ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Cargo Space

Old August 21st, 2012, 09:23 PM   #1
mholme
ninjette.org member

Name: Marques

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R, '06 636

Bags-Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebag System

I'd seen these used before by a couple of people at my job(I work at a conference facility and the Maryland Motorcycle Dealer's Association is one of our clients) and decided to go ahead and purchase them and review them for myself. This isn't a DIY, but there is some assembly required for the support system. It's pretty straight forward with a key code for the bolts in the instructions. I purchased them from twistedthrottle.com

The box:

Bags:

Content:

Assembly:

Mounted:

And girlfriend approved:

It took about an hour with crappy picture taking along the way to put everything together. I'll have my first commute with them tomorrow. Initial impressions are that they are of pretty high quality and fit well. Some adjustment required to secure them, but once in place, they aren't going anywhere, in any direction. They are compact and storage space when expanded is decent. Not huge storage capacity, but enough for my work clothes, shoes and aforementioned beverages. And they go on as easily as they come off. Overall, I'm impressed, but only time will tell if they were worth the money.

Last futzed with by mholme; August 22nd, 2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Bad link
mholme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 22nd, 2012, 04:44 AM   #2
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Nice! I look forward to some additional feed-back.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 22nd, 2012, 07:59 AM   #3
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): Honda Elite 110 (deceased), Green 2012 Ninja 250 (sold on Pi day); Grey/Green 2019 Ninja 400 ABS

I actually ordered these first, but TT were backordered, so I adjusted my order to the Alu-Rack and Coocase.

I'm happy to have helmet storage but the Alu-Rack was definitely more work to put together!
Numbersix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:23 AM   #4
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

I must say... This is a pretty nice system!

Link to original page on YouTube.

I wish these systems had some way to secure them to the bike. I use my bike for commuting but I just don't want to have to carry my bags in every day. I'm exploring a hard luggage setup from a another forum member. That should give me the security I'm looking for. This would be my second pick though.

Link to product: www.twistedthrottle.com

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:04 AM   #5
Broc
ninjette.org member

Name: Broc

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Black - Sold / 2011 Honda CB1000R

I looked at these myself for awhile but I just cannot justify them especially for the cost. They recently just raised all there prices nearly $50.00 as well. Really, over $300 for soft saddle bags which offer no security?

I can also steal those in about 5 seconds and it even has a clever handle so I don't drop them as I run away.

In my opinion there is only (1) option to motorcycle luggage. Go hard or go home. Locks or bust. Unless you like taking that **** off every time you leave the bike!

It might work for some people but not I.

Plus, I don't care how non-scratch the underside of the lay over strap is. It is going to scratch. Luggage should never touch the body of the bike. I'm sure they'll include those clear 3M protective stickers but still.....ugh...

Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:50 AM   #6
mholme
ninjette.org member

All good points you make when considering this system. And yes they did include protective backing.

For me, I bought them strictly for commuting to work, so there is zero chance they are getting stolen. Unless someone breaks into my office. I have no intention or desire for a fixed hard luggage system. The great thing about these is that they do go on and off in seconds. Like you said, not ideal for everybody, but this is a much better alternative for someone like me who has been commuting with a back pack.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:57 AM   #7
seanshawnS
ninjette.org member

Name: SHAWN

Motorcycle(s): Ninja250r(2012PR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broc View Post
I looked at these myself for awhile but I just cannot justify them especially for the cost. They recently just raised all there prices nearly $50.00 as well. Really, over $300 for soft saddle bags which offer no security?

I can also steal those in about 5 seconds and it even has a clever handle so I don't drop them as I run away.

In my opinion there is only (1) option to motorcycle luggage. Go hard or go home. Locks or bust. Unless you like taking that **** off every time you leave the bike!

It might work for some people but not I.

Plus, I don't care how non-scratch the underside of the lay over strap is. It is going to scratch. Luggage should never touch the body of the bike. I'm sure they'll include those clear 3M protective stickers but still.....ugh...
A lot of soft options include saggy bags(hehe) which seem entirely insecure. These at least seem to adhere well to the form of the bike.

Personally I live in a small town, you're usually pretty safe leaving your helmet and whatnot on your bike. When I move maybe I'll change my luggage priorities but right now, these are exactly what I'm after.

Plus like it or not, soft luggage is easy while most hard luggage options either change the size of the bike in a way you'd have to seriously think about or require more than a wee bit o the wrench.

Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:46 AM   #8
Broc
ninjette.org member

Name: Broc

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Black - Sold / 2011 Honda CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by mholme View Post
All good points you make when considering this system. And yes they did include protective backing.

For me, I bought them strictly for commuting to work, so there is zero chance they are getting stolen. Unless someone breaks into my office. I have no intention or desire for a fixed hard luggage system. The great thing about these is that they do go on and off in seconds. Like you said, not ideal for everybody, but this is a much better alternative for someone like me who has been commuting with a back pack.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think this is exactly what they are marketed for and the only way I see them working well. Sounds like a good buy for you! I have seen these bags in person and they really are excellent quality! SW-Motech usually produces nice stuff.

Old August 24th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #9
mholme
ninjette.org member

R.I.P. to Dereck at twistedthrottle. I went to post some positive feedback at the site yesterday and saw that he had passed. I'll add more info from my experience with the bags soon, although I will say that nothing much has changed from my initial impressions.

Old March 4th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #10
Tinto
Java Junkie

Name: Tinto

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R and 2012 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom

I have these same bags and would like to make a few pro and con comments about them.

Pros:

First off, these bags go on and come off in seconds. Really slick!

I also like that everything except the quick release bracket can be removed making the bike appear stock.

The hardware is excellent quality.

Can be used with a passenger.

These saddlebags match well with my Nelson-Rigg tail bag.

Cons:

The reflective piping isn't very bright.

The protective rubberized material on the exterior side that touches the bike isn't very durable and wears out easily due to rubbing/friction.

The bags will damage the plastic seat assembly due to rubbing. (I place some thin foam rubber in between the bags and the bike to prevent this damage.)

The outside zippered pockets hold very little.

The "waterproof" removable pouches are not designed to cover the outside of the bag but are made to keep your items inside your bags dry. A bad design IMO because the bags get wet and dirty and need cleaning and drying out if riding in inclement weather. It would be much easier to clean a slip on outer cover and keep your bags dry rather than using an interior pouch.

Last, but not least, this system is expensive!
Tinto is offline   Reply With Quote