ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old January 10th, 2016, 08:59 PM   #1
RadenRider26
Raden Rider

Name: Rhys

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250R 2010

exhaust issue

ok a few issue with my yosimurah exhaust ill post the pic berfore i ask question, keep in mind i brought the bike second had with the exhaust already on it.

now for my question
1. how do i know this is real and not fake???
2. if i haven't ridden the bike for 2 day or more when i turn it over it backfire, any one know maybe why?
3. it sound different to when i bought it ( i there anything i need to change with in the exhaust its self?)

any help would be good thakxs

Old January 11th, 2016, 09:46 AM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadenRider26 View Post
2. if i haven't ridden the bike for 2 day or more when i turn it over it backfire, any one know maybe why?
3. it sound different to when i bought it ( i there anything i need to change with in the exhaust its self?)

any help would be good thakxs
2) It could be that the mix is lean when the engine fires up.
Lean mix burns slow and the last phase of the explosion makes it out to the muffler.

When the engine is cold, some fuel condensates over the walls of the carb and intake boots and passage, resulting in a mix that is leaner than normal.
That is the reason for the application of choke when the engine is cold (to inject additional fuel into the air stream).

If it happens with applied choke, it may indicate that the choke circuits in the carburetors are clogged.
Exaust valves out of adjustment could cause back-fires as well.

3) That change may be related to any work that you have done on the bike since you bought it.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 12th, 2016, 07:35 PM   #3
RadenRider26
Raden Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
2) It could be that the mix is lean when the engine fires up.
Lean mix burns slow and the last phase of the explosion makes it out to the muffler.

When the engine is cold, some fuel condensates over the walls of the carb and intake boots and passage, resulting in a mix that is leaner than normal.
That is the reason for the application of choke when the engine is cold (to inject additional fuel into the air stream).

If it happens with applied choke, it may indicate that the choke circuits in the carburetors are clogged.
ok i will try with coke on the next time thanks for the tip

Exaust valves out of adjustment could cause back-fires as well.
Quote:
3) That change may be related to any work that you have done on the bike since you bought it.
no work has been done to the bike. i think the could be a hole in the exhaust, well that what a friend told me. is this possibility?

Old January 12th, 2016, 09:07 PM   #4
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Cool

Quote:
........ no work has been done to the bike. i think the could be a hole in the exhaust, well that what a friend told me. is this possibility?
A hole will increase the noise coming from the exhaust, but will not induce back-fires, in my opinion.

Old January 12th, 2016, 10:39 PM   #5
RadenRider26
Raden Rider

Quote:
A hole will increase the noise coming from the exhaust, but will not induce back-fires, in my opinion.
iya its was louder the it was before and no longer smooth it sound like a cat being run over

Old January 12th, 2016, 11:06 PM   #6
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Cool

Quote:
iya its was louder the it was before and no longer smooth it sound like a cat being run over
Check the connection of the pipe to the cylinder and to the muffler.
Sometimes, those get loose with vibrations and increase the noise.

You could also drain the bowls of the carbs, just in case you have some water in those.
Also check the intake air filter for excessive dirt and any restriction to the air flow.
I would check the valves, if you don't know when and how the previous owner did that.
While checking the valves, I would install new spark plugs and clean the plug's connectors and cables.

If nothing works, you will need to clean the carburetors and verify the size of the jets.

Old January 13th, 2016, 05:35 AM   #7
Yamahawk
Chaplain

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 75 RD350 race bike, 82 XZ550RJ Vision, 81 XV920RH, 89 VTR250 Interceptor race bike, 06 Concours, 86 EX250E1

A hole will cause it to backfire on deceleration, as it is sucking in fresh air (oxygen), as well as a leak anywhere in your exhaust system, like a leaky gasket. The hole is easy to find, the leaky gasket or connection, not so easy. You have to check for exhaust pressure at the joint to see where it is leaking. You can put a hand next to the suspected area, and feel for the leak while the engine is running. Just be very careful not to burn yourself, as I have done before

Old January 13th, 2016, 07:36 PM   #8
RadenRider26
Raden Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahawk View Post
A hole will cause it to backfire on deceleration, as it is sucking in fresh air (oxygen), as well as a leak anywhere in your exhaust system, like a leaky gasket. The hole is easy to find, the leaky gasket or connection, not so easy. You have to check for exhaust pressure at the joint to see where it is leaking. You can put a hand next to the suspected area, and feel for the leak while the engine is running. Just be very careful not to burn yourself, as I have done before
hahah thank ill give it a shot, over here we call an exhaust burn
a bali kiss

Old February 2nd, 2016, 07:03 AM   #9
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

How is it working now?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 2nd, 2016, 08:38 PM   #10
RadenRider26
Raden Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
How is it working now?
got the bike serviced, there was something lose on the exhaust now it fixed and sound good back to normal.

Old February 3rd, 2016, 09:29 AM   #11
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote