ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old January 22nd, 2024, 02:30 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[cycleworld.com] - Stark Future Shines Bright in Belfast

The 3rd and 4th rounds of the British Arenacross Championship, in Belfast, proved to be a grueling test of skill and speed on January 19th and 20th.

Click here to view on their site.

Stark Future Shines Bright in Belfast (Stark Future/)Stark Future Press Release:

The 3rd and 4th rounds of the British Arenacross Championship, in Belfast, proved to be a grueling test of skill and speed on January 19th and 20th. A test passed with flying colors, as all three Stark Future Athletes secured podium finishes over the two nights of racing.

In Friday evening’s event, both Justin Bogle and Jack Brunell started strong, showcasing their potential by qualifying inside the Top 5. Simultaneously, Stark Future Racing’s Eddie Wade found himself in 13th place after finishing the 1st Heat 4th and crashing out in the 2nd.

In Pro Heat 1 and 3, Brunell put in two solid rides, claiming two respectable 3rd-place finishes. Meanwhile, in Pro Heat 2, Bogle gained confidence with further bike time, powering the Stark VARG to his first race win of the series. He followed this up with a 2nd place in Heat 4.

Wade took the long route to the evening’s finals, finding himself back in the head-to-heads. Unfazed by the task at hand, the Brit embraced all the shootouts, qualifying for the Traxxas Pro main event, once again seeing all three Stark Future riders lining up.

The final race did not disappoint, with Wade crossing the line in 8th place. Despite a puncture, Brunell nursed his VARG to a respectable 5th place, but it was Justin Bogle who put in a spirited performance to claim 2nd and secure the first podium of his British Arenacross campaign.

Justin*commented,*¨I had a solid week in Spain with the boys.* We did some suspension testing. I was feeling better coming into this round. I won a heat race and got on the box tonight. It was a big improvement and that’s all I can really ask for right now. We´ll get better as the season goes on but I am happy with that start!¨

¨I was running up right behind Justin and felt like I could overtake him,*said*Jack, but I got a puncture so that wasn´t ideal. But I managed to get around the track for 6 laps which were quite impressive with a puncture and finished in 5th´

I managed to win all the head-to-heads and make it through to the final. It was a hectic night but the positive was I got a bit more track time before the main event mentioned Eddie. The goal now is to make it through to the final with just the heat races!´

´Round 4*in Belfast showcased the Stark Future Racing Team’s progression and strength.

The first Pro Heat of the evening brought mixed emotions for Brunell. Despite a strong start and impressive speed, an unforced error in the corner caused him to drop from 2nd to 4th, putting him under pressure for the rest of the night’s races.

In Heat 2, Justin Bogle secured the holeshot and displayed smooth riding throughout. Bogle showcased some impeccable speed through the whoops, claiming his 2nd win of the weekend. Wade had a decent start, securing 5th place.

Heat 3 was an eventful one but saw the VARG back to its winning ways. Despite feeling some pressure after the first heat, Brunell stayed out of trouble and positioned himself perfectly to take the race win, setting himself up nicely for the final.

Bogle secured yet another holeshot in Pro Heat 4 proving that he and his VARG have the starts dialed in. The Oklahoma rider lost the lead*however, crossing the finish line in 2nd. Despite appearing somewhat fast and loose earlier in the weekend, Wade settled nicely into his rhythm, finishing in 3rd and securing a spot in the finals.

The Traxxas Pro main event of the evening lived up to expectations. Brunell showcased lightning speed out of the gate, taking yet another holeshot for the team, while Wade also had the start he was anticipating.

The final race however did not go as planned for Bogle. A mistake on the opening lap saw him at the back of the pack. Despite being dead last, he ran at a top pace, executing some incredible passes. It wasn’t all smooth sailing for Brunell, after a near miss on the step-on step-off, the Brit almost lost his line, but with good speed and full focus, he finished in 2nd place, securing back-to-back podiums. Wade closely followed his teammate with a 3rd place, marking his first podium of the campaign. Bogle salvaged some points with a hard-fought 5th-place finish.

´My race didn’t go to plan but I was so pumped and so proud of Eddie. He did an awesome job¨*commented*Bogle

Wade*commented,*´P3! I got the start and just stayed there. I doubled my way around and just stayed there. I stayed on 2 wheels and that’s all that counts. After this morning I didn’t think I would get a podium but I am ready now and taking it all step by step´

¨I´ll definitely take that position. The track took some victims over the weekend and I didn’t feel comfortable on it¨*mentioned*Brunell. ¨I did the same tonight and overjumped the triple but I committed and didn’t jump off. I just held it and saved it. I am happy and ready for the next round. I just want to stay stable and keep going.¨

After Rounds 3 and 4, the Stark Future Racing team remains at the top of the Traxxas Pro class team standings, with Jack Brunell strengthening his hold on the red plate. Their next destination is P&AMP Live in Aberdeen for rounds 5 and 6 scheduled on*Friday, the 26th, and Saturday, the 27th of January.