ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old April 1st, 2022, 07:22 AM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

For those of you wondering why....

if your wondering Why I don't ride very much.... here is a good example of why
...keep in mind it was 68 degrees yesterday afternoon.....
and there is FROST on my Bike this morning !
Bob......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frosty 01.jpg (183.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg frosty02.jpg (98.5 KB, 5 views)

Old April 1st, 2022, 01:25 PM   #2
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
When it’s chilly I put on a warm jacket and thermal underwear.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2022, 04:55 PM   #3
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
I guess winters not over....

yeah! Solution is heated gloves, heated thermal underwears, heated jacket, heated pants, heated seat, heated grips, heated socks and boots, heated balaclava and helmet!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2022, 05:17 PM   #4
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL well you Young spry guys can do that with no problem us Old codgers take so long to put on all that extra gear that the sun sets before we get ready....
it's just easier to wait for the warm than to take it with ya !
I fired up the Ninja a few seconds ago and it's running real good she likes this warmer temperature ! (63* today)
those darn mirrors are giving me fits on the Ninja.... their great I can fold them back and i can actually walk around the bike when it's in the shop BUT.....
when I straighten them out again the one loosens up and will not stay put so I have to tighten the allen bolt.... do you have a fix for that ?
like maybe blue locktight on the end of the bolt ? the brackets need to be swapped as the bolts are facing down and it's hard to get to them without scratching the heck out of stuff..... but I am sure I can swap them side to side and make the bolts face up so their easy to get to ..... i just haven't done it yet ! seems to me there should be a spring washer between the mirror arm and the bracket on the fairing .... but neither mirror has them on it....
....and they have to be fairly tight because the wind will fold them up at 70mph !
Bob.....

Old April 1st, 2022, 07:34 PM   #5
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Spinning mirror should not unwind bolt. No need to flip sides, just flip bracket.

1. remove clocks (dash)
2. unbolt pivot bolt from mirror bracket
3. pull out mirror, don't lose any washers
4. unbolt mirror bracket from fairing bracket
5. flip mirror bracket
6. bolt back onto fairing bracket
7. install 2 washers onto mirror arm
8. apply drop of oil onto each washer face
9. install mirror arm into mirror bracket, it should be tight fit
10. apply drop of blue-loctite onto bolt
11. install bolt through bracket and mirror.
12. reinstall clocks

There should be unthreaded steel sleeve on other side of bracket from threaded end.

DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2022, 09:01 PM   #6
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

yep that looks like the animal ! dunno if there is washers in there or not....might be .... I'll take a looksee and see what that gets me ! LOL
later !
Bob.......

Old April 2nd, 2022, 09:45 AM   #7
Snake

Weather is warming up! Time to ride!

Old April 4th, 2022, 10:35 PM   #8
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Ahh Man...the last 2 days have just dragged on so slowly....
I am waiting for warm weather to give the RX4 a long run....
I think I'll head to the gas station we use about 20 miles away and fill up the bike.... and then head back....
that's a good run and will definately show me if the bike is over heating or not
( i don't think it is it's just their stupid gauge)
.... but the reason for the ride other than just to Ride is to see if my adjustment of the suspension has done anything at all..... I read where all the RX4's come with their suspension set to the hardest ride possable for some reason...
so I took the rear shock 10 turns out and the forksa long way... they have a stop on them but the rear doesn't have.... so I am hoping it will ride softer...
it should after all having the dampening as tight as it can be would make it slow to react on every bump making it very rough riding....
Anyway.... yesterday we had rain ....just a sprinkle but it was something
and today about the same...not even enough to wet the ground but enough to mess up the windshield on the car ! LOL
and we are in a really bad drought now as we only have about 1/4 the rainfall we normally have over the winter.... it's quite dry out there now...
god help is this summer for forest fires !
sense I lowered the TT250 in the rear so I could get some miles on it
(151 miles on it now) i talked it over with the Kid and the Kid wanted it put back where it was rather than lowering the front..... but I was either going to do that or raise the rear back up ..... and if I had lowered the front I would have needed to cut the side stand and make it shorter...
the kid is taller than me.... I can still touch the ground with the balls of my feet but not flat footed now and it sets on it's side stand much much better !
I have the TT250 in the shop right now .... I also pulled the battery and added water to the DRY battery and now it's holding a light charge, not enough to use the electric starter but it does have some power now. I'm hoping it will charge up real good again.
so ALL the bikes are ready to go.... just waiting for good weather !
Bob........

Old May 14th, 2022, 02:51 PM   #9
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

I just took the Triumph 750 for a quick spin.... went around the block
and didn't care to go any further because the ass of the bike was wiggling all over the place.... I thought to myself ok what did I forget to do this time.....
turns out after I got home I grabbed the rear tire and gave it a pull sideways and sure enough it moved in the chain adjustment slot ! AURGH !
so I gott'a go re adjust the chain and tighten the axle bolt this time
I remember I was having a bit of trouble getting the chain tension just right
and I obviously didn't tighten the axle after that ...What'a dummy !
one good thing about it, is it's an easy fix ! lol....
I checked the amount of gas in the tank and I better go straight to the gas station and fill up before I go ride ! ... not as much gas in there as I thought !
but at least the Triumph Bonneville 750 has a center stand ! makes chain adjustment a snap !
.... I can't say that for the freshly cleaned Ninja ! she's ready to go too !
a whopping 80 degrees here today and partly cloudy sky.... but it looks like the wind is Kicking up ... it definitely get's carried away here ! that's for sure!
Bob...

Old May 14th, 2022, 03:57 PM   #10
Snake

Glad to hear the weather is getting better for riding. When you adjust the chain tension (and tighten the axle) check it again about every 100 miles because the chain will need further adjustment.

Old May 14th, 2022, 04:28 PM   #11
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Yah I usually check it and set it every month or so ....once they get in and set their usually trouble free for many miles but if you take a wheel off like I just did then you have to double check everything a few times....
so I tightened and set the chain tension and axle bolt... I think it might be a tad tight as the rear tire does not want to roll easy..... how do I know that ? well I hopped on the bike and rode up to the truck stop and got gas... about 200 feet from the gas pump the bike just quit like you turned off the key....
I pulled behind a truck and pushed the carb tickler button down and nothing...
so I'm out of gas ! ... so I try pushing the bike the last 200 feet to the gas pump but it's like the brakes are on on the rear wheel..... I finally got it over there and filled the tank with regular....
tickled the carbs but it never even tried to fire... so I pushed the bike away from the gas pump so others could use it and started investigating why it wasn't even trying to start... I checked the turn signals and no flash at all,,, so I figured I popped a fuze.... I open the seat and pull the fuze and sure enough the fuze is blown.... I look around for some tinfoil and found some ...wrapped the fuze in tinfoil and put it back in and gave her a kick and it fired right up..... that was strange ! what are the odds of blowing a fuze and running out of gas at the same time ?????
weird ! ... anyway it ran fine all the way back home where I pulled it into the back yard to find out why that wheel doesn't want to turn easy....
cuz that's not right....
that was alot more trouble than going to get gas should be ! so I parked it and went and got a beer and cool down lol....
but the work I did on the rear brake works perfectly
..... there seems to be a bulge in the front tire or something maybe it is out of balance or something .....but it's definitely annoying
.... but for a 1st run of the year i guess it was a success even if I didn't go far... time to find more fuzes and put some tools on that bike !
at 65 I shifted again and it went into another gear and I was all smiles from there on ! and that last gear is steep so cruising at 80 with this bike is not a problem !
.... I do hope I don't have to push that bike again...that was a work out !
Bob.......

Bob......