ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old May 12th, 2011, 06:14 AM   #1
Vampyre
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Black, 2005 ZX-6R Blue

Scorpion Quick Shift Parts question

I was given a Scorpion EXO-400 and the quick shift mechanism on one side is broke. It only affects the helmet when the face shield is all the way up. The rest of the time it is fine. I have determined that the spring tabs and sliders under the little twist knob are broken and have fallen out. Does anyone know if you can just buy this part? I did some quick googling and couldn't find it in any parts list. The whole assembly is only held on with 2 plastic screws. So I should be able to find a replacement somewhere, but all I could find were the twist knobs.

Thanks,
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 08:45 AM   #2
JeffM
Mr. 988

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): One

I'd give Scorpion a call and ask them if they have any suggestions and/or replacement parts.

Scorpion Sports USA
25921 Atlantic Ocean Drive
Lake Forest, CA 92630

888-6SCORPION (888-672-6774)
Office: (949) 768-5517
Fax: (949) 768-5495

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #3
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

I had gotten my scorpion just recently. Heard about a defect and called them. Their customer service is great and fast. Im sure calling them wouldnt hurt.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #4
lonewolf05
ninjette.org guru

Name: Darrell

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
I had gotten my scorpion just recently. Heard about a defect and called them. Their customer service is great and fast. Im sure calling them wouldnt hurt.
+1... Customer Service is great. Had an issue with my shield and they gladly sent me another out and got it within a week!

Old May 12th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Vampyre
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Black, 2005 ZX-6R Blue

Cool. I am going to call them here in a bit.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #6
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Super Sherpa!

This kinda sounds like you got your hands on a second hand helmet that may have been dropped or fallen. Since the single most important piece of gear you wear is your helmet, maybe you should pony up and get a new one. You can buy EXO-700s as cheap as $99.99 and EXO-400s as cheap as $49.99.

When a helmet hits the deck even if it falls off your seat at a standstill, its no longer serviceable.
Too40gawlf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #7
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too40gawlf View Post
When a helmet hits the deck even if it falls off your seat at a standstill, its no longer serviceable.
I've always wondered if this was always true when I first heard it during my MSF course or if it was more conjecture.

http://www.smf.org/helmetfaq#aDroppedHelmet

I've heard of people who drop their helmets off their seat and send it in for safety inspection and get it returned with a letter saying it's still good. Any ways, if you have serious doubts, better safe than sorry. $50 for a new helmet is a worth while investment, at least for the peace of mind.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2011, 05:13 AM   #8
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

Not sure if you called or not. If it is a used helmet you should defenantly look into getting a new one like they said above. But as I look through sites for a face shield for my 500 I do see a lot of the quick shift replacements for about 6 bucks.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote