ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 1st, 2013, 08:47 AM   #1
davidjones82

What are some good lightweight motorcycles?

I wanted a list of lightweight 125cc motorcycles so that I can compare them and see which would suit be better. Preferably one suitable for 4'10" and 80lbs haha...

Old May 1st, 2013, 08:51 AM   #2
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
street or offroad?

This could probably go into the general motorcycle area as well.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2013, 09:09 AM   #3
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjones82 View Post
I wanted a list of lightweight 125cc motorcycles so that I can compare them and see which would suit be better. Preferably one suitable for 4'10" and 80lbs haha...
Great first post. By the way do you have a list of electronics and their prices. Preferably one for someone who doesn't know what they are looking for?

David, are you thinking of becoming a 4'10", 80lb girl in the future.

Old May 1st, 2013, 09:17 AM   #4
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
also what is your definition of lightweight?
and why does it need to be lightweight?

Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:27 AM   #5
modded
ninjette.org member

Name: Jake

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Green 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
also what is your definition of lightweight?
and why does it need to be lightweight?
I think it needs to be lightweight so that someone who weighs 80 pounds can operate it.
modded is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:07 AM   #6
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by modded View Post
I think it needs to be lightweight so that someone who weighs 80 pounds can operate it.
if by operate you mean pick it up if they wreck then it kind of makes sense.

People ride ridiculously heavy motorcycle with no problem all the time...until they lay it over.

But just for an idea, even 125cc 4stroke dirtbikes weighs around 200lbs. No small task for an 80lb individual to upright after laided over. I would only assume a street version would weight slightly more.

Old May 4th, 2013, 02:45 AM   #7
KawiKid860

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

125cc dirt bike sounds like the only answer I can think of. Is this for a kid? My Honda Metropolitan is 180lbs wet and I lift it all the time to move it (and do wheelies lol...) but I can't really say what it would be like if I were only 4'10 and 80 lbs...
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2013, 02:55 AM   #8
psych0hans

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
http://bit.ly/10c25Xd

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 4th, 2013, 05:15 AM   #9
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Welcome to the site, David !!!

Your options are very limited in USA, where EPA restrictions on imports and the high speeds of traffic makes the 250 cc the minimum findable in the new-bikes market.

You may be able to find some used 125 cc street motorcycle built some years ago, such as MZ RT125 and Suzuki GN125.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tXG9pxSBM1..._MuZ_Rider.jpg

"MZ manufactured a line of 125 cc four-stroke motorcycles using an engine that was designed in-house. The MZ 125 produces 15 bhp (11 kW) and nearly 10 lb·ft (14 N·m) of torque. It is a liquid-cooled, dual-overhead-cam design with four valves, high-voltage electronic ignition and an 11,000 rpm ignition cut-off. This engine was used in four models, all of which share a common frame. The frame is a tube-steel backbone with the engine as a stressed bottom member. Differences in the suspension, fascia, gearing, and equipment make the four models relatively distinct, despite the shared platform. All four bikes feature a six-speed transmission and dual disc brakes.

The RT-125 is a mini naked sport bike introduced in 2000. It features a 125 cc liquid-cooled DOHC single-cylinder engine, developing 15 bhp.

The 125-SM is a Supermotard style bike with taller street tuned suspension, tallish gearing, and reduced weight.

The 125-SX features the same appearance as the SM but has a suspension tuned more for off-road use, enduro-style tires, and slightly lower gear ratios.

The 125 FunX is a minimalist light-duty motocross bike.

All four 125s are capable of speeds over 65 mph (105 km/h), with the fastest being the RT and SM, both of which are capable of 75 mph (121 km/h) sustained speeds."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MZ_Moto...nd_Zweiradwerk

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bi...25-1994--2001/

Dirt bikes are available in 125 cc, but they are tall and non-street legal.

There are also scooters available in 125 cc 4-stroke.

Best luck in your search !!!
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote