ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old April 27th, 2014, 06:52 PM   #1
syzergy
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Question Painting the "kawasaki" on the tank?

Just got a black ninja 250 and decided i wanted to go with a red and black theme with the bike. Already replaced the stock "ninja" stickers with red ones and I would like to color the "kawasaki" on the tank itself red. Anyone else have experience doing this? I was thinking about just plasti-dipping it red. Any help is appreciated!

http://imgur.com/w4erDKm
syzergy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2014, 09:36 PM   #2
NinjaZX6R123
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ninja

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja ZX6R, 2009 Ninja 250R

eBay for $7.99. Done. Take a blow dryer to the current sticker and then peel it off. Stick this one on. Oops, read that wrong. You wanted the Kawasaki red as well. Being that the tank Kawasaki is coated that'll be hard to do. G'luck and let us know how it turns out.
NinjaZX6R123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2014, 01:49 AM   #3
auntymunga
ninjette.org member

Name: Samantha

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzergy View Post
Just got a black ninja 250 and decided i wanted to go with a red and black theme with the bike. Already replaced the stock "ninja" stickers with red ones and I would like to color the "kawasaki" on the tank itself red. Anyone else have experience doing this? I was thinking about just plasti-dipping it red. Any help is appreciated!

http://imgur.com/w4erDKm
I haven't done this yet but I do like plastidip as a product so it should turn out sweet.
auntymunga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2014, 06:02 AM   #4
Redgeneral
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r (SOLD) - Black. 2011 ZX-6R Green/Black - 2001 Garbage Bag Green KLR650

I had the same idea. Except I went all black. The way I actually went was that I bought vinyl stickers and put them right over it. That way when I sold it, if the buyer wanted it back to original, he could just peel them off with no issue.

The stickers are identical in size and shape of the original that is under the clear coat. So if you looked at it closely, you would see the "Kawasaki" was still there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00326-20120802-1635(resized).JPG (156.0 KB, 35 views)
Redgeneral is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2014, 06:11 AM   #5
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgeneral View Post
I had the same idea. Except I went all black. The way I actually went was that I bought vinyl stickers and put them right over it. That way when I sold it, if the buyer wanted it back to original, he could just peel them off with no issue.

The stickers are identical in size and shape of the original that is under the clear coat. So if you looked at it closely, you would see the "Kawasaki" was still there.
That's the way to do it.

Plastidip won't work for what you want to do.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2014, 11:02 AM   #6
syzergy
ninjette.org newbie

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:

Did you get them off ebay or do you have a link to buy it? I think this would be my best option. I had looked for stickers to put over it but didn't find any before.

EDIT: Found them! Turns out the guy I bought my "ninja" stickers from also sells some "kawasaki" tank stickers as well. I'm going to purchase these and try it this way. Thanks guys! Ill come back and post pics if I remember.
syzergy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #7
Redgeneral
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r (SOLD) - Black. 2011 ZX-6R Green/Black - 2001 Garbage Bag Green KLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzergy View Post
Did you get them off ebay or do you have a link to buy it? I think this would be my best option. I had looked for stickers to put over it but didn't find any before.

EDIT: Found them! Turns out the guy I bought my "ninja" stickers from also sells some "kawasaki" tank stickers as well. I'm going to purchase these and try it this way. Thanks guys! Ill come back and post pics if I remember.
This is who I bought mine from:
http://www.aavinyl.webs.com/

Stickers were perfect, shipping was quick and overall everything was pretty cheap.
Redgeneral is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2014, 09:19 PM   #8
supernoob
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r

Quote:

Thats sick!!!
supernoob is offline   Reply With Quote