ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old June 22nd, 2014, 10:26 PM   #1
twistywrist
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): white 2014 Ninja 300 SE ABS

Talking first group ride, lake berryessa

This weekend I went on my first group ride with 3 other guys (and 2 wives as passengers) I recently met on another forum. It was a lot of fun, the route was beautiful, the weather was nice, and I got my first taste of some real twistys! I had a blast, I can't wait to get back out there asap!

The forum I found is sacramentocrotchrockets.com, it's a great local forum and everyone is pretty safety conscious so there isn't any hooliganism. They rate the rides as "newbie friendly," C, B-, B, B+, and A, depending on the pace and the rules (speed, whether they allow passing, etc) so new guys don't get caught trying to keep up with more experienced riders. Everyone on the ride knew it was my first time so the pace was relaxed and we took several breaks along the way. It was a great first group ride experience.
twistywrist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2014, 12:12 AM   #2
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Name: Genesis

Motorcycle(s): SC28 Fireblade

Nice, I went their a few months ago, but haven't gone their since. Sometimes there's CHP hiding around the corners their, so I no longer run at the pace that I used to go. I just keep it relaxed at most. I like HW 121 on the way to NAPA, there's a local Starbucks and a chevron when you get out of the twisties.
BoBO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2014, 12:24 AM   #3
twistywrist
ninjette.org member

Yeah we ran into one chp who was hiding in a sneaky spot but luckily we were stuck behind a truck at the time so we were going the speed limit. We never really exceeded the limit by more than 10 or 15 mph but still enough to get a ticket I suppose. I'll have to check out the 121 sometime, I do love me some coffee =)

Old June 23rd, 2014, 07:28 AM   #4
algs26
ninjette.org guru

Name: al

Motorcycle(s): ex300, gave up looking for a 250

I saw that posting but stayed up too late the night before. About how long was the ride?
algs26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2014, 08:24 AM   #5
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Name: Lane

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 (trackbike), CBR600RR, GS500F

If your group ever heads up to Crescent city, post up. Our local group is thinking about doing a ride down that way some time in the next few weeks.
Worldtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2014, 08:32 AM   #6
twistywrist
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by algs26 View Post
I saw that posting but stayed up too late the night before. About how long was the ride?
We left at like 8:30 and got back around 1, but we stopped for lunch and took 2 other breaks for like 15 min each so the total riding time was probably just under 3 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
If your group ever heads up to Crescent city, post up. Our local group is thinking about doing a ride down that way some time in the next few weeks.
Sure thing, let me know if you guys ever go on a ride down my way and I'll come meet up with you. Pm me and I should get an email notifying me.

Old June 23rd, 2014, 01:40 PM   #7
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Name: Genesis

Motorcycle(s): SC28 Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistywrist View Post
Yeah we ran into one chp who was hiding in a sneaky spot but luckily we were stuck behind a truck at the time so we were going the speed limit. We never really exceeded the limit by more than 10 or 15 mph but still enough to get a ticket I suppose. I'll have to check out the 121 sometime, I do love me some coffee =)
I got rolled up there, but the cop was nice enough to write me up at just 10mph over the speed limit, instead of my original speed to cut the price of my ticket in half. I felt neutered since then, but if your thinking about coming back there for a casual cruise let me know, since I have only been to HW128 twice and 121 once. I'm off of school for at least 2 months, I could use some scenic relaxation.
BoBO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2014, 03:45 PM   #8
twistywrist
ninjette.org member

Shoot me a pm so I remember your username or better yet, join Sacramentocrotchrockets.com and just keep an eye out for a posting in the group rides section! They're all good people over there