ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old June 11th, 2014, 12:55 PM   #1
Floki
Motorcycle Nurse?

Name: Jacques

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R, 1998 Ducati 748L #77/100

Bad Drivers (And Rider)

This was posted on 600cc.org and everyone seemed to endorse his style of riding. Yes, most of these drivers were in the wrong but his reactions in most cases were equally as bad. Or am I wrong? I know in extreme cases I have done the power burst ahead of the wrongdoer and shown them exactly how I felt with my mighty digit. But this guy seems to do it on the regular.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Floki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2014, 01:18 PM   #2
bkh2
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2006 GSXR 750; 1983 CB750SC

It looks like he saw all of those things coming and chose not to react accordingly, thereby exaggerating the severity of the inevitable. To make matters worse, he then gets excessively upset based on the unnecessarily 'close call'.
bkh2 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old June 11th, 2014, 01:26 PM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
His horn must be broken....
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2014, 01:31 PM   #4
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh2 View Post
It looks like he saw all of those things coming and chose not to react accordingly, thereby exaggerating the severity of the inevitable. To make matters worse, he then gets excessively upset based on the unnecessarily 'close call'.
More then a few times he accelerates to try to make it closer.
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2014, 01:31 PM   #5
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
His horn must be broken....
My thoughts exactly.
Brother Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2014, 01:38 PM   #6
Redgeneral
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r (SOLD) - Black. 2011 ZX-6R Green/Black - 2001 Garbage Bag Green KLR650

Like Bkh2 said, he saw all of those coming, but instead of riding defensively he decided to ride aggressively and put himself in extremely vulnerable positions.

It's people like him that complain that after he comes up to someone's blind spot and rev's his bike at him, that the driver does something unpredictable and hits him.

99% of collisions are avoidable if you're paying attention and avoid putting yourself in a position to get hurt.
Redgeneral is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old June 11th, 2014, 01:54 PM   #7
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
the rider recording has obviously not had any real close calls, or ever been hit by a car. every single shot in the above was nowhere near close, the rider overreacted in most cases, and instead of trying to prevent something bad from happening took steps that actively made the risk higher.

he does not know how to ride a motorcycle properly in my opinion.

Old June 11th, 2014, 01:56 PM   #8
supersport
ninjette.org member

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

This motorcyclist apparently thinks the world only revolves around him. And in his fantasy, the motorcyclist will come out on top when it hits a 1.5ton car.

Can someone tell this person to assume no one sees you when you're on the bike. But on the bright side darwinism is at work here.

Last futzed with by supersport; June 11th, 2014 at 04:41 PM.
supersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2014, 02:28 PM   #9
Floki
Motorcycle Nurse?

Name: Jacques

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R, 1998 Ducati 748L #77/100

He specifically says he doesn't use the horn because it "sounds wimpy"
Floki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2014, 02:32 PM   #10
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floki View Post
i generally just let people like this do what they will and shrug it off as stupidity. they will figure things out eventually, or die. either way it only indirectly affects me.

Old June 11th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #11
ez12a
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold), 2007 SV650S

Quote:
that's a pretty stupid reason. The driver can't hear him revving his engine either because it's not exactly facing forward. Then he gets mad about it.

i have the same situation at 3:47

Link to original page on YouTube.

it's really not that hard to use the horn and react well in advance.

ez12a is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2014, 03:05 PM   #12
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
^-- why even use the horn in that situation? just slow down and let them do their thing. using the horn didn't benefit you in any way. in fact, if anything it slowed the car down because they were trying to figure out where the noise is coming from

Old June 11th, 2014, 03:46 PM   #13
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

He's probably one of the douchebags in the Nashville Area Motorcycle Riders (NAMR) facebook group. I joined it for about a week before I couldn't stand their squidliness and stupidity and had to remove myself.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2014, 03:51 PM   #14
ez12a
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold), 2007 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
^-- why even use the horn in that situation? just slow down and let them do their thing. using the horn didn't benefit you in any way. in fact, if anything it slowed the car down because they were trying to figure out where the noise is coming from
why use the horn at all in the video in the OP and criticize his lack of usage? revving his engine certainly didnt help him get spotted either.

either way, i took the time to slow down well in advance and never put myself in a dangerous situation and I think it at least notified the driver to look twice next time. I was already on the horn a good time before he was fully into my lane. he/she just didn't stop.

I dont believe horn usage should only be used until the last minute. Using the horn preemptively is defensive driving/riding imo. I would've done the exact same thing in my car.
ez12a is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #15
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

I understand how ppl say motorcyclists should ride defensively but they always seem to be extremely passive when it comes to the cagers driving ability..Like in the video on post 11. That person most likely didnt even look and according to some the rider shouldve just slowed down and not done anything, which just gives the cager a high 5 for being a piece of **** and they end up going about their day most likely doing it a few more times in the same day.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2014, 04:21 PM   #16
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
This was posted on 600cc.org and everyone seemed to endorse his style of riding. Yes, most of these drivers were in the wrong but his reactions in most cases were equally as bad. Or am I wrong? I know in extreme cases I have done the power burst ahead of the wrongdoer and shown them exactly how I felt with my mighty digit. But this guy seems to do it on the regular.
I believe that you are not wrong.

Evidently, this rider is disregarded by drivers.
He needs to work on his presence in traffic.

1) I would consider a different color than all-black.

2) I would also direct him to read these:

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=123541

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/show...ghlight=SMIDSY

http://forums.superbikeschool.com/in...?showtopic=112

"Presence is determined by a location in space. You have an address, you have a telephone number, you have a name, you have a size and a shape. These things, among others, determine your presence in the world around you. When it comes to riding, some riders have more presence than do others and you can see it. Call it telegraphing, call it anything you like, it is force-of-presence and is observable and it goes past the point of just occupying ones skin.

There is an outward bound force of some sort and it establishes the person who has it as something to be reckoned with, on a moment to moment basis. It is perhaps an attitude that results from being in good communication with your environment and that would make sense because those of us who are in good communication with their environment have more of a presence than those who do not." - Keith Code
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2014, 04:50 PM   #17
supersport
ninjette.org member

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post
I understand how ppl say motorcyclists should ride defensively but they always seem to be extremely passive when it comes to the cagers driving ability..Like in the video on post 11. That person most likely didnt even look and according to some the rider shouldve just slowed down and not done anything, which just gives the cager a high 5 for being a piece of **** and they end up going about their day most likely doing it a few more times in the same day.
The fact is, cars will occasionally just come out of nowhere. You can't stop that no matter what. There is a million more cars per one motorcycle. What are the chances of everyone of them driving spectacular and know the perspective of a motorcyclist?

You can either think they all need to conform the the ways of the motorcyclist. And if you do, how can all cars conform to the motorcyclist mentality? Or you can understand and accept that cars at 1.5 ton -3 tons will squash you like a fly on impact. So ride accordingly.

I'm not giving them a high 5, but am i really going to expect every car to see me? Or even better, expect every one to drive perfectly in this perfect world we live in. Are you going to stop every bad driver for bull dropping and give them a good spanking? Your day will never end. Too many cars on the road and a lot of those drivers are just sleeping through life. And the ones that aren't sleeping just suck at driving.

Yes they will continue to drive their cars like that all day but when and if they do hit someone they won't see red like us. So why is this idiot playing chicken with them?

Expecting cars to cater to us is a ridiculous nonsense that will never happen in my lifetime.

The guy in the vid is a entitle idiot that think everyone should see him. You're on a freaking motorcycle "cars won't ever see you". Heck, even cars don't see other cars all the time and that is why accidents happen. Do you really want to fight with the 2ton metal with your 180lb flesh and 430lb scrap metal?

Last futzed with by supersport; June 12th, 2014 at 11:43 PM.
supersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2014, 05:17 PM   #18
EsrTek

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

Well at least you all get to see the **** cagers we deal with out here in Nashville...

That crap he is revving and passing people making gestures over happens all the time!!!
I personally expect it and ride accordingly, and haven't had that many incidents that got me upset.

That guy seems to be trying to make a point that they see him and realize their mistake (for the next time).
I know for fact that doesn't work here in Nashville...drivers around here are the only ones on the road at all times (at least they drive like that). They are oblivious to their faults and will only see reactions like that as 'another douchebag rider'

That vid made me miss my FZ6R kinda, but it's stock exhaust (which he has) just sounds wimpy!! Horn much better option on that bike!!
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2014, 05:27 PM   #19
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Short of vandalizing the car and braking the law, if the driver is mentally healthy, will end up going about their day as if nothing happened because that is what happened. Nothing.

Old June 11th, 2014, 05:37 PM   #20
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
Well at least you all get to see the **** cagers we deal with out here in Nashville...

That crap he is revving and passing people making gestures over happens all the time!!!
I personally expect it and ride accordingly, and haven't had that many incidents that got me upset.

That guy seems to be trying to make a point that they see him and realize their mistake (for the next time).
I know for fact that doesn't work here in Nashville...drivers around here are the only ones on the road at all times (at least they drive like that). They are oblivious to their faults and will only see reactions like that as 'another douchebag rider'

That vid made me miss my FZ6R kinda, but it's stock exhaust (which he has) just sounds wimpy!! Horn much better option on that bike!!
The cagers all behaved normally. Its like getting upset at the wind.

Some times it blows.

Old June 11th, 2014, 07:21 PM   #21
Redgeneral
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r (SOLD) - Black. 2011 ZX-6R Green/Black - 2001 Garbage Bag Green KLR650

Quote:
So what are you going to do? Ride up to them and give them a piece of your mind?

Or would you rather remove yourself from a dangerous position. Car vs Bike only ends one way.

You could talk, yell, scream, explain, draw diagrams all day, and you will not change a cager's driving habits. So why risk your own safety?
Redgeneral is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2014, 08:06 PM   #22
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersport View Post
The fact is, cars will occasionally just come out of nowhere. You can't stop that no matter what. There is a million more cars per one motorcycle. What are the chances of everyone of them driving spectacular and know the perspective of a motorcyclist?

You can either think they all need to conform the the motorcyclist. And if you do, how can all cars conform to the motorcyclist mentally? Or you can understand and accept that cars at 1.5 ton -3 tons will squash you like a fly on impact. So ride accordingly.

I'm not giving them a high 5, but am i really going to expect every car to see me? Or even better, drive perfectly in this perfect world we live in. Are you going to stop every bad driver for bull dropping and give them a good spanking? Your day will never end. Too many cars on the road and a lot of thm are just sleeping through life. And the ones that rant sleeping just suck at driving.

Yes they will continue to drive their cars like that all day but when and if they do hit someone they won't see red like us. So why is this idiot playing chicken with them?

Expecting cars to cater to us is a ridiculous nonsense that will never happen in my lifetime.

The guy in the vid is a entitle idiot that think everyone should see him. You're on a freaking motorcycle "cars won't ever see you". Heck, even cars don't see other cars all the time and that is why accidents happen. Do you really want to fight with the 2ton metal with your 180lb flesh and 430lb scap metal?
I would bet money the huge majority of every car in the 2 videos would act the same way if that rider was in a car lol. I'm not saying cars need to cater to us as motorcycles...what im saying is the stupid ****s inside them need to pay attention to their surroundings and the road in general. The second video is a flawless example...that person didnt even try to stop, they were far more worried about leaving the parking lot asap and who gives a **** whose already on the road (who by the way have the right away.) but she didnt see anyone so she doesnt have to stop for that stopsign. amirite

Doing nothing gives them a pass. If im on my phone and i do something stupid but im too pre occupied with my phone and nobody around me tries to stop/flag me down..guess what? Im going to continue to give 0 ****s about everything around me. you've said it yourself..theyre in a 1/3ton car...alllll more the reason to do something rather than chalk it up as "another dumb driver"

but ive seen someone burn to death right in front of me simply because some asshole thought his phone was more important and decided not to stop...so wtf do i know.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2014, 09:19 PM   #23
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

After watching the video in its entirety, I'd say it's a mixed bag, and the filmer is a bit of a whiner. There are a few close calls where the cager did merge or turn in too close for comfort, but there are other incidents where he's being something of a drama queen.

Middle finger? Bad form. Hey, at least here in Canada, if you give someone the finger all they can do is give it back and use harsh language. This is down in the States, where y'all carry handguns and such. Seems like a good way to make a situation go from zero to deadly in 60 seconds.

And WTF is with his pipping the throttle instead of using the horn?? Is his horn broken or something?

Old June 12th, 2014, 05:37 AM   #24
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

hella horns. best investment on a motorcycle ever. No special wiring like an air horn, but it certainly gets people's attention, and is a whole lot better than revving. The stock horn is quite pathetic.

The guy over reacted to every one of those incidents.
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2014, 08:50 AM   #25
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
The rider in the OPs video clearly doesn't have his priorities straight. Sure there were many people in the video that did the wrong thing. It doesn't matter. His frustration with them is clearly, severely effecting his ability to focus on his riding. His angry auto-pilot, responses to bad/dangerous driving is putting him in great danger.

He needs to assume ahead of time that the driver will do precisely the wrong thing. He needs to be prepared, present and aware so he can react appropriately to the potential dangers around him. I don't mean he (or anyone) should ride around tense and on edge; It's better to be calm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
"Presence is determined by a location in space. You have an address, you have a telephone number, you have a name, you have a size and a shape. These things, among others, determine your presence in the world around you. When it comes to riding, some riders have more presence than do others and you can see it. Call it telegraphing, call it anything you like, it is force-of-presence and is observable and it goes past the point of just occupying ones skin.

There is an outward bound force of some sort and it establishes the person who has it as something to be reckoned with, on a moment to moment basis. It is perhaps an attitude that results from being in good communication with your environment and that would make sense because those of us who are in good communication with their environment have more of a presence than those who do not." - Keith Code
That's a really beautiful quote. It rings true for me.

I'm not the most confident person, but on my bike I don't hold back. It's very clear in my mind that my life depends on my behaviour on my bike and as such everything else (including worries about what other people think of me) is low priority. As such I demand attention from other road users without hesitation. I weave my bike leading up to junctions with cars waiting, to grab their attention. I use my horn very pre-emptively if I think I don't have someone's attention. I position my bike in my lane so as to maximize the possibility of being seen and of being able to see dangers ahead of time.

I don't want to be a rider that blends in. The rules are different for bikers. I'm not in a cosy protective cage. My body is vulnerable and my environment is harsh. I unapologetically draw the attention of those around me and all my decision making is based on physics; not on what people should do, or what they will hopefully do and in some cases not even what I legally must do. Physics trumps all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersport View Post
I drove cars before I got my bike and during that bikeless period of time I had absolutely no idea what it was like for bikers and I didn't pay them much attention. Most of my attention revolved around road signs, traffic lights and other cages.

I don't expect many non-bikers are much different to how I was.

Quote:
but ive seen someone burn to death right in front of me simply because some asshole thought his phone was more important and decided not to stop...so wtf do i know.
That's both infuriating and incredibly sad.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote