ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old March 8th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #81
MikeBudd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): RED 2010 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi View Post
I only had the bottles 1/3 full. After I adjusted the screw the fluid started bubbling in the bottle and I think thats how the other hose going to the carb sucked some up. I might try it again and see what happens...Do you think perhaps Im turning the screw too fast and its causing the fluid to bubble like crazy? This all happened so fast, i shut the bike off right away but I wasnt quick enough. Am I doing it wrong?
That's strange :O

If your carbs are very out of sync, then it doesn't really matter how fast you are turning it because all the liquid will shoot over to one bottle right when you turn your engine on. Then it will only be air being pushed in to the full bottle from the empty one, causing the bubbles.

If you turn the screw the right way, the bubbles should essentially stop on one side while the oil is starting to move back over. Then just gradually slow down until everything has stopped.

I would suggest, if you can still remember which way to turn the screw to move the liquid back into the other bottle (empty one), give it some turns before you turn your bike on to get them back into better alignment so you don't have complete drainage of one bottle.

Personally I eyeballed the butterfly valves when I took my carbs out, and when I did get around to syncing them the first time, there was very little flow and I didn't even think it was working :P If you are really worried about it happening again, I would eyeball it (super easy if you have no more airbox!)
MikeBudd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #82
kawi
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

I feel kind've dumb asking but when you say "eye ball" do you mean look at the butterflys and see when they are close to being all the way closed? First time doing this so Im kind've green.
kawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2012, 01:00 AM   #83
MikeBudd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): RED 2010 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi View Post
I feel kind've dumb asking but when you say "eye ball" do you mean look at the butterflys and see when they are close to being all the way closed? First time doing this so Im kind've green.

Yeah, you can move them with the actual throttle on the bars/throttle on the carb, and then adjust the screw so that they *Look* like they are closing and opening at exactly the same speed. You will know what I mean when you try it.
MikeBudd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #84
flurbadurba
ninjette.org member

Name: Adrian

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Has anybody used this gauge? It was my first crack at syncing and I wanna make sure it looks alright.

http://youtu.be/gYfQk7_QEns

Old February 13th, 2014, 03:30 AM   #85
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Yay old thread revival!

Would this DIY sync tool also work for a throttle body sync?
tfkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2014, 12:47 PM   #86
CraigRR
ninjette.org member

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Honda CBR 1000RR/ 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Thank you for this Thread!
CMRA#147
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 14th, 2014, 11:41 AM   #87
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
I wanted to do a DIY carb sync but didn't have any bottles/containers laying around that I thought would be good for this. So instead I bought 2 cheap vacuum gauges off ebay, attached a hose to each, attached each one to one side of the carb and presto, Carb sync tool for $15, 5 for each gauge, 5 for a big roll of tubing.

Only thing is the tube is to big and needles doesn't stabilize so you need to choke the tube a bit with pliers, vise grips work well, I had hemostats that worked as well and the needle will stabilize quite nicely.

So another option that isn't quite as expensive as a $40-$50 sync tool

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote