ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old February 2nd, 2011, 05:38 PM   #1
DRivero
ninjette.org guru

Name: Debbi

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250 (Sold); 2008 Ninja EX500

Sartso riding jeans

Does anyone have a pair? I went on the web site, and they look awesome. However, I'd like to hear some real-world reviews.

If you haven't seen them, here's the site:

http://www.sartso.com/index.php

Old February 2nd, 2011, 06:06 PM   #2
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

They look stylish but damn are they expensive. Generally I spend around $30 for a pair of street jeans and then I coughed up $100 for the shift branded riding jeans. I cant imagine spending almost twice that. Even if they look so damn good.

I'm sure the same weaknesses with riding jeans exist though. I'd just get a regular pair of thick jeans, kevlar lined if possible, and spend the extra cash on some armored shorts and knee armor.

If you do try it out, report back on the quality. If i get a better job I might not mind springing for the men's 8-skulls pattern. Looks sweet.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:07 PM   #3
lux
ninjette.org guru

Name: lux

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I have a pair and like them well enough. Before the Sartsos, I was either wearing a pair of regular jeans, or Alpinestars Street Cargo pants that are a size or two too big. I always wear Forcefield knee pads.

Quality seems good, but I have nothing to compare them with. They feel thick in the Kevlar places, and they're somewhat heavy. The men's Relax Fit seem snug in the waist and baggy in the thighs. I guess because they're Relax Fit. lol I would like the thighs to be a little slimmer. The Classic Fit seems like they would be, but that style's waist appears higher. I know the fits will probably be different for the women's styles, but I figured I'd write this anyway for the guys that might read this.

Inseam might be a little long off the bike, not so much when in the riding position. Or you might have to cuff them a little.

Their online shop has a Privacy Notice section, but no content. Not sure if that matters. I didn't purchase directly from them.

I've worn them for a handful of rides and so far I'm satisfied with them.
lux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:20 PM   #4
Reswob
ninjette.org sage

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Triumph Bonneville Black

I'll probably be getting a pair of these as soon as I have the extra cash. It'll be nice to have the knee pads integrated in the jeans instead of having to strap on separate armor under my levi's! Lux where did you order from? The only places I see carrying them have a 10-20% restocking fee if it turns out they don't fit.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:24 PM   #5
mrlmd
ninjette.org sage

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Suzuki S50, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F, 1990 Honda PC800, 2000 Yamaha TW200

While they may prevent road rash (they are designed for "abrasion injuries" like their ad says), there's no armor or padding in them and they're ridiculously expensive for what they are. Remember, you were skating and fell on your butt and fractured your coccyx. Imagine the damage you could do falling off the bike at any faster speed. Invest in a pair of armored riding pants or overpants and be much better protected. Look at what's available on Leatherup.com, newenough.com, etc. for low prices. I've gotten some great stuff offering good protection (abrasion and armor) for both the hot summer days as well as warmth for the winter, and sales pop up on many good sites all the time. In my mind, those kevlar jeans offer very little in the way of real protection but are better admittedly better than cotton denim.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:27 PM   #6
setasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
I'll probably be getting a pair of these as soon as I have the extra cash. It'll be nice to have the knee pads integrated in the jeans instead of having to strap on separate armor under my levi's! Lux where did you order from? The only places I see carrying them have a 10-20% restocking fee if it turns out they don't fit.
Problem with integrated knee pads/armor is that they generally dont stay put since jeans tend to be on the looser side.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:30 PM   #7
setasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
In my mind, those kevlar jeans offer very little in the way of real protection but are better admittedly better than cotton denim.
It's true that kevlar jeans by them selves offer very little in the protection department but if you wear some armored shorts + knee guards, I think they're almost on par with many other textile overpants. Personally, I love the jeans + armor add-on option purely because of flexibility. Sometimes overpants tend to have loose fitting armor and so even then, adding on some strap on knee armor would step up the protection a bit.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 09:24 PM   #8
Reswob
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Triumph Bonneville Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
While they may prevent road rash (they are designed for "abrasion injuries" like their ad says), there's no armor or padding in them and they're ridiculously expensive for what they are.
There are pockets for CE knee armor. And they are priced pretty comparably to other kevlar-lined jeans out there. I need to get some 'real' riding pants too, but I would only be wearing them on long trips, or if I was just out joyriding on a Sunday afternoon. The rest of the time, these would be much better than my levi's.

Old February 3rd, 2011, 08:30 AM   #9
mrlmd
ninjette.org sage

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Suzuki S50, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F, 1990 Honda PC800, 2000 Yamaha TW200

I didn't see any mention of pockets for CE armor in those jeans, and that would make them the same as riding pants if that were true, and still much more expensive than comparable pants from other manufacturers as you then have to buy armor that would fit.
motorcycle-superstore.com is having a sale now of many things including up to 75% off on Fieldsheer gear.. They have a lot of riding pants, take a look there - much better protection, and they make good stuff.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #10
Slono
ninjette.org guru

Name: Solon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (sold), 2007 SV650s (deer wrecked), 2010 Suzuki SV650S

Any more input on whether or not these jeans are better than other brands of riding jeans?
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #11
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

I have been just wearing a very baggy pair of icon denim
The victory pant .
So I shod defiantly suit up with som knee guards and stuff?
I have armored and in armored leather and textil
And I have super duty bOots . But I did t even thIno of getting armor for legs ect. What's good armor to combo with baggy jeans ?

So would you need armor under these other brands too ?
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote