ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old July 5th, 2022, 03:33 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - MotoGP: Bagnaia Crashes Car While Driving Drunk In Spain

Ducati MotoGP racer Francesco Bagnaia crashed his car early this morning on the Spanish island of Ibiza, and the Italian rider was found to have a blood-alcohol content more than […]

The post MotoGP: Bagnaia Crashes Car While Driving Drunk In Spain appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

Ducati MotoGP racer Francesco Bagnaia crashed his car early this morning on the Spanish island of Ibiza, and the Italian rider was found to have a blood-alcohol content more than three times the legal limit, according to local news reports.

Today, Bagnaia posted the following statement about the incident on all his social media outlets:

“Last night I was in Ibiza with my friends for a party during this break from MotoGP. We celebrated together by toasting my victory at the Assen GP. Leaving the club, around three in the morning, in facing a roundabout I ended up with the front wheels in a ditch without involving other vehicles or people. However, the control of the alcohol level carried out by the police found that I had drunk more than allowed by Spanish law. I’m very sorry for what happened: I’m practically astemia and it was a serious lightness, which shouldn’t have happened. I apologize to everyone and I can assure you I’ve learned my lesson. Never drive after drinking alcohol. Thank you.”

According to www.diariodeibiza.es, Bagnaia’s blood-alcohol content was 0.87 mg/l, which is more than three times Spain’s legal limit of 0.25 mg/l, and he faces the suspension of his driver’s license for one to four years.

See a photo from the accident scene here.

After winning the Dutch TT, Bagnaia is currently fourth in the 2022 MotoGP World Championship point standings.

The post MotoGP: Bagnaia Crashes Car While Driving Drunk In Spain appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.