ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

View Poll Results: Have you taken the MSF course?
Yes 329 85.90%
No 54 14.10%
Voters: 383. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 12th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #281
GreenNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: I'm a ninja!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Hmm didn't know insurance could get any cheaper than $20 a month. for cheaper insurance for sure though!
GreenNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #282
nit8690
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r soon

I have taken 2 motorcycle safety classes now. I live in Oregon. and Team Oregon soon will be required if you want to get your endorsement for everyone. right now if your under 31 or 41 I dont remeber which your are required to take it or you cant get your endorsement. Oregon offers 4 classes. the Basic rider training intermediate riding training rider skills practice and advanced rider training. I took basic rider training cause all I had to do after was pay for the endorsement no test nothing. it was fun started out slow for someone who has skills. but it was alot of fun regaurdless. recently I took the rider skills practice class this class is for practicing skills like cornering swerving and braking alot based around emergency situations. all in all it was just like brt everything we did in that class was really simular to brt. I would say it could be considered an extra day for brt if taken shortly after BRT like I did. but anyways RSP was just as fun as BRT, it was weird cause it started out having the riders do a course and we couldnt practice it, we were told how to do it but that was it. so I got to be 1st on it well after we all did it we did riding exercises to help with the course after 5 hours we did the course to see how we improved. my 1st run I did the course in 141 seconds and I missed one thing and have 10 seconds added. after taking in the emergency braking I scored 112 points. the second run I droped the time to 116 seconds no points added for mistakes and with the braking factored in I scored 70 points. the lower your score the better so I droped 42 points which they said is good. RSP is not good for anything as far as getting an endorsment but it is good for the insurance stuff. but at any rate next summer after I get my bike and have riden it for a while I will take the Advanced riding training ART it is on a closed course and is focused on proper line and lane placement and linking turns. so in conclusion I have taken 2 classes and I am waiting for my 3rd. for anyone who reads this if you have not taken a class I recomend it because you will learn something new everytime. I learned alot in BRT and RSP. you can always get better as a rider. and to anyone who lives in Oregon I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Team Oregon. do BRT or IRT for the 1st class take RSP and ART once you can they are great. just a tip though from some of the insctructors dont be cocky listen to them, they have told people to leave mid class because the person was not being a good student thinking he didnt need the class he was just required to take it.

Old September 21st, 2011, 10:58 AM   #283
sjc88
ninjette.org member

Name: Sung

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

MSF course was great, it was my first time riding a motorcycle and the instructors were very helpful and knowledgeable when it came to questions and teaching. I highly recommend it for anyone looking to get into riding, who knows, you may not like to ride after the course, save $$..
sjc88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2011, 11:02 AM   #284
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

Name: Eva

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

I took the course and loved it. Met lots of other new riders there. The scary part was that half the students taking the course already owned bikes and were riding the streets with only permits. One of them was just recovering from a crash. Just goes to show how many unlicensed riders are out there!

Old September 21st, 2011, 02:40 PM   #285
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNinja View Post
Hmm didn't know insurance could get any cheaper than $20 a month. for cheaper insurance for sure though!
getting insurance on my 250 for 1 year with just my permit and no MSF course would cost me $1000.

With both it will cost me less then $400. No joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZeDaHeLL View Post
I took the course and loved it. Met lots of other new riders there. The scary part was that half the students taking the course already owned bikes and were riding the streets with only permits. One of them was just recovering from a crash. Just goes to show how many unlicensed riders are out there!
I drive around with just a permit...

But I also live in a town with 40,000 people and only like 20,000 live in the city limits where I live so a little different lol
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote