ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old November 28th, 2013, 02:22 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Valentino Rossi Finishes Second In Monza Rally Show 2013 Video

Valentino Rossi’s exploits on four wheels have been documented for a few years now. During the off season The Doctor has been known to compete in a few car races with impressive results. Recently, Rossi and co-driver*Carlo Cassina competed in the Monza Rally Show 2013, winning four of the nine stages en route to second place overall.

Rossi has expressed his love for Rally racing in the past, but his skill operating a steering wheel have served him well in sports car racing, and even landed him a test drive with the Ferrari Formula 1 team a few years back.

Ultimately, Rossi, driving a Ford Fiesta RS WRC, lost this year’s Monza Rally Show by 10.6 seconds to seasoned World Rally star Dani Sordo. Considering driving sideways is Sordo’s full-time job, finishing second will not get Rossi any criticism. The MotoGP star has won this race three times before, but this time it looked like Rossi truly was just having some fun competing.

“This is one of the highlights of the year,” Rossi said to MotoGP.com. “I get to race against my friends and there is very little pressure to perform. It is a shame that I didn’t get the overall wins, but I’m proud of four stage wins which is incredible for me – and I get to see all of the fans from rally and MotoGP, which is great. I’m coming back next year!”

Check out the video below to see Rossi in action. What do you think of The Doctor’s skills on four wheels? Is there a second career in Rally cars once he hangs up his leathers? Tell us in the comments below.

Valentino Rossi Finishes Second In Monza Rally Show 2013 – Video appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...