Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Notices

Old October 17th, 2017, 05:56 AM   #1
Dave Wolfe
CCS Amateur #501

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 SE 'Booger'

St. John Trackday Heartland Park Topeka

Had a great time! I did the long drive to Topeka as a last chance to ride for the season, get used to new tires, and try out my 2nd set of wheels. They have a morning riders meeting and teched the bikes and thats it for the formalities. Three groups, 20 minute sessions, and not crowded at all. There were no track vendors, and no food onsite (but previous events did have food available I was told). There is a Subway 5 minutes down the road so no one starved.

The facility and track are beautiful and modern. Id go back in a heartbeat. I also figured out that riding with high corner speed and using the biggest radius in the turns is not necessarily the fast way around a track on a 250. So much to learn still. 2:12s were my best. I think fast time on a 250 is 1:59?
Dave Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old November 10th, 2017, 12:20 PM   #2
cameronjones239
ninjette.org member

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wolfe View Post
Had a great time! I did the long drive to Topeka as a last chance to ride for the season, get used to new tires, and try out my 2nd set of wheels. They have a morning riders meeting and teched the bikes and thats it for the formalities. Three groups, 20 minute sessions, and not crowded at all. There were no track vendors, and no food onsite (but previous events did have food available I was told). There is a Subway 5 minutes down the road so no one starved.

The facility and track are beautiful and modern. Id go back in a heartbeat. I also figured out that riding with high corner speed and using the biggest radius in the turns is not necessarily the fast way around a track on a 250. So much to learn still. 2:12s were my best. I think fast time on a 250 is 1:59?
The track is one of my favorites. We would go up friday and watch the drag races, this year we even took the groms out for a run.
I heard Drew Jankord ran some 1:59's and maybe even 58's there years ago on a 250. When we raced there a few months ago on 300's I was able to get into a 1:52.1 and drew a 1:52.2, just as we started really pushing I ended up crashing so tough to say what the end of the race would've given us.
I have a video from Saturday's race that has a low 1:53 in there I can post up on youtube, may help open up a few lines. Unforunately I didn't have my gopro rolling for Sunday's faster lap.
cameronjones239 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2017, 06:59 PM   #3
cameronjones239
ninjette.org member

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxBf...ature=youtu.be

Finally got my computer up and rolling so I can start making videos again
cameronjones239 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2017, 08:11 PM   #4
Dave Wolfe
CCS Amateur #501

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 SE 'Booger'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronjones239 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxBf...ature=youtu.be

Finally got my computer up and rolling so I can start making videos again
Nice! That gives me lines to shoot for at the end of the front straight especially.
Dave Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote