ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 3rd, 2011, 09:45 AM   #1
glock_19
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Green SE

Reach to the bars?

I'm considering buying a 600 super sport but I have one question I haven't been able to get answered. Which 600 has the shortest reach to the bars, allowing me to sit more upright? (CBR600RR, ZX6R, R6, Daytona 675, GSXR)

I've heard that the CBR has the shortest reach, and sitting on one didn't feel too bad. Definitely felt better than my buddies GSXR.

I realize sitting on them all would be the best option but the dealer around here only had a CBR and a Ninja 650 (not a ZX-6R).

Thanks for the help.
glock_19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2011, 09:48 AM   #2
Mizono
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red Ninja 250R

Yamaha FZ6R has a pretty upright sitting position. More of a Sport Touring set up. If memory serves me it has a similar engine to a R6 but geared and tuned differently. Still a 600cc sportbike.
Mizono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2011, 09:49 AM   #3
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock_19 View Post
I'm considering buying a 600 super sport but I have one question I haven't been able to get answered. Which 600 has the shortest reach to the bars, allowing me to sit more upright?

I've heard that the CBR has the shortest reach, and sitting on one didn't feel too bad. Definitely felt better than my buddies GSXR.

I realize sitting on them all would be the best option but the dealer around here only had a CBR and a Ninja 650 (not a ZX-6R).

Thanks for the help.
I went to the dealership and have been thinking of a zx6r, but I did sit on an R6, gixxer 600 and zx6r.
The gixxer was completely unconfortable for me, but i do believe shortest handle bar reach!

zx6r isn't reassuring to sit on but i guess it just takes getting used to =[
blink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2011, 09:52 AM   #4
glock_19
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizono View Post
Yamaha FZ6R has a pretty upright sitting position. More of a Sport Touring set up. If memory serves me it has a similar engine to a R6 but geared and tuned differently. Still a 600cc sportbike.
Sorry should have specified but I'm looking for one of the racing models, not a sport touring or sport like the Ninja. I know they're not built for comfort, I'm just trying to get the "most" comfortable one. For me comfort is measured by the reach to the bars and how far I have to hunch over. The seat height and peg placement doesn't bother me too much. I'm 5'11" so I can flat foot most bikes and don't mind my legs bent up.

Old June 3rd, 2011, 10:43 AM   #5
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Here, go to this site, put in your height, pick through the different bikes you're interested in, and see for yourself.

motorcycle ergonomics guide
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2011, 10:56 AM   #6
Murtasma
2 Wheels 4 Life

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Here, go to this site, put in your height, pick through the different bikes you're interested in, and see for yourself.

Really cool site thanks for sharing.
Murtasma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2011, 11:11 AM   #7
MrBrownTX
ninjette.org member

Name: Brown

Motorcycle(s): 1995 Ninja EX250

I have always thought it would be a good idea to put risers and actual handle bars on a 600 sport bike to make it more comfortable. My friend had a Honda Super hawk that was set up like that.
MrBrownTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2011, 11:20 AM   #8
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murtasma View Post
Really cool site thanks for sharing.
My pleasure. If I recall correctly, I actually got it from another thread on these forums but don't remember which one. That site will also show you bikes that we don't have here in the states. Like a new Honda in Europe for 2011. The new CBR600F. It's a revival of the old CBR600F4I that will be made in Italy with the approval of Honda Japan. From what I've seen and read on it, it's a bike I really hope makes it to the US.

sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2011, 12:27 PM   #9
glock_19
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post

Wow, thanks for the link. That site is super helpful. As far as results it looks like all the bikes I'm interested in are between 34-36 degrees in forward lean for me. Not a huge difference but the ZX-6R and the CBR600RR are both tied with 34 degrees.

I guess since they're tied I'll look at both, but I definitely like the under-tail exhaust on the CBR, it's just sexy.