ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old May 17th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #1
realmess
ninjette.org member

Name: MIKE

Motorcycle(s): '09 ninja 250r

Talking getting back into shape

sup fellow ninjetters! so ive been wanting to get back into shape. im kinda just posting this just in case anyone is also doing some sort of workout program or following some sort of nutrition.
i will be updating this with my progress and pictures as well so beware of my gut

so about a month ago i switched my workout and eating habits and wow i feel much better. in the first 19 days i dropped 10 pounds! its now been about 3 weeks since and i havnt weighed myself mainly because im not too concerned with my body weight but with my overall health. my main goal is to lead a healthier lifestyle so im just trying to make good habits and break my bad ones. i will post my initial pictures and updated ones tomorrow as soon as i get them off my phone
realmess is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #2
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I mean technically you can get in shape by simply lifting weights. However, you may not have much endurance. So the big question is, what do you define as "getting back in shape"?

Just curious. Some concentrate on simply lifting weights. People like me don't mind lifting weights, but really don't like gyms that much. Just about all of my physical activity involves cycling, with some running and yoga on the side. Granted, I can't bench a huge number, but I can ride a bicycle for over 100 miles without thinking twice.

Of course, eating is a big part of it. I changed what I was eating over 6 months ago and I lost 20lbs. I could lose more, but I am quite happy with where I am at. Those 20lbs that I lost made a huge difference to me. I can wear my old 32" waist slacks again. Those have sat in the closet since my wife and I got married. hahaha

Regardless, good luck to you and keep at it!

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #3
realmess
ninjette.org member

to me getting back into shape would be overall improvement. i dont want to increase mass to the point where i look like ive been hitting the gym non stop. my main goal is to cut body fat/tone. currently im still working on the losing fat part. the workouts i do right now increase my endurance which i totally love. they also increase my strength but not as much as endurance. i am not overly obsessed with how much i weigh thats y a target weight isnt really on my list. i can already feel my improvements. clothes fits looser i can run more and i get less tired. more energy overall. the hard part was getting started but now that i have i feel like i can finally reach my goal of being fit

Old May 18th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #4
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

A lot like me. Weight isn't an issue, just as long as I feel good and I know my health is doing good.

Old May 18th, 2012, 05:54 AM   #5
CalvinAmI
ninjette.org member

Name: CalvinAmI

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r [RED] & '06 Ninja 250 [WHITE]

Round is a shape right?
CalvinAmI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #6
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Im fat. I need to lose weight in my belly region. I would like to lose it in my legs too but I have a hard time changing my eating habbits, and I over eat too much. Its so hard!
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #7
realmess
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinAmI View Post
Round is a shape right?
haha indeed it is lmao i guess thats not the worst shape your body can have

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
Im fat. I need to lose weight in my belly region. I would like to lose it in my legs too but I have a hard time changing my eating habbits, and I over eat too much. Its so hard!
haha same here man. eating habits are the hardest to break. i went from eating 3 times a day to now eating like 6-7 times a day. some of them are closer to snacks but i try to keep each meal balanced so that i dont have like a tiny meal then a huge meal.

Old May 18th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #8
realmess
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
A lot like me. Weight isn't an issue, just as long as I feel good and I know my health is doing good.
haha well im not saying weight isnt an issue but im trying not to focus on that number.
in your pic you seem to by cycling. do you compete?

Old May 18th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #9
CmichRider
ninjette.org member

Name: Jacob

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninja 250

I like to lift weights. I got a cheap membership to a gym in my town and I try to go regularly. Of course, since I'm still in the beginning stages, I can only go once a week and still progress. Plus you get instant-gratification from the post-workout pump.
CmichRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #10
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmess View Post
in your pic you seem to by cycling. do you compete?
I do mountain bike races. Unfortunately I am suffering due to my schedule change. I have zero time to MTB races anymore. It is a shame because I have a Gary Fisher HiFi 29-er sitting in my garage waiting to be used.

I plan on doing a lot more MTB training this summer. It is so much more fun than road riding.

My avatar is from my first MTB race.

Old May 18th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #11
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmess View Post

haha same here man. eating habits are the hardest to break. i went from eating 3 times a day to now eating like 6-7 times a day. some of them are closer to snacks but i try to keep each meal balanced so that i dont have like a tiny meal then a huge meal.
yeah I need to start doing that, but at my work we have three breaks so right now I eat about 4-5 times a day.I need to cut down on the ****, and the larger dinners...
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2012, 10:36 AM   #12
realmess
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
I do mountain bike races. Unfortunately I am suffering due to my schedule change. I have zero time to MTB races anymore. It is a shame because I have a Gary Fisher HiFi 29-er sitting in my garage waiting to be used.

I plan on doing a lot more MTB training this summer. It is so much more fun than road riding.

My avatar is from my first MTB race.
nice man! you should definitely jump back on it. for me i absolutely miss playing volleyball sadly its been like 2 years since i last played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
yeah I need to start doing that, but at my work we have three breaks so right now I eat about 4-5 times a day.I need to cut down on the ****, and the larger dinners...
thats good man. babysteps. i had to take it a little slow because i didnt want to think it was too hard and just give up.

Old May 21st, 2012, 10:39 AM   #13
realmess
ninjette.org member

so yesterday i had to do my fit test for my workout program and god damn was that thing hard. its workout in it of itself. and then to top it off we had another complete 1 hour workout. definitely had an ass whooping yesterday. my heart rate monitor said i burned 830 calories! time to monitor my nutrition a little more closely.

Old May 31st, 2012, 11:40 PM   #14
realmess
ninjette.org member

little update with pics

here is some of my progress that ive made. its amazing how much progress ive made. hopefully by the end of the summer or even november (my bday month) i reach my goal of single digit body fat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg balance push up.jpg (261.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg crane.jpg (236.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg side push up.jpg (249.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg one hand pushups .jpg (252.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 540281_3757070119095_289936750_n.jpg (65.0 KB, 9 views)