ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 General Discussion

Old August 8th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #641
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpobad View Post
can anyone provide the exactly K&N Dual Flange Oval Air Filter model number ? want to know because i pretend intend to buy one for my next 250
Fixed. Just trying to be helpful
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #642
mpobad
ninjette.org member

Name: Marcello

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

thnks lol
mpobad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #643
Pyro
ninjette.org member

Name: Werner

Motorcycle(s): EX-250K

Man, I suddenly want a new exhaust!

Probably quite costly replacing the whole system though... and I like the quiet stock one.
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #644
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
can anyone provide the exactly K&N Dual Flange Oval Air Filter model number ? want to know because i pretend to buy one for my next 250
its a K&N R-0990. Fits and looks great
Posted via Mobile Device
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #645
mpobad
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
its a K&N R-0990. Fits and looks great
Posted via Mobile Device
thnks do you think it will fit the new 250 ?

Old August 8th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #646
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyderRider15 View Post
yea the fuel injection is nice but from my understanding they've had that for awhile outside of the US. Idk if I consider abs to be a good thing yet, havent riden a bike with it but I hear mixed things. Id liked to of seen all of that along with better engine, a more sporty riding position,
On bt-45's like the 08 or at least sonething better than ircs. I also haven't seen the price, but ive heard its close to the 650r. Idk the changes just didnt blow me away (other than the looks)
Yes, they have had the FI outside of the US since 2008. So for us it would be new. Also, you said the bike seemed the same other than the new fairings. I just listed all that was new. You are also wrong about the price. The listings so far from Kawasaki have it in the same price range as the CBR, so the price people have been telling you it "might be" are just their "pulled out of their ass" guesses based on all the changes. You might see OTD prices that put it near the 650r price, but you also saw that with the 2008 model because of dealerships price gauging their dealer and setup fees, not because of Kawasaki putting it that high.

You may want a more sporty position, but most people on the 250's don't. You have to remember that the core target audience are starters with no experience who would do better with a more relaxed position to gain better awareness and higher levels of control before getting into the more sporty riding positions of the super sports.

You can expect more and more bikes having ABS, it's the same thing as with cars. The more safety features they can fit in the vehicle the better, as far as the overall industry is concerned. Most ABS bikes are actually really good. It's only the CBR250 so far that has been rather questionable because of it being linked ABS, which most don't like the linked feature.

Old August 8th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #647
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

I love watching people throw up the dyno of the Area P system and argue over its numbers... Why?

It's my bike
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #648
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
I love watching people throw up the dyno of the Area P system and argue over its numbers... Why?

It's my bike
Can you autograph my dyno sheet!?
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #649
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
You can expect more and more bikes having ABS, it's the same thing as with cars. The more safety features they can fit in the vehicle the better, as far as the overall industry is concerned. Most ABS bikes are actually really good. It's only the CBR250 so far that has been rather questionable because of it being linked ABS, which most don't like the linked feature.
Yus: I definitely wouldn't want linked brakes on my ninjette. ABS sounds great though. I wonder if people who race their ninjette will use the 2013 ABS on their race bike. I'm guessing it would benefit them.

Quote:

It's my bike
The Area P people used your ninjette on their dyno?!

Old August 8th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #650
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
The Area P people used your ninjette on their dyno?!
Well, it wasn't mine when they did it. But I landed up buying the bike they used so, yes. If you find the pictures of the bike on their site up on the dyno you can kind of see the LED strips that run just above the rear tire. I have Full High Mount Race System #1 and they used my bike to do all of the testing/tuning.

Old August 8th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #651
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
I wonder if people who race their ninjette will use the 2013 ABS on their race bike. I'm guessing it would benefit them.
They can brake even later and harder before the turn but it's all up to the rider, of course

Old August 8th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #652
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
I think racers are more concerned about stoppies than locking up the wheels
AFM #676

Old August 8th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #653
Heed

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taufik-tmcblog View Post
2013 Ninja 250R very suittable for small people like my self . . . it has no side stand switch anymore !!

[IMG]http://ninja250r.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ninja250rtestride1.MG]
how small are you btw?

Old August 8th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #654
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I think racers are more concerned about stoppies than locking up the wheels
I don't think racers want to stop before a turn lol. Basically you can slow down faster to set your entry speed before turn. I'm curious to find out how the brake modulation feels under heavy braking and how much more weight the abs adds.

Old August 8th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #655
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
I don't think racers want to stop before a turn lol. Basically you can slow down faster to set your entry speed before turn. I'm curious to find out how the brake modulation feels under heavy braking and how much more weight the abs adds.
Abs is a cure for grabbing too much brake too quickly and for less than ideal traction conditions. I don't think there will be much benefit to a racer because they are concerned on maximizing braking while keeping the rear wheel on the ground
AFM #676

Old August 8th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #656
RyderRider15
Ate his own face. Twice.

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2009 KLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Yes, they have had the FI outside of the US since 2008. So for us it would be new. Also, you said the bike seemed the same other than the new fairings. I just listed all that was new. You are also wrong about the price. The listings so far from Kawasaki have it in the same price range as the CBR, so the price people have been telling you it "might be" are just their "pulled out of their ass" guesses based on all the changes. You might see OTD prices that put it near the 650r price, but you also saw that with the 2008 model because of dealerships price gauging their dealer and setup fees, not because of Kawasaki putting it that high.

You may want a more sporty position, but most people on the 250's don't. You have to remember that the core target audience are starters with no experience who would do better with a more relaxed position to gain better awareness and higher levels of control before getting into the more sporty riding positions of the super sports.

Things like better cooling don't get me excited. The looks and the new frame do excite me however, as would a more sporty riding position (or at least better clipon support). I'm not saying its not better than the 2nd gen ninjas or anything because it clearly is better, but I'm just not blown away by it. Next time I'll check with everyone to make sure my opinion of how much the next redesign excites me isn't wrong I guess

Old August 8th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #657
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

I've heard from a fellow CBR600rr rider that ABS makes the track more difficult to ride at. It links the breaks and therefore hinders trail braking heading in to a turn.

For the one who asked earlier, the Kawasaki ABS on the new 250 weighs 4lbs I believe.

Old August 8th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #658
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyPaws View Post
did anyone actually think that the cbr 250 was going to take sales from the ninja 250? everyone keeps talking about it but I really don't think Honda took anything if much from our ninjette. The new 2013 ninja 250 is really nice But to me my 250 is my 250 I'm not going to get just 'replaces it. It has become a part of me and replacing it is like cutting off my arm and selling it to get a slightly better arm than mine just as good if not better wwith the practice and strength it has achieved. But that is just my opinion. In would not want to part with greenyCarrotfour at all. I'm also off my four e so sry for urun ons n spelling.
Of course it did. Do you think that every single CBR250 buyer would have given up or bought something larger just because the CBR didn't exist? Many of those people would have ended up with 250s. The limiting factor is that the CBR really hasn't been breaking sales records itself in most markets.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #659
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Don't forget that the CBR250R was always intended by Honda to be a quarter litre for the world, not just North America. Where a 250cc bike here is considered a learners, in some other markets they are considered premium bikes. In some of those markets the CBR is also priced more cheaply than the Ninja and so the value proposition gets more competitive. Honda does the majority of its motorcycles and scooters sales in the Asian markets.

The only head-to-head sales numbers I could find were Australian figures where the CBR250R is the best selling motorcycle so far 2012 YTD with 1258 units. The Ninja 250R is second at 943; about a 14% drop so far compared to the same point in 2011. Put that into context that overall motorcycle sales in Australia are up about 8% over the previous year.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #660
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
I've heard from a fellow CBR600rr rider that ABS makes the track more difficult to ride at. It links the breaks and therefore hinders trail braking heading in to a turn.
That's not the ABS doing that. Linked brakes are a separate technology to ABS. I'm not surprised at all that people who race wouldn't like using linked brakes.

ABS good.
Linked brakes bad IMO.

Old August 9th, 2012, 02:30 AM   #661
wandyhee
ninjette.org member

Name: andy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R FI, 2006 ZX10R

for full spec please check kawasaki japan website at http://www.kawasaki-cp.khi.co.jp/

Old August 9th, 2012, 02:31 AM   #662
wandyhee
ninjette.org member

Name: andy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R FI, 2006 ZX10R

for full spec please check kawasaki japan website at http://www.kawasaki-cp.khi.co.jp/mcy...3_ex250lm.html

Old August 9th, 2012, 03:11 AM   #663
Aufitt
The A Team

Name: Aufitt

Motorcycle(s): Z50, CB125, RZ500, MC22, R3.

I run a 250 with CABS at the track and it presents no problems at all, in fact i like the stability, and with the abs model it has a much better 3 piston front caliper.

Only penalty is the extra 3kg and a headlift stand requires a little customisation.

Rear brakes are rarely used anyway, and you cannot notice the combined braking.. its very subtle.
Aufitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2012, 03:13 AM   #664
Aufitt
The A Team

Who knows if the 2013 Ninja has a 4" rear rim or not?
, or did they just stick a fat tyre on a skinny rim.. which would only be a marketing exercise.

Old August 9th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #665
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I cannot tell how wide it is just from looking at pictures. It might be 3.5" or 4" because a 140 bias ply tire would fit just fine on either
Posted via Mobile Device

Old August 9th, 2012, 04:50 AM   #666
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
thnks do you think it will fit the new 250 ?
no idea. Buy me a supergen and I'll tell you
Posted via Mobile Device

Old August 9th, 2012, 05:23 AM   #667
Aufitt
The A Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
I cannot tell how wide it is just from looking at pictures. It might be 3.5" or 4" because a 140 bias ply tire would fit just fine on either
Posted via Mobile Device
140 tyre suits 4.0" rim best.

Old August 9th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #668
ilovejesus
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Am I the only one that thinks the current gen Ninja looks better than this?

Old August 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #669
BFisher244
Ninja Noob

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R Candy Plasma Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejesus View Post
I totally agree with you
BFisher244 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #670
mpobad
ninjette.org member

yes

Old August 9th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #671
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejesus View Post
nope, you're not

Old August 9th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #672
Aufitt
The A Team

The current one is very dated.

Old August 9th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #673
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
maybe to our eyes, but not so much others... I have people admiring my bike all the time.
Yesterday morning I had a some guy get out of his Mercedes and oggle at my bike, looking all over and checking out the mileage on the bike. He didn't notice me watching him from inside Starbucks lol
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #674
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
Lmao!!!

Wait, r u srs?
AFM #676

Old August 9th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #675
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Quote:
Lmao!!!

Wait, r u srs?
aren't you gonna throw up your "not sure if serious" picture?
i think it's more adequate here!
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #676
ilovejesus
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Lmao!!!

Wait, r u srs?
lol I know right? Especially after we just agreed that the current gen looks better. But hey...drugs aren't for everyone

Old August 9th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #677
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Nah I'm on my iPhone, too much trouble to go open my photobucket app and grab it
AFM #676

Old August 9th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #678
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

There was quite a bit of backlash against the '08 upgrade as well from owners of prior generation, with a good portion believing then (and likely still believing now), that looks took a step backward. The same thing is going to happen now, with people now comfortable with the current design, reacting to this update. And inevitably, the 2013 - 2018 owners are going to think theirs is much better looking than the crappy poser 2019 version.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #679
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
There was quite a bit of backlash against the '08 upgrade as well from owners of prior generation, with a good portion believing then (and likely still believing now), that looks took a step backward.
I Dont understand how people could think that. Everything before '08 looks absolutely disgusting. Looked like a slow cheap scooter type of thing. The 08 model was a huge step forward and the 2012model is even a further step forward. They are starting to actually look like sport bikes.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #680
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I have an unrealistic emotional attachment to my 250

Even so I can still look at the new one objectively. I do think it looks great and I'm positive its going to sell extremely well. My qualm with it is this. The newgen 250s to the untrained eye look like 1000cc super monkey ****ers, but to other motorcyclists, hey look, a 250! It's like the inside joke, you have to be in the club to know about it. But to others who don't ride its OMG lOOK AT THAT SUPER MOTO GT 1000CC MEGA FAST WHEELIE MACHINE!!! 250!?!! THAT GOES 250MPH!?! HOLY **** MAN THATS CRaZY!!!!!

But now you can no longer see that difference. If I picked up a new one people would either think I've got two 1000s or two 250s. It looks so similar to all the other bikes now and it lost that uniqueness, that I'm a 250 but don't tell the cagers!

The supergen is hot, but I still like the newgen better
AFM #676