ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old March 27th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #81
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
curse yourself or having chode as your username.

Old March 27th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #82
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
That's the thing. We know the speedo is about 8% hopeful on a pregen. We can correct for that. The trick is figuring out a fair error based on how far off the indicated readings from pregen a to pregen b to pregen c are.
I think there is too much variance between bikes to make a real general rule. All we can know for sure is that no ones speedo is correct

The only way to find out your true error is to use a GPS or other outside factor to judge your real speed.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #83
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Yeah i plan to attach a gps to the tank over Easter break and see what the difference is between indicated and actual, and then see how far those are from the numbers on the speed@rpm calculator on faq.ninja250.org If they're the same, I'll change the assumed error to ±0.25 seconds.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #84
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Why not just see what speed indicated = 60 with the GPS? Then just do 0-65 or w/e it ends up being
AFM #676

Old March 27th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #85
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
That's the plan but that still leaves the issue of how precise the speedo is, if you're going for super perfect results.

Old March 27th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #86
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
My speedo does not waver when I'm riding. I'm fairly certain its measurements are repeatable and accurate
AFM #676

Old March 27th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #87
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Want to cut these times in half? Get a 650

Skip to 1 minute 58 seconds

Link to original page on YouTube.

AFM #676

Old March 27th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #88
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
haha kinda helps that there's only one shift

Old March 27th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #89
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
As I understand it they are all repeatable but they have a varying percentage error. So once you know the error for your specific bike/install you will know the real vs indicated speed.
Yup, this is correct.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #90
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
haha kinda helps that there's only one shift
Yea and I totally forgot to do it clutchless haha. I should change the gearing a bit so I can 0-60 in first

Or maybe do the whole run in second
AFM #676

Old April 1st, 2012, 07:23 AM   #91
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

I will do the CBR. I just need to find a camera:| All I currently have in the camera department is my cell phone. Ideas?
etiainen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2012, 09:15 AM   #92
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
GoPro!! I'll admit, it's a little better than my Flip HD because it shoots 60 frames/second and has soooo many more mounting possibilities.

or you could just mount the cell phone on the bike I guess.

Old April 1st, 2012, 01:31 PM   #93
n4mwd

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by etiainen View Post
I will do the CBR. I just need to find a camera:| All I currently have in the camera department is my cell phone. Ideas?
I've used that clear packing tape before. Maybe you can make a little right angle framework out of cardboard and use the clear tape to secure it to the gas tank. Just make sure you remove it when you're done to prevent marring.

Old April 1st, 2012, 06:09 PM   #94
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Ok, I'll give it a try once I ride back from Georgia. Thanks

Old April 3rd, 2012, 11:56 AM   #95
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
SIDE NOTE: anyone know why the heck this video is blocked in some countries? I checked my youtube account, and there's the little symbol that means it's blocked in some countries. wth?? what did I do??

Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:02 PM   #96
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
idk. I took no ownership of the rights, I registered the song so that it shows up on the bottom right of the video box for purchase on Amazon like you're supposed to. idk?

Old April 3rd, 2012, 03:48 PM   #97
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Because of 'chode'

Old April 6th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #98
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Rode with the GPS today.

The CBR's speedo is dead on.

60MPH indicated is 60MPH.

The tach is not accurate according to gearing commander. I can live with that.

Old April 6th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #99
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
idk. I took no ownership of the rights, I registered the song so that it shows up on the bottom right of the video box for purchase on Amazon like you're supposed to. idk?
You've got it completely backwards. The alternative is not being allowed to post the video at all. Youtube, Amazon, and some content providers have an arrangement to allow it anyway within their jurisdiction as long as you have done what you've done, but you still used a copyrighted song that you have no right to and gave it away for free.

It's always funny to see the kids that think that all they have to do is say who owns it or created it. I don't know where they got that idea and yet I see them all over Youtube. "I did not make this!" as if that matters when they stole it and gave it away for free. The kid running that CronicTV site for Android and iOS with all the TV shows gets it even worse by attributing copyright to the network the show comes on. :P
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2012, 01:00 AM   #100
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
You've got it completely backwards. The alternative is not being allowed to post the video at all. Youtube, Amazon, and some content providers have an arrangement to allow it anyway within their jurisdiction as long as you have done what you've done, but you still used a copyrighted song that you have no right to and gave it away for free.

It's always funny to see the kids that think that all they have to do is say who owns it or created it. I don't know where they got that idea and yet I see them all over Youtube. "I did not make this!" as if that matters when they stole it and gave it away for free. The kid running that CronicTV site for Android and iOS with all the TV shows gets it even worse by attributing copyright to the network the show comes on. :P
This raises a more interesting point to me: that in our (UK + USA) legal systems, it's possible to commit a crime without realising. There is a growing disparity between the correlation between our shared moral code (largely natural law) and the current legal systems we live under. In the UK at least, new laws are created constantly and are written in a language that is incomprehensible to most people (legalese). It's unreasonable to expect people to keep up with and comprehend all the laws that they are subjected to.

Personally when I share and copy something without permission from the legal-copyright holder, I don't feel the slightest bit of guilt or in any way feel I have done something wrong. I imagine most these kids posting these videos on youtube feel the same, but furthermore they don't even know that the laws they live under forbid what they are doing. I personally don't blame those kids for their mistakes... if any legal action is taken against them, I would consider them victims of their legal systems.

Last futzed with by akima; April 7th, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2012, 06:04 AM   #101
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Black 2013 Ninja ZX6R ABS

I did a couple runs the other day with my new gauge. The 0-60 power test is a bid odd because while the speedo only updates every half a second or so, I think it still stops it on time. I tested this a bit with the "speeding" light. I also GPS'd my koso and the speedo is dead on.

Regardless, my fastest was 0-63 @ 6.24. No idea why it stopped it at 63 but even all my other runs were over 6.24.

I'll practice my launches a bit this weekend more as I know she can do better.
NathanUc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #102
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
There are many many many more examples of things like this and the kicker is that none of it is authorized per the constitution. Most people in the US do not even realize that the US is 50 member states in a union and that the union government is, per the constitution, less powerful than any individual member state. Because they do not know the government has taken power it does not rightfully have. We then get wonderful things like assassination lists, warrantless wiretaps, the TSA, and more.
I think that lots of people pretty much sleep-walk as their governments garner ever more power. If this pattern continues, it's not gonna end well! I wish you luck, over there in the states

Old April 7th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #103
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

So my brother and I set up the crappiest video mount ever. The glare for my first runs made it hard to see, but I managed to use iMovie and get some preliminary results(I really need a GoPro lol)

Fastest time was 7.6. That was with quite a launch. I also managed a 7.7. 8-8.5 was more typical. I did 8.3 a few times in a row. One crappy run clocked me at over 9.

So not super fast, but definitely not as slow as a Prius. Of the line, it does well, but over 45MPH things slow down a bit.

So, yes my old Ninjette was faster, but I am more than pleased with the results. Took a lot of runs though to get my times below 8. And only barely so.

It was nice having 60MPH indicated as 60MPH actual.

Old April 7th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #104
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
I think all too often people demand the government take more power then get upset when it does. They demand that the constitution be violated to get what the want then get upset when the same logic is used to violate the parts they like.

If people stop demanding the government do more for them maybe there will be less need for an all powerful government.
I think you're right. I personally like to take responsibility for myself and I consider myself an adult: for me, that means I don't go asking the government to play a daddy role and look after me. Instead I expect to have to solve my problems myself and support people around me too.

I would be more happy with my government if it was much smaller, more decentralised (so individuals feel more empowered) and less aggressive (so it didn't send people out to foreign countries to "help" other people with bombs or attack bad people who might attack us).

I guess though, it is what it is and there is still a lot of freedom left right now for us to enjoy. I kinda have the attitude that I should make the most of my time now as I don't expect it will be like this forever.

I'm not Christian, but I do like this:
Quote:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
I feel like it applies here. I must not get upset up about the bad things my government is doing that I can't change. I should instead focus on the things I can change.

Quote:
Good luck in your States, the EU is trying to convert its member states into a US style of government much more rapidly than it happened here. This financial crisis is just what they need to take the Lisbon accord to the next level.
Tell me about it! It's really nasty. The British Gov didn't even give the British people a vote on whether we wanted to fundamentally change the structure of our government when the Lisbon treaty was being considered. We even have an EU president-of-sorts now lol: Herman Van Rompuy

We're totally thread jacking right now lol (sorry toad-of-a-kind!). We should take this to pm or off-topic if you want to continue our pointless discussion

Old April 7th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #105
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

^ they apparently dont remember the 5th of November... Perhaps something like that needs to be done successfully to get them to wake up...
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #106
n4mwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by etiainen View Post
So, yes my old Ninjette was faster, but I am more than pleased with the results. Took a lot of runs though to get my times below 8. And only barely so.

It was nice having 60MPH indicated as 60MPH actual.
I have heard rumors of mods that can be done to the stock CBR250 to significantly improve its performance. Supposedly one guy made the mods to his CBR250 and actually beat out some Ninjas. Sounds kinda far fetched though. But if its true, it probably involves reprogramming the ECU somehow. I think he also changed his muffler too.

Old April 7th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #107
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I went to the drag strip today. I had a couple problems that where easy to sort out. But I did not get to do anything with the 0-60 challenge. My Koso dash was not reading properly. I was going 88mph and the gauge read 34. I replaced the magnets in the wheel and it is working now. My exhaust was a little restricted with the baffle I made. And I did not do any tuning.

But from looking at my time slip. 9.9seconds to go an 1/8 of a mile and I was going 71mph. The bike can do much better, But I figure for my first try. Maybe 0-60 in 9 seconds?
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #108
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Well besides the whole music-in-my-video issue, it looks like we're getting some interesting results here recently!! good to see the CBR guys chipping in their numbers as well! Keep 'em coming guys (and gals )

Old April 7th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #109
robmilchling
ninjette.org guru

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): '09 Triumph Daytona 675

I'll have to give this a go when I get a chance, perhaps tomorrow.
robmilchling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2012, 03:32 AM   #110
n4mwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
But from looking at my time slip. 9.9seconds to go an 1/8 of a mile and I was going 71mph. The bike can do much better, But I figure for my first try. Maybe 0-60 in 9 seconds?
I'm sure you will do better than 9 seconds for a 0-60 run. Time to set up the camera and go for it. That way you can know for sure.

Old April 8th, 2012, 04:36 AM   #111
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
I'm sure you will do better than 9 seconds for a 0-60 run. Time to set up the camera and go for it. That way you can know for sure.
I had a problem with the dash. Bad magnets in the new wheel. I fixed that with new ones. I think it can do much better. We will see
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:48 AM   #112
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btMh6...ailpage#t=526s

faster than jiggles.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:50 AM   #113
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Everything is faster than me right now
AFM #676

Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:32 PM   #114
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
I was swaying side to side in my seat while watching you take those turns Who was the guy you thanked? An instructor?

Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:37 PM   #115
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
his name is stu-man. he was an instructor at keith codes school for like 15 years or something. hes the NRS instructor but he also gave me some really great advice

Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:40 PM   #116
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
his name is stu-man. he was an instructor at keith codes school for like 15 years or something. hes the NRS instructor but he also gave me some really great advice
Any snippets of advice you can easily relay in text format for a curious forest dwelling creature?

Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:56 PM   #117
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
not really. be methodical. keep good track of your braking and turn in points. look further ahead. listen to what the bike tells you. it tells you a lot if you pay attention to it. i wont pretend i understand much of what it says, but listening and trying to understand helps.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 01:10 PM   #118
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
not really. be methodical. keep good track of your braking and turn in points. look further ahead. listen to what the bike tells you. it tells you a lot if you pay attention to it. i wont pretend i understand much of what it says, but listening and trying to understand helps.
Thanks. Seems like good advice to me. Can't wait to try out a track day.

I noticed you put your kick stand down at the end. I thought a lot of you regular track-day-goers sawed the stand off to ensure it doesn't ever scrape the ground.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 01:37 PM   #119
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
im not hardcore-parkour like some others

Old April 23rd, 2012, 01:40 PM   #120
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
So what was the time on that 0-60 run?
AFM #676