ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old September 10th, 2009, 02:19 AM   #1
Cicarius
Sponge

Name: None

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Video Request of BikeMonkey Integrated Tail

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone who has the integrated light installed could make a video for me.

I have seen the current ones and am after something that shows its visibility a bit better. In the youtube video its hard to tell brightness of indicator compared to brake as the camera adjust for change in brightness levels.

What I would really like to see is a video with the bike only filling a quarter of the screen and a back drop that is not dark (maybe just taken outside).

If anyone can help me out with this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Marty
Cicarius is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 10th, 2009, 09:56 AM   #2
Ken
"Is that the Ninjer 1000?

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Quarter Liter Kawi

Old September 10th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #3
ChansteR
ninjette.org member

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250r

In case you need another video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anjWfKo6GUk
ChansteR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 11th, 2009, 12:12 AM   #4
Cicarius
Sponge

Name: None

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Hey
Thanks Ken, Thats the sort of thing I was after. Judging by the stock indicators I'm guessing your not using the integrated ones. Any reason (ie not bright enough) Keen to see how bright they flash while braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChansteR View Post
In case you need another video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anjWfKo6GUk
Thanks for link but the camera is constantly adjusting brightness. Makes it hard to judge. (if you look at roof in background it fades in and out)

Also noticed that the function is different in this clip then in this clip. In First clip the opposite tail light side turns off while the indicator flashes.

Any further info greatly appreciated

Thanks
Marty
Cicarius is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 11th, 2009, 01:02 AM   #5
Ken
"Is that the Ninjer 1000?

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Quarter Liter Kawi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicarius View Post
Hey
Thanks Ken, Thats the sort of thing I was after. Judging by the stock indicators I'm guessing your not using the integrated ones. Any reason (ie not bright enough) Keen to see how bright they flash while braking.
Hey Marty,

The reason I didn't go with wiring up the signal function is because the taillight housing is too narrow and the LED grouping isn't tight enough so I'm afraid using the brake and turn signal at the same time will confuse the cellphone-chatting, make-up applying, newspaper-reading cagers behind me. Judging by the brightness of red LED I'm sure the orange LED will be just as bright.

The taillight really improves your visibility to others. I have confidence that people can see my taillight when I ride away from the sun. I had people applied the brakes while I sat in a car far away to gauge the brightness with the bike's end pointing towards the sun.

The red LEDs are so intense even in running light mode you can't read my license plate from directly behind it during nighttime.