ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 2nd, 2011, 09:38 AM   #1
hoodadooda
MotorbikeLuv

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold), 2006 Daytona 675 in Tornado Red (sold), 2007 Ninja 650

Babe on bike

This is my 6 week old brother on the ninja. He was crying his eyes out, but immediately stopped when I stuck him on the bike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01625.JPG (111.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01626.JPG (113.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01628.JPG (106.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01631.JPG (100.2 KB, 2 views)
hoodadooda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 09:44 AM   #2
Murtasma
2 Wheels 4 Life

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Awe I put my lil one on my Ninja and he hugged the tank right away and started smacking it with his hands. He then started to reach for the bars, he's a natural!
Murtasma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 09:44 AM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 09:55 AM   #4
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

LOL, nice.

My 21 month-old son is infatuated with the gas lock cover. He just flips it up, flips it down, flips it up, flips it down. And for some reason likes to slap the turn signals.

Congrats on being a big brother, you've got some big responsibilities ahead of you.
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:01 AM   #5
Murtasma
2 Wheels 4 Life

My son loves to flip things liek that was well. He loves to sit down with a book for 30 minutes and just keep flipping the same page over and over.

Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:18 AM   #6
SCREEM
ninjette.org member

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 09 250R, 08 connie 14, 08 honda ruckus(gave to mom)

the green bikes may be a wee bit faster, but look what the blue ones can do
SCREEM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:39 AM   #7
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

I hate to actually admit this on the internet, but I have a "friend" who has been known to put his small children on his bike for a slow jaunt around the block (streets service his development only, set back from main streets). I know he doesn't have gear for them, but tells me he puts bicycle helmets on them. His youngest (preschool), he puts between himself and the tank, and oldest (grade school) has graduated to the back seat (not at the same time). I've seen him do it, and the kids seem to love it, but it makes me really nervous....
I would love to take my young children for a ride, but tend to lean toward overly-cautious (generally speaking). If my friend took his kids out of the neighborhood/development, I would respectfully protest, but it seems relatively controlled, and life does have some risk...

Not to 7500 this thread, but it seems somewhat relevant to cute little kids on bikes

What do you guys think? If you do it, what gear do you use? Do they even make motorcycle helmets that small?
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:46 AM   #8
Murtasma
2 Wheels 4 Life

I put my 10 month old son in one of those harnesses you wear over your chest but instead of putting it across my chest I swing it around to my back and put him in it.

HE LOVES IT! I also get tons of honks from cars and stares from people walking down the street.

Naw I'm just playing I would never ride with my child on the bike until he's old enough to fit into a proper DOT or SNELL helmet.

Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:49 AM   #9
kkim

cute kid! gives new meaning the the word "newb".
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:52 AM   #10
noob1220
ninjette.org member

Name: Valerie

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE White

Man, I remember the good ole days, riding on the gas tank of my dad's bike with a bungee cord across my waist attaching myself to him, and my mom sitting behind him, and we'd go out for ice cream. I couldn't have been more than 5 or 6.

My oldest is finally tall enough to reach the rear pegs so we'll be shopping for gear for him in the next few months.
noob1220 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 11:18 AM   #11
hoodadooda
MotorbikeLuv

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold), 2006 Daytona 675 in Tornado Red (sold), 2007 Ninja 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
I hate to actually admit this on the internet, but I have a "friend" who has been known to put his small children on his bike for a slow jaunt around the block (streets service his development only, set back from main streets). I know he doesn't have gear for them, but tells me he puts bicycle helmets on them. His youngest (preschool), he puts between himself and the tank, and oldest (grade school) has graduated to the back seat (not at the same time). I've seen him do it, and the kids seem to love it, but it makes me really nervous....
I would love to take my young children for a ride, but tend to lean toward overly-cautious (generally speaking). If my friend took his kids out of the neighborhood/development, I would respectfully protest, but it seems relatively controlled, and life does have some risk...

Not to 7500 this thread, but it seems somewhat relevant to cute little kids on bikes

What do you guys think? If you do it, what gear do you use? Do they even make motorcycle helmets that small?
I take my little sister (10 y.o.) out on small rides and she loves it. I give her the same "how to be a proper passenger" speech I give anyone that gets on my bike with me. Gear is not optional. I have a few different sized helmets and my smallest one fits her fine and it's a full face of course. Unfortunately, I don't have the other gear for her, but she always wears a sturdy jacket, jeans, leather gloves, and shoes with ankle support. Whenever I have someone on the back, especially family, I'm extremely mindful of them. They put a lot of trust in you and your skills when they mount that rear seat and I definitely don't want to break that.

Also, I've never been very into anyone putting a small child between them and the tank. IMHO, if the kid isn't big enough to ride on the rear seat and be able to properly hang on, then they shouldn't ride. I might be a little overprotective, but I don't want anything bad to happen when they are young. Children are fragile in my eyes and it would most likely ruin their image of motorcycles in general if anything bad happened.

I want to start the little one off the right way, starting with a good education in gear and bicycle riding. Small dirt bikes after some experience on two wheels and eventually his own small street bike/ scooter if he likes riding enough. Of course, this is all a little ways off, he recently learned how to support his own head and I'm proud enough of that for now.

Old June 2nd, 2011, 11:21 AM   #12
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

^ At a minimum, agreed^
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 11:31 AM   #13
hoodadooda
MotorbikeLuv

I'd also like to thank everyone for the comments. I hope little Alex will like motorcycles as much as I do.

Old June 2nd, 2011, 11:43 AM   #14
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodadooda View Post
I hope little Alex will like motorcycles as much as I do.
remember... you're a big brother and a role model for future sibling riders. be a good one by leading by example.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 11:44 AM   #15
Ash
ninjette.org member

Name: Ash

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

My niece on my Ninjette.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-06-19 20.34.50.jpg (58.8 KB, 8 views)
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 12:05 PM   #16
hoodadooda
MotorbikeLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
remember... you're a big brother and a role model for future sibling riders. be a good one by leading by example.
I'll do my best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
My niece on my Ninjette.
Adorable.

Old June 2nd, 2011, 12:18 PM   #17
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
That is way too qute. Great pics.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 12:30 PM   #18
kamikaze
ex-ninjette.org guru :o

Name: Trevor

Motorcycle(s): 2003 SV1000 S

My niece on my bike:

kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 12:59 PM   #19
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I was cleaning my bike (the RT) in the driveway over the weekend, and my 3-yr old was out there "helping". When I was going to take it into the garage (it's on a hill, so I generally start it to get it back in), he hopped on behind me and wouldn't get off no matter how I asked. He had his bicycle helmet on, for what its worth. I started the bike, and we moved forward 25 feet under the bike's own power to get it back into its slot. So he's had his first official motorcycle ride pre 4.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 04:43 PM   #20
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
theres a kid in india who applied for, and got a motorcycle license... IIRC he's 3 or 4 and rides it to school... can't find the link now though! darnit

edit: OH! FOUND IT! http://www.parentdish.com/2009/08/14...ense-in-india/

Old June 3rd, 2011, 06:14 PM   #21
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

I ride 3-4 times a week with my 10 y.o. son on back. He's nuts about it, has been for about a year since I let him ride on the back of the 250. He has his own jacket, helmet and gloves. I just made his day last week when I walked in with a tinted visor for him... I can't reach for my helmet without a "where ya going? Can I come?" from him.

When I was younger than him, my dad used to ride me around on his old 90cc Honda and I hated it. Who knew?

Old June 3rd, 2011, 07:25 PM   #22
hoodadooda
MotorbikeLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post
I ride 3-4 times a week with my 10 y.o. son on back. He's nuts about it, has been for about a year since I let him ride on the back of the 250. He has his own jacket, helmet and gloves. I just made his day last week when I walked in with a tinted visor for him... I can't reach for my helmet without a "where ya going? Can I come?" from him.

When I was younger than him, my dad used to ride me around on his old 90cc Honda and I hated it. Who knew?
I'm sure he's the coolest kid on the block with that tinted visor :P
Sounds like he has a healthy love for riding (and his dad of course)
Does he have anything like a small dirtbike to ride himself?

Old June 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM   #23
hoodadooda
MotorbikeLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
theres a kid in india who applied for, and got a motorcycle license... IIRC he's 3 or 4 and rides it to school... can't find the link now though! darnit

edit: OH! FOUND IT! http://www.parentdish.com/2009/08/14...ense-in-india/
At age 3, I had trouble keeping my power wheels truck on the sidewalk, I can't imagine keeping a full size motorcycle between those dotted lines... on the busy roads of India no less.

Old June 4th, 2011, 12:36 AM   #24
setasai

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

I love how ATGATT doesn't apply to cute kids. Adorable, just adorable.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2011, 07:34 AM   #25
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodadooda View Post
I'm sure he's the coolest kid on the block with that tinted visor :P
Sounds like he has a healthy love for riding (and his dad of course)
Does he have anything like a small dirtbike to ride himself?
He has a minibike, but nowhere to ride it. He's selling it, bummer.

And yeah... he puts on his Karate uniform and we ride to the dojo. How badass is he, riding a motorcycle to kick some ass. He's been training with a bo for the last 2 weeks, so we have to cage it for classes that need it (twice a week). Bummer...

He has an unhealthy love of riding, he's probably 6 years from a Ninjette

Old June 4th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #26
hoodadooda
MotorbikeLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
I love how ATGATT doesn't apply to cute kids. Adorable, just adorable.
It definitely applies! Especially to cute kids! Besides that, I don't take my little sister on rides very often, but when I do, she has a full face helmet, pants, jacket, gloves, and ankle supporting shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post
He has a minibike, but nowhere to ride it. He's selling it, bummer.

And yeah... he puts on his Karate uniform and we ride to the dojo. How badass is he, riding a motorcycle to kick some ass. He's been training with a bo for the last 2 weeks, so we have to cage it for classes that need it (twice a week). Bummer...

He has an unhealthy love of riding, he's probably 6 years from a Ninjette
haha it's love nonetheless
You should have him save his pennies, so he can buy it himself when the time comes. It's definitely an awesome feeling saving up and then buying your own bike.