ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old May 7th, 2014, 06:39 AM   #1
Ninja Bob
Certified Slacker

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R SE

Cargo Cowl Bracket?

Is it possible to modify a cowl? Do they make brackets that mount where the cowl mounts? If so, how reliable would that be? It's only held on by that one pin. Finally, if it's not reliable, any recommendations on a frame mounted bracket?

Old May 14th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Technically, it mounts in two places: The locking pin and the plastic nipple in the rubber grommet. The grommet is almost always missing from the metal plate that goes across the underside of the passenger seat.

Mounting anything the way the seat cowl mounts is asking for trouble. The passenger seat itself mounts securely enough that I would just buy one of those and modify it for a securely mounted tail cargo box.

Last futzed with by CZroe; May 14th, 2014 at 07:42 PM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #3
Ninja Bob
Certified Slacker

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Technically, it mounts in two places: The locking pin and the plastic nipple in the rubber grommet. The grommet is almost always missing from the metal plate that goes across the underside of the passenger seat.

Mounting anything the way the seat cowl mounts is asking for trouble. The passenger set itself mounts securely enough that I would just buy one of those and modify it for a securely mounted tail cargo box.
Haha. Thanks for responding. I was thinking the same. I guess I thought the passenger seat was called a cowl.