ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old January 9th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #1
Betlog
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dude!!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r

Gas Tank, is it this weak?

Hi guys, I posted this at Kawiforums too but figured some people here might have the answer:

Ok. I noticed that my gas tank is not perfectly contoured. The sides of the area where one usually places a tank protector on mine seems to be very, very slightly dented (slight enough that it won't show on pics, but I can feel it). I am not sure if this was how it came out of the factory or if this is something I might have done when placing the tank protector/pad. I can't imaging the tank pad to be this weak... I mean I did push down on the pad to make sure it sticks but is our tank really weak? Can you guys confirm that the tank pad area is not completely perfectly contoured? Thanks.

Click for a bigger view.
side.jpg
tank.jpg
Betlog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #2
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

well stock seat will cause you to "slide" toward the tank..so if your nuts are not perfectly even (ie one small & one larger) will is cause the tank to "dent" unevenly.

I have big nuts and a giant elephant size hose so did some major dent in that vicinity..

j/k
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #3
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

That's why I don't like stoppies
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #4
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Mine does have a tiny dip in the top of the tank (about where the family jewels would ride) nobody would notice. Probably couldn't get a picture of it either. Not sure exactly if my dip is like your dip or not though. Let me read over it again.

edit:
My dip seems to be factory. I can't tell for sure but it does seem like the tank does have a shallow dimple there on each side like you say...
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #5
Betlog
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dude!!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
Mine does have a tiny dip in the top of the tank (about where the family jewels would ride) nobody would notice. Probably couldn't get a picture of it either. Not sure exactly if my dip is like your dip or not though. Let me read over it again.

edit:
My dip seems to be factory. I can't tell for sure but it does seem like the tank does have a shallow dimple there on each side like you say...
Thanks for checking. I really appreciate it.
Betlog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 16th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #6
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

hmm, the topic of this thread could be taken more than one way. Of course I do have a dirty mind.

nb