Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Notices

Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:30 AM   #1
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

And now, for my next anger inducing thread

Why do parents think it's ok to change their baby's diaper in public? I pulled into a parking lot the other day and noticed some lady gently put her baby on the trunk of her car and started changing it's diaper. Come on now. There are restrooms with baby changing stations or the back seat of your car. Heck, I don't even want to see you opening your SUV's back door and doing it there.

Does it bother you to see women openly nurse their baby's in public? What about changing diapers? People these days have no sense of propriety. In the same parking lot, I saw another lady tell her son it was ok to pee right in the parking lot. So he unzipped and whizzed on someone's rear tire. What's wrong with these people?

I know I know, I doubt this subject will elicit the same angry responses as my other thread, but I thought I'd keep this one lighter .

Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:32 AM   #2
peachdiddy
Former ninjette rider

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
Why do parents think it's ok to change their baby's diaper in public? I pulled into a parking lot the other day and noticed some lady gently put her baby on the trunk of her car and started changing it's diaper. Come on now. There are restrooms with baby changing stations or the back seat of your car. Heck, I don't even want to see you opening your SUV's back door and doing it there.

Does it bother you to see women openly nurse their baby's in public? What about changing diapers? People these days have no sense of propriety. In the same parking lot, I saw another lady tell her son it was ok to pee right in the parking lot. So he unzipped and whizzed on someone's rear tire. What's wrong with these people?

I know I know, I doubt this subject will elicit the same angry responses as my other thread, but I thought I'd keep this one lighter .
I always change my kids' diapers in public, then ball it up like a football and wing it in the closest uncomfortable persons' direction

Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:33 AM   #3
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

I just finished taking a piss on your tires.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:41 AM   #4
Ninja Assassin
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 two-fiddy (red)

Well, when you enter into the lovely world of parenthood, return to this thread and see if your views change. I say this b/c 3 years ago i would have said the same thing, except worse. But after having my son i've realized its tough as hell and children have no concept of convenience. If the parent just drove an hour to get somewhere and the kid needs to be changed, go for it. If you don't like it don't look. But honestly a lot of bathrooms (especially for men) are not really the best place to change your kid, even if it has a changing table (which is rarely the case unless its a mall or something).

My son is 2 and in the process of potty training. getting him to pee in a toilet is like pulling teeth. But for some reason he enjoys peeing outside...and on things. I wouldn't let him pee on someones car. Thats pretty messed up. But i do let him go behind a tree and let loose.

The only thing that i can't tolerate is when people have a crying baby in a restraunt and they don't excuse themselves with the baby. Thats ignorant and i would kick you out of my establishment personally. You don't have to leave, just get up and step out real quick and calm the child down. I don't mean when a kid just cries for a second. I mean when they're just pitching a huge fit and screaming, etc. I see it happen allllll the time and it drives me nuts. But i've been there and i always stopped to remember how much it annoyed me. So i would grab up my son and we'd step outside or into the bathroom until he calmed down.

Not knocking you, thats just my experience and perception.
Ninja Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:42 AM   #5
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachdiddy View Post
I always change my kids' diapers in public, then ball it up like a football and wing it in the closest uncomfortable persons' direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost40 View Post
I just finished taking a piss on your tires.
Dammit Kevin. I specifically told you no tire shine!

Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:47 AM   #6
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Assassin View Post
Well, when you enter into the lovely world of parenthood, return to this thread and see if your views change. I say this b/c 3 years ago i would have said the same thing, except worse. But after having my son i've realized its tough as hell and children have no concept of convenience. If the parent just drove an hour to get somewhere and the kid needs to be changed, go for it. If you don't like it don't look. But honestly a lot of bathrooms (especially for men) are not really the best place to change your kid, even if it has a changing table (which is rarely the case unless its a mall or something).

My son is 2 and in the process of potty training. getting him to pee in a toilet is like pulling teeth. But for some reason he enjoys peeing outside...and on things. I wouldn't let him pee on someones car. Thats pretty messed up. But i do let him go behind a tree and let loose.

The only thing that i can't tolerate is when people have a crying baby in a restraunt and they don't excuse themselves with the baby. Thats ignorant and i would kick you out of my establishment personally. You don't have to leave, just get up and step out real quick and calm the child down. I don't mean when a kid just cries for a second. I mean when they're just pitching a huge fit and screaming, etc. I see it happen allllll the time and it drives me nuts. But i've been there and i always stopped to remember how much it annoyed me. So i would grab up my son and we'd step outside or into the bathroom until he calmed down.

Not knocking you, thats just my experience and perception.
LOL. I dunno. I used to have to change diapers all the time for my youngest siblings. There's a 10 year age gap between us. It's not a pleasant experience, but I don't see the need to share that experience with anyone else. If you just drove an hour and he/she needs changing, do it in the back seat. I see lots of parents use this method. It works quite well.

I'm not going to tell you how to potty train your kid. That's between you, him, and the tree

I agree on the screaming baby. It's understandable if they're new born, but I REALLY can't stand the toddlers who are pitching a fit and just screaming while their parents ignore them in the hopes they'll shut up.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:04 AM   #7
TeamGreen
ninjette.org member

Name: Keven

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250 Green, 00 R6

I can look away while the baby is being changed, but please put the used diaper in the trash. Grossses me out when people just leave them next to where they were parked.
TeamGreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:05 AM   #8
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I don't mind them changing their kids, I don't mind them breast feeding either. I hate when they leave the shytty diaper for someone else to pick up or get pissed when someone notices they are breast feeding and tells everyone in the area "Boob Alert".

Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:08 AM   #9
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Name: war

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ducati Panigale 899

I seriously never know where to look when I come across a lady with her boob out feeding her baby. As for changing babies in public, I don't know that I've ever come across that situation. Is it an issue where you are?
warlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:11 AM   #10
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

It happens from time to time. I live in a highly populated area.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:12 AM   #11
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
I don't mind them changing their kids, I don't mind them breast feeding either. I hate when they leave the shytty diaper for someone else to pick up or get pissed when someone notices they are breast feeding and tells everyone in the area "Boob Alert".

I feel like breast feeding and diaper changing should be a private matter. I went to run at the park with my gf the other day and there was some lady changing a child's diaper on a bench in the playground. I thought it odd that she would choose the most populated place to change the diaper. No one wants to run through the playground, trip and fall face first into a diaper full of baby poo.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:15 AM   #12
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

BTW, I think it's much more uncommon to find someone breast feeding in public. Just squirt the boob juice in a baby bottle and bring it with you on ice. problem solved.

I'd imagine it would be very awkward to see that; especially if your talking to them.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:17 AM   #13
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Actually, I've seen more women breast feeding in public than changing diapers.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:15 PM   #14
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord View Post
I seriously never know where to look when I come across a lady with her boob out feeding her baby.
At the nipples. Look directly at the nipples.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:19 PM   #15
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
Don't forget to lick your lips.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:30 PM   #16
setasai

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Quote:
Thank you for that. I think I died a little laughing. hahaha.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:33 PM   #17
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
Don't forget to lick your lips.
LOL. This is a trick, isn't it?

Old June 23rd, 2011, 01:43 PM   #18
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Well...licking your lips might land you some jail time. That's pervert behaviour.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 01:58 PM   #19
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Ok, breastfeeding mom here - you can not equate breastfeeding with changing a diaper. As for where to look, how about at whatever it is you're doing? Besides that, for most of us, if we are breastfeeding in public, you likely don't even know that's what we're doing, because we are usually pretty discrete about it. Just this past week, I fed my daughter all around Disney World when she was hungry, and actually had several people chat with me who didn't realize that she was eating.

Now, the diapers and screaming kids - I totally agree with you on those fronts

Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:09 PM   #20
Liquidtoon
ninjette.org member

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

I have a small child and the wife and I change his diapers in the car. It is not always easy to find somewhere with a changing table, and anymore there are the " restrooms for customers only" but I wouldn't consider the back seat "in-public" we are trying to be discrete. As for changing at the park, that is to much and a kid peeing on my tire would land the parent a serious ass chewing. Plus I have no problem if I see a person leave a diaper on the ground, picking it up and setting it on their car.

Breastfeeding takes another approach, I understand your child needs fed, BUT if you are to poor to afford a breast pump then you should have waited to have a child. There is no reason to make a scene because you feel it is your right to impose on everyone else. I know it is perfectly natural to breast feed, but it is also perfectly natural to have sex and I dont want that done publicly either.
Liquidtoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:18 PM   #21
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

I've got no problem with people changing diapers in public (provided they throw out the diaper or take it with them afterwards; I'd have an issue with them littering).

Ditto breastfeeding in public -- I have many friends who do it, and I plan on doing it someday. It's a total non-issue for me.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:19 PM   #22
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidtoon View Post
Breastfeeding takes another approach, I understand your child needs fed, BUT if you are to poor to afford a breast pump then you should have waited to have a child. There is no reason to make a scene because you feel it is your right to impose on everyone else. I know it is perfectly natural to breast feed, but it is also perfectly natural to have sex and I dont want that done publicly either.

Two comments - it's not about being too poor to buy a breast pump - you try using one and report back your findings... they are terrible, painful, and a pain in the a$$ to try and clean. I'm attached to one every day when I go to work, 4 times during the day. They don't maintain supply the way an infant feeding does, and they are not as efficient at removing milk, meaning that women are still uncomfortable many times after using one.

Secondly, there is nothing sexual about breastfeeding and the two should not be compared that way. Breastfeeding is using breasts the way they were designed to be used.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:26 PM   #23
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Having sex is a natural way to use the other organs you are given... he makes a good point.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:29 PM   #24
p4174w
nooblet

Name: P

Motorcycle(s): 1994 ex250

Public diaper changes: I have no problem with them as long as the parent cleans up

Public breastfeeding: kinda awkward, but it is a normal body function. I don’t mind it as long as it’s legal in the area and the woman tries to keep herself covered.

Yes, I am a parent. Yes, my views on both these subjects changed when I had a kid. Becoming a parent will do things like that to you
p4174w is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:30 PM   #25
p4174w
nooblet

Name: P

Motorcycle(s): 1994 ex250

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
Having sex is a natural way to use the other organs you are given... he makes a good point.
Having sex in public is illegal though, right? I'm sure public breastfeeding is illegal somewhere in the world, but I've never heard of any law where I live
p4174w is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:32 PM   #26
Liquidtoon
ninjette.org member

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

my wife never had problems with her pump and I generally cleaned it for her, most of it went in the dishwasher. I cant remember the the brand but she was really happy with it, when she gets home I ask if she remembers might be a better fit for you.

As far as comparing sex/breast feeding they are both using the parts the way they are designed and I wasn't saying breast feeding is sexual. I am saying while both things are natural and normal acts there is a time and place for them, which should be in private.
Liquidtoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 03:02 PM   #27
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepoof View Post
Ditto breastfeeding in public -- I have many friends who do it, and I plan on doing it someday. It's a total non-issue for me.
It's a non-issue unless you're working retail and some lady who's breastfeeding her kid comes up to you and asks you a question, then proceeds to hold a convo with you for the next five minutes. Where do you look then?

What I found out from that experience many, many years ago is that I can hold eye contact for a loooooooooong time without blinking...

Oh and I just finished my pediatric rotation, breastfeeding in public isn't illegal. Our American culture has a issue with it because breasts are taboo and usually only thought of as a sexual organ (here).

Old June 23rd, 2011, 03:10 PM   #28
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

After you die, after your kids die, after your grand kids die, after your great grad kids die, that diaper is still going to be around.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 03:10 PM   #29
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
What I found out from that experience many, many years ago is that I can hold eye contact for a loooooooooong time without blinking...
Eye contact with which part of their anatomy, though?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 03:18 PM   #30
Indy250r
ninjette.org member

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): 2011 KTM 990 ADV

I don't mind diaper changing, BUT I once saw some rocket surgeon change her kids diaper ON the grocery conveyor belt at WalMart (go figure).

Breast feeding. Free peek!
Indy250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 03:20 PM   #31
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
After you die, after your kids die, after your grand kids die, after your great grad kids die, that diaper is still going to be around.
Still full of poop?

Old June 23rd, 2011, 03:26 PM   #32
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

breast feeding lol :P has anyone seen me, myself, and irine? :S

Old June 23rd, 2011, 04:34 PM   #33
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
I seriously never know where to look when I come across a lady with her boob out feeding her baby.

I literally just LOLed!!!
And actually, even as a woman, I don't know the answer to that either.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 04:36 PM   #34
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Ok, twice in a row!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 04:39 PM   #35
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
This thread has not induced anger, it has induced laughter.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2011, 04:41 PM   #36
Snake

Quote:
They always point you in the right direction.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 04:50 PM   #37
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
the whole breast feeding in public thing is kinda a pet-peave of mine so whenever i see someone unprepared enough not to bring a blanket or something to cover up and feel comfortable enough to swing em out in public in front of a bunch of people, i be sure and sit down and take a nice long gander and make them feel as uncomfortable as possible. seriously though, you can't pump+pre-bottle it or at least bring a towel or blanket or something to cover that up? makes you wonder what would happen if you started video-taping it.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 05:26 PM   #38
Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
the whole breast feeding in public thing is kinda a pet-peave of mine so whenever i see someone unprepared enough not to bring a blanket or something to cover up and feel comfortable enough to swing em out in public in front of a bunch of people, i be sure and sit down and take a nice long gander and make them feel as uncomfortable as possible. seriously though, you can't pump+pre-bottle it or at least bring a towel or blanket or something to cover that up? makes you wonder what would happen if you started video-taping it.
If you started doing that they would think you were one of these:

Old June 24th, 2011, 05:26 AM   #39
LazinCajun
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anon

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 (Blue!)

A couple days ago I got out my car and nearly stepped on a dirty diaper sitting in the parking lot. Ewwwww
LazinCajun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2011, 06:13 AM   #40
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Still full of poop?
Only if you were wearing the diaper.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote