ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Forum Info > Forum Information

Notices

Old April 11th, 2014, 05:29 AM   #1
mgentz
Board Member

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): 250R (street), 250R (dirt)

Database Errors

@Alex I keep getting database errors when searching through the forums. Is it me or is something up?
mgentz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2014, 05:52 AM   #2
agentbad
ninjette.org sage

Name: bob

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250, 2006 SV650N

Yeah I'm getting the same thing.
agentbad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2014, 06:02 AM   #3
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Wink Cant view database error thread cuz of database error

sorry I couldn't resist

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2014, 08:02 AM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Consider yourself lucky, most people couldn't even get to the forum!

All is fixed now; a server reboot at my ISP seems to have corrupted a table. It's not supposed to happen that way, but sometimes, well, it does.

Let me know if you see anything weird going forward...

/moved to forum info

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2014, 10:48 AM   #5
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

OK - all tables have been rebuilt & optimized, all should be working about as quickly as it can work on this hardware at this point. I was thinking that SSL would slow down page views a bit, but it hasn't moved the needle more than a few percent in terms of server load.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old April 11th, 2014, 05:03 PM   #6
mgentz
Board Member

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): 250R (street), 250R (dirt)

Cool. Thanks!!
mgentz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #7
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

^ Me when I couldn't get on ninjette earlier

"even a proper fitting helmet can 'get loose'" -csmith
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2014, 11:25 AM   #8
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Have been tweaking all morning. Full file system check, repair/optimize all db tables (yet again), and a couple other tweaks to the setup. Each table now loads in auto-recover mode, so if it has crashed for whatever reason, it will try and repair it on its own instead of waiting for me to get off my lazy butt and fix it. I also disabled some performance improving flags, that may have made it more likely to cause corruption on unexpected reboots. I don't expect the change to be noticeable in terms of system speed, but should make it more reliable.

Old April 12th, 2014, 12:48 PM   #9
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Our benevolent overlord has been working tirelessly to maintain the ninjette cult community infrastructure
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2014, 12:52 PM   #10
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Old April 12th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #11
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old April 13th, 2014, 07:54 AM   #12
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Shush you silly squirrel, I like the idea of being a pack!
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote