ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Old November 17th, 2014, 04:07 AM   #1
Jason5885
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r FI

Exclamation Power Commander or Fl Micro WANTED!

Looking for a power commander or FL Micro for my 2010 Ninja. Will pay for item + shipping. PM me
Jason5885 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2014, 05:03 AM   #2
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Hello Jason,

if you're really looking for anything good and since the Leovince FAST-Fuelsystem is not been sold anymore, I would strong recommend you only the PC-V and nothing else.
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2014, 05:46 AM   #3
garth285
KAWASAKI GURU

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): Turbo Ninja 250

One more thing, power commander has out now a PCFC which is a Power Commander Fuel Controller.

If you just need to adjust fuel and not timing you can load up to 10 maps, still able to tune each map as well as fast adjust them on the fly.... Its about $150 cheaper than the PCV with ign control.... check it out:

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...dl=264&yr=2010
garth285 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2014, 07:59 AM   #4
Jason5885
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth285 View Post
One more thing, power commander has out now a PCFC which is a Power Commander Fuel Controller.

If you just need to adjust fuel and not timing you can load up to 10 maps, still able to tune each map as well as fast adjust them on the fly.... Its about $150 cheaper than the PCV with ign control.... check it out:

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...dl=264&yr=2010
Wow, that is a lot cheaper than the other PC i was looking at. Much appreciated.
Im getting the AreaP full exhaust system. Will this 'power comander FC' be sufficient then? From what i've been led to believe all that needs tampered really is the fuel/air ratio.

Old November 17th, 2014, 08:05 AM   #5
garth285
KAWASAKI GURU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason5885 View Post
Wow, that is a lot cheaper than the other PC i was looking at. Much appreciated.
Im getting the AreaP full exhaust system. Will this 'power comander FC' be sufficient then? From what i've been led to believe all that needs tampered really is the fuel/air ratio.

Correct, if you are just wanting to adjust fuel this will do the trick for you. The only downside is I dont think it will work with anything like the quick shifter or autotune module as well as you dont have the ability to adjust timing which most people will leave alone anyways but some with a dyno are able to get more power out of the bike with timing adjustments.

95% of the time people only touch the fueling of the bike though.

A question I have to you is are you looking for something plug and play and load a map in and go or are you going to have the bike tuned or tune your self?

Old November 17th, 2014, 08:08 AM   #6
garth285
KAWASAKI GURU

One more question for you.....

Do you know what the part number of your ECU is?

Old November 17th, 2014, 08:10 AM   #7
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Quote:
One more question for you.....

Do you know what the part number of your ECU is?
21175-0199

Old November 17th, 2014, 08:12 AM   #8
garth285
KAWASAKI GURU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
21175-0199
Thanks! I was hoping he had a ECU number that was in the woolich program, then he could tune with their stuff direct to the ECU. No worries!

Old November 17th, 2014, 08:13 AM   #9
Jason5885
ninjette.org member

Quote:
21175-0199
Is that for the ninja 2010 FI Model?

if so then thanks

Old November 17th, 2014, 08:15 AM   #10
Jason5885
ninjette.org member

Ive got a dyno quoting me £470/$734 to supply, fit and map a PC5.

Am i better off just saving the money with the same outcome with this PCFC?

Old November 17th, 2014, 08:24 AM   #11
garth285
KAWASAKI GURU

So thats about $400 for the PCV and $330 for the install and mapping I take it?

I am a tuner over here in the States in South Florida and I'll try to steer you the best I can with a few questions.

1. What are you wanting to get out of the bike? meaning are you just installing the PCV because your getting a pipe?

2. What kind of riding do you do? track or street or mixed?

3. are you mechanically inclined and computer literate?

4. What are your future plans with the bike?

There are a few options I can point you towards to get the best bang for the buck, let me know and I'll help you out!

Old November 17th, 2014, 08:27 AM   #12
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason5885 View Post
Is that for the ninja 2010 FI Model?

if so then thanks
Yes, this is the EU-Version (WVTA-Fullpower).

If you're looking for the best and at least all options then go with the PC-V and get it mapped to your bike, since each map from somewhere else would NOT fit to your conditons.
I think 470 GBP is a good offer at all.

Good luck

Old November 17th, 2014, 08:33 AM   #13
Jason5885
ninjette.org member

Quote:
So thats about $400 for the PCV and $330 for the install and mapping I take it?

I am a tuner over here in the States in South Florida and I'll try to steer you the best I can with a few questions.

1. What are you wanting to get out of the bike? meaning are you just installing the PCV because your getting a pipe?

2. What kind of riding do you do? track or street or mixed?

3. are you mechanically inclined and computer literate?

4. What are your future plans with the bike?

There are a few options I can point you towards to get the best bang for the buck, let me know and I'll help you out!
I appreciate the help.

1. I would primarily like more power out of the bike. This is why i originally looked into aftermarket exhausts. The exhaust was a means to an end, and upon researching i realised the pc was a must.

2.All street riding, the track where im from wont allow anything under 400cc on it.

3. I am computer literate, i have a very basic mechanical understanding of bikes/pc5.

4. Future plans are to ride it for at least 2 years as im on a restricted licience, and if financially possible, to keep the bike along with my second bike that i will be purchasing then.

Old November 17th, 2014, 08:34 AM   #14
Jason5885
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Yes, this is the EU-Version (WVTA-Fullpower).

If you're looking for the best and at least all options then go with the PC-V and get it mapped to your bike, since each map from somewhere else would NOT fit to your conditons.
I think 470 GBP is a good offer at all.

Good luck
Thanks for the advice brother

Old November 17th, 2014, 08:54 AM   #15
garth285
KAWASAKI GURU

Got ya!

OK well yes a power commander will do what you need it to do. Well another option you have would be to get the auto tune module from power commander, it will add a wideband heated o2 sensor to your exhaust which most of the time the the aftermarket pipes will include the bung already installed on it.

It might work out to be the same price if not better to buy the PCV as well as the autotune module and self tune your self.

The autotune module records your air fuel ratios at all RPM's and allows you to self tune the bike. You can input what air fuel ratios you want to target which is very easy to install which is really nice and your really getting a accurate tune for your bike with real world throttle and RPM input.

Maybe check out the autotune stuff from dynojet if you can, a lot of times you can find a used system for under $200 USD

I found a PCV with ign control on ebay for $340 USD so that plus the autotune say at $150-$200USD thats only $540ish? or £345

One more option would be to just run the PCFC which is part # FC17046 I found on on ebay for $228 shipped but thats inside the US maybe you can find one over there.

You wont have the ability to hook up the autotune module but you can load up to 10 maps into the controller and test out each one and see which one may give you the best power at wide open throttle and which one gives you the best throttle down low and then merge the maps.

What I use is actually a wideband data logger made by a company called Daytona Sensors and its called a WEGO 3. It records the air/fuel, RPM, and throttle positions, but they are are almost $400 alone for that.

You have a few options but I guess the thing you need to figure out is how much $ you want to throw at the bike and how deep you want to get into it.

By the way pretty much everything dynojet makes is VERY easy to install!

Food for thought, hopefully I didnt confuse you!

Old November 17th, 2014, 06:08 PM   #16
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Hi Jason,

on the given link I guess you'll find the best solution
http://www.cjsracing.co.uk/news.htm

Talk to Chris, when I remember it right then he's charging 150 GBP for the remapping of your ECU.
He can do it on the dyno (what for sure means extra cost) if you bring your bike to him and there is no need for any piggy back system. This can give you exact what you're looking for.
One thing is important to know, the maps of both cylinders are different and I with my limited knowledge am so not sure that Auto tune with only one o2 sensor is able to adjust the system for correct values.
All serious Tuner in this case recommend the usage of the Auto tune with two o2 sensors for 2 cylinder bikes.
I wish you good luck

Old November 19th, 2014, 09:12 AM   #17
garth285
KAWASAKI GURU

Quote:
Hi Jason,

on the given link I guess you'll find the best solution
http://www.cjsracing.co.uk/news.htm

Talk to Chris, when I remember it right then he's charging 150 GBP for the remapping of your ECU.
He can do it on the dyno (what for sure means extra cost) if you bring your bike to him and there is no need for any piggy back system. This can give you exact what you're looking for.
One thing is important to know, the maps of both cylinders are different and I with my limited knowledge am so not sure that Auto tune with only one o2 sensor is able to adjust the system for correct values.
All serious Tuner in this case recommend the usage of the Auto tune with two o2 sensors for 2 cylinder bikes.
I wish you good luck

Wow if that guy is close to the OP That will be the best bet!

For information on the ninja 300 the cyl1 gets 5% more fuel than then cyl2

Old November 24th, 2014, 09:01 AM   #18
Jason5885
ninjette.org member

I thank you for all the help, i think i may possibly be out of my legeue here and need to learn a bit more before i decide to do it lol

Also that guy is 530 miles away from me haha

Old November 24th, 2014, 03:09 PM   #19
garth285
KAWASAKI GURU

You can always add the power commander later on, chances are you will have no problems with the bike with just the pipe on it.