ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old March 9th, 2015, 04:50 AM   #1
FBR_BDavis
ninjette.org member

Name: Butch

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Shorai LifePO4 LFX Battery

I recently ordered several items for the Ninjette, with one of those items being a new Shorai battery.. Unfortunately, I only did 95% of my homework, and the two guides that I found both reported the WRONG part number.. LFX09L2-BS12 is the WRONG part for my '09 Ninjette.. I needed LFX09A2-BS12.. D'oh!! I didn't realize until after I received the battery that the terminals were on the wrong sides of the battery.. LOL!!

With that out of the way, I will say that this is the lightest battery I've ever laid my hands on.. It's also astonishingly smaller than the stock battery, which at first glance might seem like an issue, but is rectified with the included packaging which doubles as padding to place around the battery for a snug fit.. I'm patiently awaiting for exchange information so I can get the correct version of the battery, and when that arrives, I'll post more info..
FBR_BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2015, 05:15 AM   #2
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Is there any particular reason why the extra space could not be used as storage? I'm thinking flat kit, fuses, etc. Stuff you don't need access to unless there's a real problem.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2015, 05:20 AM   #3
verboten1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '75 CB550:.'82 XV920:.'00 KLR650:.'00 EX250:.'08 Ninja 250

MOTM - June '15
Does that have the balancing circuit built in?

Ride more, worry less.
verboten1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2015, 06:16 AM   #4
FBR_BDavis
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Is there any particular reason why the extra space could not be used as storage? I'm thinking flat kit, fuses, etc. Stuff you don't need access to unless there's a real problem.
One COULD potentially use the extra space for storage for emergency items, but I'm not sure I'd want tools or such crammed in next to my battery.. First, you'd need tools to access the compartment, meaning you would have to have at least a screwdriver available in order to access that area.. The items you mentioned should fit in the rear seat storage area just fine and would be a lot easier to access.. Overall, I just don't think it's a very good idea, but that's only my opinion..

Old March 9th, 2015, 06:23 AM   #5
FBR_BDavis
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten1 View Post
Does that have the balancing circuit built in?
From what I've been able to decipher from reviews and other information available, yes.. I've also learned through various reviews and reports that it seems the Shorai only needs to be charged/balanced if you run the battery all the way down, which would only be an issue if you don't ride regularly or store the battery for extended periods of time..

Old March 9th, 2015, 07:16 AM   #6
FBR_BDavis
ninjette.org member

Speaking with BikeBandit on their LIVE CHAT as I type this.. Their website has the wrong battery listed for the Ninja 250Rs.. We need the A models, and they have the L models listed.. They are going to correct that on the site as soon as possible.. They're sending me a return label and will be ordering the correct battery for me..