me into turn lane. My fu**ing life flashed before my eyes and thought I was a goner, but van saw me and swerved back over which forced the car onto the sidewalk. I think I had a turtle head poke out, but went back in cause it got scared too. The car flipped a bitch and went to the gas station which I then decided to follow because my ginger rage had now set in. I yelled at the dude for a few, he came over to me shaking and apologized for what he had done, we ended with a hand shake and I went home to change my britches. closest call yet in 5500k miles of riding. Don't think the overpants would have helped anyways in a situation like this. the impact od a van hitting me head-on at 45 mph would have prob been a game ender.

Old July 15th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #20
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

Quote:
It's simple really. I just put the side of the velcro that would correspond to the top velcro adjusters already in the pocket of the pants on both sides of the armor. This way the velcro in the pants, holds up the knee armor as high as possible consistently while at the same time preventing it from shifting. If you look at it like a sandwich, it'd be...

-pant front of pocket
-velcro of pocket
-other side of velcro stuck on armor
-armor
-another side of velcro on armor
-other side of velcro of pocket
-inside mesh liner of pocket

Genius....
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #21
lgk

Quote:
snip...
glad you got out of that ok.

post video of the hollerfest?

Old July 15th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #22
Zipster
ninjette.org member

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250 (Hers) 2010 Ninja 250 (His)

I've been happy with the AGV Sport Solare Vented Pants

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...e-vented-pants

I'm 6'. 225 lbs. Wear size 38x34 pants. So the XL fits great. They zip up to my AGV jacket in the back, so that's a plus.

Richard
Zipster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #23
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
glad you got out of that ok.

post video of the hollerfest?
I wish I had it on camera. I need to get mine mounted, just haven't gotten around to it.

Old July 15th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #24
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Ok, good to know. I will prob just put belt in my backpack. Glad to hear from those that already have these. I like the Scorpion products, so much that my next helmet will prob be a scorpion
for what it's worth, the pants are supposed to be up at your waist, not your hips, that solves the size isssue, i guess unless you have a huge belly.

Old July 15th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #25
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipster View Post
I've been happy with the AGV Sport Solare Vented Pants

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...e-vented-pants

I'm 6'. 225 lbs. Wear size 38x34 pants. So the XL fits great. They zip up to my AGV jacket in the back, so that's a plus.

Richard
I was looking at those too, but decided on scorpion since I already ave scorpion jacket that I love, might as well get the whole package. Only helmet and boots won't be scorpion

Old July 15th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #26
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
for what it's worth, the pants are supposed to be up at your waist, not your hips, that solves the size isssue, i guess unless you have a huge belly.
thats what i was thinking cause the snaps for the jacket to hook on are higher up

Old July 15th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #27
setasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
True. It works like it's supposed to. I just think it's uncomfortable especially when lying down on the tank. That crease on the front of the waist just gets too crowded. Gibblets arent particularly happy.

Old July 15th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #28
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
True. It works like it's supposed to. I just think it's uncomfortable especially when lying down on the tank. That crease on the front of the waist just gets too crowded. Gibblets arent particularly happy.
my giblets are always pissed at me, get daily beat downs....and sometimes twice daily

Old July 15th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #29
MagicMike
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250J

Serriously, who calls pants 'deuce'? lol
MagicMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #30
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMike View Post
Serriously, who calls pants 'deuce'? lol
Hahaha hahahaha, didn't even think of that

Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:22 PM   #31
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Just went to pick up scorpion pants I ordered and found out that I am a fat Bastard. The xl did not fit, couldn't even button them. **** me! They are ordering the xxl for me, if I can't fit in those I give up and its salads for a month for me

Old July 23rd, 2013, 04:37 PM   #32
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
you know, i've crashed 6ish times now. 3 in full leathers, the rest in jeans. once in flip flops!

i've never injured my legs in a crash more than a bruise. call me lucky. maybe i just know how to roll. flip flops and jorts are probably fine.

Old July 23rd, 2013, 05:10 PM   #33
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
you know, i've crashed 6ish times now. 3 in full leathers, the rest in jeans. once in flip flops!

i've never injured my legs in a crash more than a bruise. call me lucky. maybe i just know how to roll. flip flops and jorts are probably fine.
Lol! I'm more of a capre man myself, or if you grew up in the 80's, Jamm's.

Old July 24th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #34
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post

Jorts??? You are a lucky duck

Old July 26th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #35
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Just bought some overpants from revzilla

Old July 26th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #36
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
Just bought some overpants from revzilla
which ones did you get? I'm still waiting for my fat boy XXL to come in now

Old July 26th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #37
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
The icons on close out... Black. Wanted the white ones, but they are sold out in my size every where I looked.

Old July 31st, 2013, 04:33 PM   #38
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Just found out that my fat pants are back ordered, gonna be 30-40 bloody days till shipped, fml!

Old July 31st, 2013, 05:52 PM   #39
lgk

Start hitting the gym.
In 40 days you could lose 10 lbs and gain more options...

Unless you're freakishly tall.

Old July 31st, 2013, 06:03 PM   #40
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Quote:
Start hitting the gym.
In 40 days you could lose 10 lbs and gain more options...

Unless you're freakishly tall.
Only 5'11", 210 lbs. I just work to much