ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 19th, 2010, 07:06 AM   #1
Brently7785
NinjArmy

Name: Brenton

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Diablo Black (SOLD)

*HELP* Brake Light and Sensors

So to start off I had an unfortunate accident and laid her down. Got her back from the shop all cleaned up and ready to go and been riding and everything was fine.

Well...fine until yesterday when the brake light now will now not go off. Its is stuck on bright as if I am always holding the brake. I did have to replace the rear set and thought maybe the sensor was just to tight so I tried lossening it and tightening it and that did not work. I checked with both the back and front brakes and just had the breakin maintenance done too.

Could the sensor be bad after dropping the bike? How would I check this?

Is there somewhere to unplug the rear sensor to find it thats it?

What else should I do?

I currently cannot ride the bike because I am afraid someone will mistaken how the light is and hit me. It is very bright and lit up right now, but it not being able to get brighter when I am actually stopping is NO GO!

Any help would be appreachiated. I know the light worked when I picked up the bike so the shop will not fix it for free.
Brently7785 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2010, 07:14 AM   #2
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Brenton,
Check this thread for problem someone else had.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...e+light+switch
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2010, 04:28 AM   #3
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

It was me who had the same problem, ended up my fault cause i did not install the springs which trigger the rear brake light properly on the rearset. Check that out first. Also try moving the pin up/down to see whether the brake light will go on and off.

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2010, 06:01 AM   #4
Brently7785
NinjArmy

Name: Brenton

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Diablo Black (SOLD)

thanks everyone. got it figured out. When I had my rear set replaced, they must have accidentally cracked the plastic bolt thing the sensor screws into. When I putlled it out it was cracked and would not hold the sensor snug. I got a new one and stretched the spring a little and it works great now...thanks for the help...the link on the other tread helped too
Brently7785 is offline   Reply With Quote