ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old June 11th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #1
jdv5074
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

Scorpion tornado or Dainese Air flux jacket?

Hey guys i was hoping i could get some opinions on which jacket i should get. Or suggestions on any other you might have in mind! If you have either one or have used both let me know what you think!

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...-textilejacket
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...tornado-jacket
jdv5074 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2012, 03:21 AM   #2
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Different jackets. The Dianese is a mesh jacket - very high quality. The Scorpion is straight textile, with zippered vents and a liner. If for summer, the Dainese will be a better choice. Quality will be better than Scorpion (nothing against Scorpion, but Dainese is top of the line), and value for the Air Flux is great. Also take a look at the Rev'It mesh gear as well - also super high quality. I own the Turbine, which I love and has crash protection that can't be beat in a summer jacket.

But if you are looking to own a single jacket that is very flexible, and need something for cooler weather also, go with the Scorpion. It won't vent nearly as well as the Dainese in summer, but will be more comfortable in wider range of temperatures, particularly with the liner in. So it will depend on what you are going for - 3 season riding or summer jacket.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2012, 07:32 AM   #3
jdv5074
ninjette.org member

Thanks gfloyd! Would you say the Dainese has better protection then the scorpion jacket? Or are they around the same?

Old June 15th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #4
Harr1s
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Harris

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r

I'm getting the Air-Flux for summer city riding. It's a mesh jacket... you give up some protection in order to gain some airflow.

Yeah, the Dainese is a motorcycle jacket but I really would not want an off-bike adventure in the Air-Flux, but in the Scorpion, which is composed of a greater-strength material through and through, I might have a little more faith.

I'm planning on using the Air-Flux primarily for riding in 90+ weather during daylight at city speeds.
Riding in the 80s, or at night (greater cooling effect from wind), or at highway speeds, I would certainly go for my un-perforated Dainese leather. The mesh is a tighter weave that Dainese employ on a lot of their textile/mesh jackets, but all the same is not as substantial as a regular textile.
Harr1s is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #5
jdv5074
ninjette.org member

Alright Thank you! I am leaning more towards the Dainese Shotgun for a little more protection. Im still undecided though.

Old June 16th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Harr1s
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Harris

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r

What sorts of speeds are you riding in most of the time?
Harr1s is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2012, 11:19 PM   #7
jdv5074
ninjette.org member

Around town and on the highway so it varies.

Old June 29th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #8
siryan
ninjette.org member

Name: siryan

Motorcycle(s): iron 883 ninja 250

I own that dainese air flow although it is light i dont feel undafe on it the armor looks high quality compared to my other jacket the elbow pads go all the way to my forearm it fits great. Only issue is you need to buy your own back protector.
siryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #9
jdv5074
ninjette.org member

I do a little bit of night riding on my way home from my gf house usually which would prob be around 65 - 70 degrees. How low of temps do you think it can handle?

Old June 29th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #10
siryan
ninjette.org member

Name: siryan

Motorcycle(s): iron 883 ninja 250

Well it doesn't come with liners so im pretty sure you will be cold in it as it does vent well but you can always use a thick hoody over it or get a liner under. It was made for very hot weather.
siryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #11
jdv5074
ninjette.org member

Yeah i think im gonna invest in something i can use a little longer throughout the year

Old July 1st, 2012, 10:56 AM   #12
SJTrance
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Sanjay

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ducati 900 Supersport

I have the Air Flux jacket and this thing flows a ton of air. However, I have several other jackets that will do for other temperatures. If this will be your main jacket, I agree with your decision to get a more versatile jacket. Look into the Dainese Avro Textile jacket. It should flow a good amount of air and it has a pretty good termal liner. It's not waterproof, however.
SJTrance is offline   Reply With Quote