ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 1st, 2011, 08:14 AM   #1
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Another hit and run, no justice-2009

I remember when this happened two years ago last month. A 72 year old rider and his friend were out on the freeway and someone hit him, knocking him off his bike and into traffic where he was killed by an 18 wheeler that couldn't avoid him. The driver fled the scene but was later caught, her name was Tasha Hayes. She was arrested the next day and charged with fleeing the scene of the accident. There's no way of knowing if she was intoxicated that Thursday night; she claimed she swerved to avoid something in the roadway and hit Charles King, then stopped, watched him get hit by the semi, and left.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Wom...Run-Death.html

I was googling around and found this story, and decided to find out what happened with the girl that killed King. After some searching, it turns out the Grand Jury no-billed her in June 2009, two months after the crime. So, other than an arrest record she suffered no real consequences for her causing King's death.

I am greatly disappointed. She freely admitted to fleeing the scene. There were witnesses who got her plates, She all but confessed to the crime, and for that, nothing.

I cannot fathom how any person on the Grand Jury could ignore the facts of the case and find no cause to bring this case to court. The hatred for motorcyclists runs deep around here, it appears.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2011, 08:51 AM   #2
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

The first mistake they made in that article was calling her an 18 year old woman. I feel that stopping, just to watch the man get run over by an 18 wheeler then leaving the scene is even worse than a simple hit and run. She obviously didn't call emergency services and wasn't aware of her surroundings. What possibly could have been in her way that she had to swerve into the opposing lane (most likely without looking first). That's a very sad story and I feel bad for the family but it's a simple matter that our legal system in America can't catch them all. I could bicker on about our legal system but I'll save you guys the trouble .

Old June 1st, 2011, 09:06 AM   #3
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

Because it was a motorcyclist. Had it been someone on a regular bicycle, or a pedestrian, she probably would have gotten nailed all the way. But when things like this involve someone on a motorcycle, they invariably seem to end up with very light sentences if any.
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:27 PM   #4
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

someone needs to "bump" her in front of a bus >.>
rusninja is offline   Reply With Quote