ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old April 14th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #1
6speedhemi
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): Waiting for spring for my 250!

My new lighting mods

I finally got a few free moments to install some mods that I bought back around Christmas. Gf lent a helping hand too, she likes building custom rides

I realize that the LED strip on under the headlight is hanging down in a few pics, I have to get some better 2 sided adhesive for them. They just don't stick to the bike! I got one side done tonight, hopefully get the other side done tomorrow. Also got the tail light modulator installed, love that too. I"ll take a video of all of them when I get a new flasher relay. On with the pics!

DSCN2960.jpg DSCN2961.jpg DSCN2962.jpg DSCN2963.jpg DSCN2964.jpg
6speedhemi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 14th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #2
cuz
cuz

Name: Israel

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r

looks GREAT

for my strips i added a lil dab of super glue

let the glue dry a lil 2
sigh*lol

Old April 15th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #3
6speedhemi
ninjette.org member

Update!

Got the other side done tonight, also got my 250 decals put on that I've had just about since I bought the freakin thing. Tomorrow is comprised of getting a new relay to make it all work together, and getting the front LED strips to stop falling.

DSCN2969.jpg DSCN2968.jpg DSCN2967.jpg DSCN2966.jpg

Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:12 PM   #4
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

nice job so far, can you post any pics with leds on.
SafetyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2012, 03:41 AM   #5
6speedhemi
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyPaws View Post
nice job so far, can you post any pics with leds on.

Sure can! And I should have a video up later today as well. Got caught up in school work before I had time to tidy everything back up.

Old April 24th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #6
6speedhemi
ninjette.org member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ngY6Rh8DFM

There's the video of the LEDs. In the video they kind of get washed out by the brightness of the sunlight, they aren't really that dim in person.

Old April 25th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #7
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

ty for vid, I'm thinking about a similar build. Can you also post a night video when your complete, would like to see it in the dark.

how do you like your flush-mounts, those are from Tri's modmy250.com right? How's their visibility from the direct front, like cars in front if you?

also what are those small lights at the bottom near the exhaust?
SafetyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2012, 07:56 AM   #8
6speedhemi
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyPaws View Post
ty for vid, I'm thinking about a similar build. Can you also post a night video when your complete, would like to see it in the dark.

how do you like your flush-mounts, those are from Tri's modmy250.com right? How's their visibility from the direct front, like cars in front if you?

also what are those small lights at the bottom near the exhaust?
I'll get that video as soon as I can, just have to run to Home Depot and get some super double sided tape. I would use superglue, but I really want to keep it easily removable if I ever decide to take it off. Plus superglue is messy stuff, don't feel like dealing with it.

Personally, I think that with the addition of the LED strips under the headlight, that these lights aren't any less noticable than the stock turn signals. They are smaller yes, but with the flush mounts and the strips, I don't think it will be a problem. If I start to notice that other drivers seem to have an issue telling where I'm going to, then I'll think of something else.

The small lights near the exhaust are some single LEDs that I installed. The inspiration came from this thread, and another one from a different 250 forum by a member named spooph. The install wasn't difficult, just time consuming because it requires drilling into the plastics and that scared the crap out of me. Drilling into a perfectly good, perfectly painted body panel...was a daunting task for me.

The LEDs that I bought can be found here.
They have resistors wired into them already, so you don't have to fuss with that while installing. Just splice them into the wiring harness and you're good to go. I put 24 in total on both the left and right sides, with 11 of them facing outwards (so someone driving beside me would see) and 13 of them facing the back of the bike (to aid in the rear visibility of the turn signals since I removed the stock ones when I put the fender eliminator on).