ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old January 9th, 2018, 07:50 PM   #1
BernawanFR
ninjette.org member

Name: Bernawan

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2011

"Race-Look" Project

I've been thinking and working on it for a month, just installed new farkles on my ninjette
- Race buttons on the left replaced horn, low beam, high beam, small LED thing on the headlight, and added pass light as well
- Removed turn signal function, replaced with hazard light switch
- Race button on the right replaced Engine Cut-Off function and Engine Start button
- Cheap $30 Throttle Kit works like charm
- New sets of livery
For the whole things above, I spent $100 including the installation fee, electrical stuff is a "no-go" for me.

Hopefully my bike can be a reference for those who want to make their bikes look like a track bike but is still road legal (different culture and traffic law may applies)

Have a nice day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180110_092905.jpg (141.7 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180110_092938.jpg (101.7 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180110_093006.jpg (93.9 KB, 58 views)
BernawanFR is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old January 9th, 2018, 09:16 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2018, 09:25 PM   #3
BernawanFR
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
probably the most unfamiliar and kinda unpleasent looking cockpit of ninja 250

Old January 9th, 2018, 09:50 PM   #4
psykown
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 "sold" 2014 ninja 300 "Gold" 2000 DRZ400S (Sold the POS) K7 GSXR600 (Also POS...see a pattern?

Love the race buttons! Have fun!

Old January 9th, 2018, 09:58 PM   #5
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
If you are going for the race look, then lose the rim tape unless its reflective "for safety." Nothing says street bike more than rim tape. Another mod that is actually helpful that will assist with the race look is a steel front brake line.

Unless you need it, losing the passenger equipment will also add much to the race look.

That tank cover looks huge! An endurance bike will have an oversized tank, a sprint bike has a stock sized tank and is normally only filled with enough fuel to complete the sprint laps.

Another cheap mod to do next time you change tires is 90-degree valve stems. These are a godsend in the paddock when working with your air pressures.

And don't forget the zip tie on one of the fork legs.

And NOTHING.... and I repeat NOTHING completes the race look like the lack of chicken strips.

Seriously though, the RIDER is part of the race look as well. So gear up like a racer! Trust me, you will be glad you're wearing it if you ever need it.

Good luck with everything, I like what you got going on so far and will check out any further pics you post. It looks like my bike back in 2014.... good times, good times.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2018, 09:59 PM   #6
jrshooter
ninjette.org guru

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): ninja 300

now to finish the look, you need
1. cracked and scratched fairings.
2. dented exhaust
3 at least 2 feet of duct tape on something.
then you will have the typical small bike track bike.
jrshooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2018, 12:27 AM   #7
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
You can simulate cracked fairings with pinstriping
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2018, 12:38 AM   #8
BernawanFR
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
If you are going for the race look, then lose the rim tape unless its reflective "for safety." Nothing says street bike more than rim tape. Another mod that is actually helpful that will assist with the race look is a steel front brake line.

Unless you need it, losing the passenger equipment will also add much to the race look.

That tank cover looks huge! An endurance bike will have an oversized tank, a sprint bike has a stock sized tank and is normally only filled with enough fuel to complete the sprint laps.

Another cheap mod to do next time you change tires is 90-degree valve stems. These are a godsend in the paddock when working with your air pressures.

And don't forget the zip tie on one of the fork legs.

And NOTHING.... and I repeat NOTHING completes the race look like the lack of chicken strips.

Seriously though, the RIDER is part of the race look as well. So gear up like a racer! Trust me, you will be glad you're wearing it if you ever need it.

Good luck with everything, I like what you got going on so far and will check out any further pics you post. It looks like my bike back in 2014.... good times, good times.
Thank you for the heads up and assistance my rim tape is totally non reflective and now i'm thinking about taking it off

my tires are out of chicken strips so i think I'm good to go, here we make our own DIY Curcuit on abandoned parking lot to scrap our sliding pads

riding gear is always my top priority, ATGATT even if it's just chill ride with some mates on the weekend

well i've never been to other countries to do or even watch track day (youtube is my window) so i'm totally not familiar with track bikes and rules in detail, my intention is that to make the bike to look a little bit more "racey" than the stock one, sorry for the misleading thread title

Old January 10th, 2018, 12:44 AM   #9
BernawanFR
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
now to finish the look, you need
1. cracked and scratched fairings.
2. dented exhaust
3 at least 2 feet of duct tape on something.
then you will have the typical small bike track bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
You can simulate cracked fairings with pinstriping
it does have medium scratches on the right side fairing when i crashed during free practice, and also cracked upper headlight cowl which i have fixed and had it repainted last 2 weeks

Old January 10th, 2018, 01:03 AM   #10
BernawanFR
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykown View Post
Love the race buttons! Have fun!
thank you, much simpler in my opinion

Old January 10th, 2018, 05:39 AM   #11
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
If you're going for the race look, use lots of zip ties to hold stuff together.

Lots.

Akin to duct tape, zip ties are like the Force. There are light ones and dark ones, and they bind the universe together.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old January 15th, 2018, 01:34 PM   #12
ck.mecha
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 1969 Benelli Cobra 125, 1970 Honda CB160, 2009 Kawasaki 250R

Get handy with some tiny drill bits and safety wire. Nothing says "race" to me like some nice safety wire work. Will cost you less than $10 probably.
ck.mecha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2018, 01:53 PM   #13
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck.mecha View Post
Get handy with some tiny drill bits and safety wire. Nothing says "race" to me like some nice safety wire work. Will cost you less than $10 probably.
It's also good midwinter therapy. Makes you feel like you're doing something useful with the bike. I've been known to wire stuff I don't need to, just for the hell of it.

Just make sure you account for every last little bit of wire when you clean up. That stuff can be vicious.

PS: If I knew then what I know now, I would have opted for the finer-gauge wire. Naturally I bought the full 1 lb can, so I've got enough to last until long after I'm dead.

Wonder if I can convince my wife to safety-wire the lid on my urn after I'm cremated? #onlyatrackriderwouldunderstand

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote