ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 4th, 2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

MotoGP at Laguna Seca 2009

I'm having a great time this weekend down in Monterey. This is the first year we're taking the little monster, so we are driving down each day and coming home each night. He was OK for much of the day yesterday, but got a little cranky in the afternoon. Today we were able to get into the hospitality area (it's not open on Friday), which meant we were able to bring his pack-n-play (sorta like a portable baby jail ), and he was happy and comfortable all day. Qualifying this afternoon was pretty wild. Top 3 are no surprise, with Lorenzo, Rossi, and Stoner. But Lorenzo crashed twice, the second one a nasty highside which broke his shoulder and a toe, and bruised him up pretty good. And just a moment later Stoner highsided as well. He escaped major injury, but he pulled some muscles and he's already dealing with some time of flu so he's feeling quite crappy. Hopefully the two of them are healthy enough to give Valentino a run for his money tomorrow so the race is interesting. We took a bunch of pictures yesterday, not so many today.

Here's a link to a gallery with all of our pics, but I'll post up a few of my favorites so far...

James Toseland:

Colin Edwards:

Marco Melandri:

Larry Pegram's 1098R's (AMA Superbike):

The little monster hitching a ride:

The start of the first race of the weekend, the AMA Supersport class (600cc's, young riders):

All of the big races are tomorrow; MotoGP at 2, Daytona Sportbike at 4ish, American Superbike at 5:30ish. We'll be there!

Here's another link to that same gallery.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #2
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

Nice pictures, hopefully its going to be a close race like the last.

Whats that massive black truck?

And, GO STONER!!!!!!!!!

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

It's a promo/marketing truck for Oakley sunglasses. I wouldn't have too much faith in Stoner for tomorrow. He looked like death after he got off the bike in the morning warmup, and then highsided himself pretty convincingly in qualifying, banging up someone who already wasn't feeling great. I think he'll be fast for the first few laps, but soon enough he'll back off to finish somewhere in the top 5 but not in contention for the win. I hope he surprises me though, as the best thing to root for is a close and exciting race, right?

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old July 4th, 2009, 09:53 PM   #4
Chamus57
ninjette.org member

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250r se

Just watched the replay of qualifying. Got a lil crazy towards the end. The pic's are awesome. I do hope Stoner is ok, he did look bad. I guess Lorenzo will race even though his second spill looked worse than the first. Will be watching tomorrow. Wish i could be there.
Chamus57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2009, 10:33 PM   #5
ironglory
ninjette.org member

Name: Mhilz

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZZR600 Midnight Blue

just glimpsed a few rounds. t'was great. gotta get the fire outside going & had a few people. its great with the fire works in the background & the kids had a blast with our own mini fireworks.

hope everybody's 4th of july was a blast!!!

Old July 4th, 2009, 11:27 PM   #6
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
It's a promo/marketing truck for Oakley sunglasses. I wouldn't have too much faith in Stoner for tomorrow. He looked like death after he got off the bike in the morning warmup, and then highsided himself pretty convincingly in qualifying, banging up someone who already wasn't feeling great. I think he'll be fast for the first few laps, but soon enough he'll back off to finish somewhere in the top 5 but not in contention for the win. I hope he surprises me though, as the best thing to root for is a close and exciting race, right?
Most definately, an exciting race is what keeps the spectators coming back and people watching it on TV. Also, good luck to Melandri, hope he and his bike have a good race.

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2009, 04:17 AM   #7
CodE-E
Ninja Newbie

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): EX250K9

Is Lorenzo's shoulder merely hurt, or really broken?
CodE-E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2009, 06:08 AM   #8
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

Where are the umbrella girls damnit!!!!
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #9
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

watched qualifying last night - WOW.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 5th, 2009, 09:22 AM   #10
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodE-E View Post
Is Lorenzo's shoulder merely hurt, or really broken?
Unclear. Some reports said separated shoulder, some said broken collarbone, others said bruised shoulder. We should find out more today; the morning warmup is coming up soon...