ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old May 25th, 2011, 12:52 PM   #201
DR1300R
ninjette.org guru

Name: Doyle

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Hayabusa 2009 Ninja 250R

AWESOME!!!

Man I wish our funds would have been better I would have loved to get in on this group buy..

Maybe next time..

Old May 25th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #202
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzEKnightz View Post
Here you go =]
-AzEKnightz
I see you have a Lobster Mount. Me too. Mine's mounted completely differently though. What is yours attached to?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #203
AzEKnightz
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I see you have a Lobster Mount. Me too. Mine's mounted completely differently though. What is yours attached to?
ProjektD mount. I hated the Ram mount before it makes the bike look imbalanced. And the ProjektD is just perfect location and the material is all SS so no worry about rusting or anything. So are the hardwares of coures. It's worth the money.

Here's the link for it CLICK HERE

-AzEKnightz
AzEKnightz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2011, 01:36 AM   #204
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Got my air scoop! I'm no where near ready to start cutting and painting, but it is here. Thanks to everyone involved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzEKnightz View Post
ProjektD mount. I hated the Ram mount before it makes the bike look imbalanced. And the ProjektD is just perfect location and the material is all SS so no worry about rusting or anything. So are the hardwares of coures. It's worth the money.

Here's the link for it CLICK HERE

-AzEKnightz
Oh. So it's RAM-brand. I see now that is says "RAM" on it where mine says nothing. It does look just like my Lobster Mount though except that it has black bolts (unlike mine). It looks like they both buy the cradle piece from the same supplier, though RAM didn't seem to have anything like it when I did my research in 2008.

Old May 26th, 2011, 02:21 AM   #205
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

the newer RX2N speedo has one extra color, i think 2 types of blue, hehe.... for those who have the dark, or the light blue ninjas, rofl...

waaaaa..... i miss my bike with its full farings and sexy koso bracket and flashy voltmeter

ive been so lazy to work on my bike since my GF was away and i was able to use her scooter. but now shes back, and then the damn car broke down! and the ninja is still not ready, uff.... gotta drive the companies pickup for now

lookin forward to seeing the rest of you guys after the install

Old May 27th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #206
wayanlam

did everyone receive and pay for their shipping already?

just askin since i havent heard back from everyone yet

have a good week end folks,
W.

Old May 28th, 2011, 12:46 AM   #207
chowbray
ninjette.org member

Name: gerald

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

came home from work today and my package was sitting on the table, cant wait to get her set up.

Thanks again Wayan!
chowbray is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2011, 04:17 AM   #208
blade
ninjette.org member

Name: matt

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250r

got mine yesterday , installed it thx again for the hook up cant wait for more in the future

Old May 30th, 2011, 01:11 AM   #209
wayanlam

hello guys,

i was just reviewing my PayPal, and came to notice that the money that i am left with is less than what i had asked for from everyone.

to be honest i have very little experience with Paypal, ive only used it previously to pay for a couple things. and never actually received money with it, lol

so i would like to understand how it works, so that if i do buy something for anyone, i know what to ask for, to compensate for the money paypal cuts off.

now for example, i asked for these amounts for the parts;

Air scoop: $32
RX2 Koso kit (custom bezel + P&P koso set + volt meter) $355 - Jason
RX2 Koso kit (custom bezel + P&P koso set + WITHOUT volt meter) $296 - Eric

RX2N Koso kit (custom bezel + P&P koso set + volt meter) $355
RX2N Koso kit (custom bezel + P&P koso set + WITHOUT volt meter) $305 - Bradon

the amounts i asked for were basically direct exchange rates from what i paid for the parts, only adding a small margin to compensate for the loss in exchange, but not knowing that paypall munches a % of the transaction.

so for example i see now that from Jason:
you ordered the full kit, with voltmeter @ $355
but,

Amount received:
$355,00 USD
Fee amount:
-$14,15 USD
Net amount:
$340,85 USD

when you sent the money, it came up as $355, but now its $340.85 lol

$340.85 x 8.540 (exchange) = 2.910.000 Rp. which is uh... less money than i paid for to get the part in the 1st place, since i paid 3 million for it

the same applies for all the other transactions, like for Bradon, you sent me the payment in 3 parts (since you didnt have all the money on time). they came out as:

$62,16 USD
$135,20 USD
$95,80 USD
--------------
$293.16

when i should have gotten $305 to pay for the part.

for the air scoop i got $30,45 USD, instead of the $32, lol, but i can live with the loss of $1.5 i get exactly what i paid for the scoop + SS bolts, and might loose a little to the exchange later when i transfer the money to my bank.

its felt more on the pricier Koso items, since they cost more, and Paypal Cut a bigger chunk out.

Eric, you sent me the extra $20, so that covers for the paypal charge

Amount received:
$296,00 USD
Fee amount:
-$11,84 USD
Net amount:
$284,16 USD

and leaves me with a little extra. thanks

seems like Paypal charges a 4% commission on a transaction.

anyhow, Jason and Bradonm if you could could transfer the difference, i would appreciate it, since i didn't go into this thinking that i would loose money, on top of the time and effort i spent to organize it all.

if not, well ive learnt a lesson with paypal transactions,

peace out~
W

Old May 30th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #210
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quick tip for you guys. When you send the money to eachother through PayPal send it as a gift, there will be no charge
Posted via Mobile Device
Kevin2109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2011, 01:29 AM   #211
wayanlam

ahhh... so thats the way to do it!

lol i was sure there must be a loophole in the system somehow x)

thanks ^^

Old May 30th, 2011, 07:22 AM   #212
blade
ninjette.org member

thats what i did

Old May 30th, 2011, 08:05 AM   #213
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

I want one D:
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #214
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
hello guys,

i was just reviewing my PayPal, and came to notice that the money that i am left with is less than what i had asked for from everyone.

to be honest i have very little experience with Paypal, ive only used it previously to pay for a couple things. and never actually received money with it, lol

so i would like to understand how it works, so that if i do buy something for anyone, i know what to ask for, to compensate for the money paypal cuts off.

now for example, i asked for these amounts for the parts;

Air scoop: $32
RX2 Koso kit (custom bezel + P&P koso set + volt meter) $355 - Jason
RX2 Koso kit (custom bezel + P&P koso set + WITHOUT volt meter) $296 - Eric

RX2N Koso kit (custom bezel + P&P koso set + volt meter) $355
RX2N Koso kit (custom bezel + P&P koso set + WITHOUT volt meter) $305 - Bradon

the amounts i asked for were basically direct exchange rates from what i paid for the parts, only adding a small margin to compensate for the loss in exchange, but not knowing that paypall munches a % of the transaction.

so for example i see now that from Jason:
you ordered the full kit, with voltmeter @ $355
but,

Amount received:
$355,00 USD
Fee amount:
-$14,15 USD
Net amount:
$340,85 USD

when you sent the money, it came up as $355, but now its $340.85 lol

$340.85 x 8.540 (exchange) = 2.910.000 Rp. which is uh... less money than i paid for to get the part in the 1st place, since i paid 3 million for it

the same applies for all the other transactions, like for Bradon, you sent me the payment in 3 parts (since you didnt have all the money on time). they came out as:

$62,16 USD
$135,20 USD
$95,80 USD
--------------
$293.16

when i should have gotten $305 to pay for the part.

for the air scoop i got $30,45 USD, instead of the $32, lol, but i can live with the loss of $1.5 i get exactly what i paid for the scoop + SS bolts, and might loose a little to the exchange later when i transfer the money to my bank.

its felt more on the pricier Koso items, since they cost more, and Paypal Cut a bigger chunk out.

Eric, you sent me the extra $20, so that covers for the paypal charge

Amount received:
$296,00 USD
Fee amount:
-$11,84 USD
Net amount:
$284,16 USD

and leaves me with a little extra. thanks

seems like Paypal charges a 4% commission on a transaction.

anyhow, Jason and Bradonm if you could could transfer the difference, i would appreciate it, since i didn't go into this thinking that i would loose money, on top of the time and effort i spent to organize it all.

if not, well ive learnt a lesson with paypal transactions,

peace out~
W
I tipped both you and sarapacman99 an extra $5. Sorry to hear that your tips are being eaten away by PayPal fees. That was intended to be for you!

Old May 30th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #215
chowbray
ninjette.org member

Name: gerald

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

I sent some more money hopefully that takes care of any loses if not let me know wayan!
chowbray is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #216
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Yeah Paypal kinda sucks. Cant live with it but you cant live without it. I sell a bunch of stuff on ebay and they take such a big portion out!

But yeah send as a gift and you dont have to worry about the fees
Kevin2109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #217
DR1300R
ninjette.org guru

I didn't buy anything on this group buy do to bad timing/funds.. So I might be out of line here but I'm going to put my 2 cents in anyway..

In NO way shape or form should Wayanlam be eating any PP fees or be coming up in the red what so ever!

This man and his girl friend went above and beyond in order for you all to have goods that can't be bought here in the states and some of you are saying I'm sorry that pp is eating up your profit?? C'mon now that is wrong!!

you all should have added the 4% pp fee or sent the funds as a gift as one member stated..

Don't ruin what could be another group buy for others/me in the future.. Please square things up and make it right per his request..

Old May 30th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #218
wayanlam

@ CZroe, ya, i saw you added an extra 5$ even though you bought the broken scoop! thnx for that. but you would have been the last person that id think about asking, since i sold you my cracked scoop from the crash, and i was already happy to just get anything for it, hehe.

@ chowbray, got the money, thnx it covers the PP munchies.

@ Doyle, thnx for the imput. as i mentioned in my post, i was not aware of this charge, otherwise i would have asked everyone to pay as a gift (or sent the payment request as a gift). i don't see why we would need to pay PP the 4%, if we can get away with just selecting the "gift" tab, lol

would have been good if i had known, or if someone who knew would have mentioned it in earlier, hehe

anyhow, discovered something new, and im a little wiser now

cheers,
W

Old May 31st, 2011, 05:56 AM   #219
DR1300R
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
@ CZroe, ya, i saw you added an extra 5$ even though you bought the broken scoop! thnx for that. but you would have been the last person that id think about asking, since i sold you my cracked scoop from the crash, and i was already happy to just get anything for it, hehe.

@ chowbray, got the money, thnx it covers the PP munchies.

@ Doyle, thnx for the imput. as i mentioned in my post, i was not aware of this charge, otherwise i would have asked everyone to pay as a gift (or sent the payment request as a gift). i don't see why we would need to pay PP the 4%, if we can get away with just selecting the "gift" tab, lol

would have been good if i had known, or if someone who knew would have mentioned it in earlier, hehe

anyhow, discovered something new, and im a little wiser now

cheers,
W
All the gift thing does is put the PP charges on the buyer instead of the seller.. Meaning PP still gets there 4%.. And your welcome I hope everything works out for you..

Old May 31st, 2011, 06:16 AM   #220
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

No biggie Wayan. I'll send $20 over (via gift) to cover the fee's and a beer on me.

Thanks again. I'll be picking my guages up today from UPS!

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2011, 09:54 AM   #221
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1300R View Post
All the gift thing does is put the PP charges on the buyer instead of the seller.. Meaning PP still gets there 4%.. And your welcome I hope everything works out for you..
Actually, when it's sent as a gift, no one gets charged if it's sent from the buyer's paypal balance or bank account.

Wayan, Paypal charges 3%+$.30 for fees normally collected. They also have a surcharge for international currency conversions. You can read more on your paypal account: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/bc...=_display-fees

Old May 31st, 2011, 09:56 AM   #222
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Black 2013 Ninja ZX6R ABS

My transaction didn't cheat you out any money did it? If it did, let me know and I'll cover the difference.
NathanUc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2011, 10:28 AM   #223
blade
ninjette.org member

if u can pm me a paypal ill be glad to help out some more ,i just want to be able to order more parts in the future thx for all that u have done so far

Old May 31st, 2011, 06:37 PM   #224
wayanlam

as i mentioned, the guys that bought the scoop (and who got the $1.50 deducted from PP) basically paid the exact amount that i paid. that $1.5 extra was to cover the exchange rate and maybe part of the charges that i get for moving the money from PP to my bank acc.

anyhow if you guys want to sent me another $2 that's fine, but i wouldn't really worry about it, since its such small sum in the end, that its not worth the hassle, lol

i wont be refusing to help others buy parts because of 6 or 7 dollars. it was thankfully a cheap lesson.

cheers,
W

Old June 29th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #225
wayanlam

hows everyone doing? have all the parts been installed?

soo.... after all of that parts hunting, yesterday by chance i came across the "other" air scoop that quite a lot of ppl were asking about!

this one is made out of fiberglass, rather than the injected plastic mold that i was getting before.

the quality is not as good as the other one, since there is more manual work involved in making these. but the finishing seems to be quite good.

the price for this one is almost the double of the other one though, about $55.

so, in case anyone is interested, this is now available as well

Old June 30th, 2011, 04:55 AM   #226
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Any chance the girlfriend or yourself is flying over again??? Just can't beat that shipping!

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2011, 08:33 AM   #227
wayanlam

nope not for another year, lol

but who knows, maybe a fellow member will come over here for summer vacations

always a possibility, hehe

Old July 5th, 2011, 02:43 AM   #228
wayanlam

geting another package ready for shipment. just for one fellow ninjette member.

shopping list consists of:

* black air scoop (not in the pic)
* RX2 Koso with Voltmeter with the custom bracket
* HID + Angel-eye setup with OEM reflector & HID projector.

waiting to find out if i am allowed to open the sealed bubblewrap, hehe

i might do a test setup on my bike to make sure its working properly before sending it out. if i do, ill take pics and post a write up in case anyone else is interested in spending some more moneh,

Old July 5th, 2011, 05:28 AM   #229
White Horse
ninjette.org member

Name: dezmond

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250r

Just wondering if I could still buy a white air scoop and koso gauges but with a white face..???
White Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2011, 05:30 AM   #230
White Horse
ninjette.org member

Anyone have pix of the air scoop installed... ?????

Old July 5th, 2011, 05:35 AM   #231
wayanlam

that was my bike with the scoop. basically everyone i sent the scoops to have been too lazy to take pictures and posting them!! waaaaaaa......

Old July 5th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #232
wayanlam

ps. the white face plate isnt an option for the RX2, nor RX2N, its only available on one of the older models. forgot what model, could look it up if you are curious, but i dont know if i can get it, and i probably wont be able to get a custom bracket made for it, since its not a model that they are using around here.

Old July 5th, 2011, 09:30 AM   #233
White Horse
ninjette.org member

any pix of the new air scoop installed????

Old July 5th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #234
wayanlam

oh, pic of the new air scoop...

2 problems with that request;

1st, i don't have the scoop,
2nd, i don't have farings on my bike to try even if i did... LOL!

so either someone has to take the plunge and then post pics, or google away and find a picture of it somewhere

Old July 5th, 2011, 10:21 AM   #235
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

What the heck is that thing on the triple?

Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2011, 10:28 AM   #236
wayanlam

its... its..... its an ALIEN!

Old July 5th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #237
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

LOL

Seriously...what is it? I may be interested.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #238
wayanlam

isnt it one of those universal phone/gps docking thingamajigs?

not my bike :P nor did that gizmo come from these parts, hehe

Old July 5th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #239
ducducgooseit

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): ...

The pictured alien is actually a normal RAM mount that can be further researched starting possibly here.
ducducgooseit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #240
wayanlam

this is the alternative ram mount.