ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old March 14th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #1
mike_sema
ninjette.org guru

Name: mike

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

lake Roosevelt was a great ride

Well me and a few buddies went for a rid today man the weather was great we went up to lake Roosevelt to the dam. the trip was 290 miles from my front door and back, so those of you from Tucson and haven't made this ride its pretty easy just take the 77 north till you get to globe hang a left on hwy 60 then a right at the 188 and your their we came down the 188 then made a left at the 60 to come home and took the 79 back in to Tucson. her is a few pics of the lake and the dame and one of me and my 250
Attached Images
File Type: jpg our beachy knook 026.jpg (92.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg our beachy knook 027.jpg (78.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg our beachy knook 029.jpg (115.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg our beachy knook 031.jpg (158.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg our beachy knook 032.jpg (114.9 KB, 17 views)

Old March 14th, 2009, 06:00 PM   #2
BlueJeepYJ
Lets go ride!

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 650

Awesome Pics! Thanks for sharing! I'm liking the blue ninjas!

Jeff
BlueJeepYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2009, 07:01 PM   #3
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_sema View Post
Well me and a few buddies went for a rid today man the weather was great we went up to lake Roosevelt to the dam. the trip was 290 miles from my front door and back. . . me and my 250
Thanks for sharing the great pictures. Who says the 250 too small for long distance riding.

Old March 14th, 2009, 07:03 PM   #4
mike_sema
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
Thanks for sharing the great pictures. Who says the 250 too small for long distance riding.
not me this is my second long trip the last was to go see a bike show that ride was 340 mile round trip

Old March 15th, 2009, 08:54 AM   #5
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tor

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r (*sold*), 2010 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
*giggles* These people that say the Ninja isn't good for long distances or the highway are flippin retarded, seriously. I hear/read about it all the time and all I can do is laugh. When I want to go home on the weekends, Friday night 200 miles from Abilene to Waco, the first 55 miles being on 1-20. Saturday I go riding with my dad, usually another 200 miles because we always have to put gas in the tanks before and after the trip. Sunday morning another ride, although maybe 100 miles this time. Sunday afternoon it's back to Abilene. 200 miles.

All in all, 700 miles at least in a weekend, with freeways. All pleasure riding too. By the time I get home Sunday night I still want to keep riding.

These little bikes are so cool.
GreezMunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 15th, 2009, 08:58 AM   #6
mike_sema
ninjette.org guru

hey GreezMunky i cant agree more i ride to work every day i can and its 30 miles one way on the freeway

Old March 15th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #7
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tor

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r (*sold*), 2010 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_sema View Post
hey GreezMunky i cant agree more i ride to work every day i can and its 30 miles one way on the freeway
I envy you. At my old job it was a 45 mile commute one way and I loved it...(before diesel prices shot through the roof and my truck was killing me - I would have killed to have my bike then). Now my job is only 5 minutes away and that's usually all I get to ride my bike during the week because I work so late.

So once again, I envy you. lol
GreezMunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2009, 07:45 AM   #8
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Wow sounds like a good time!!

As for the long distance thing... Well I know I have ridden 454 miles round trip in one day and another gent on here did 14 hr long ride... It can be done. Has been done. Will be done