ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed > Track Organizations

Notices

Old November 28th, 2014, 01:15 PM   #1
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
The Mid-Ohio School

Don't let the "school" in the name fool you too much. If you wanna go fast, you're set by buying a spot here. The I and A groups are serious business. Their track day is run like a well oiled machine, because they have been running their own track days for so long. No matter what comes up, they have seen it before and know what to do. If you're not a novice, the twilights are 1000% awesome, sooooooo much track time for cheaper, but the sessions are .5 hour each so bring your endurance with ya.

The novice group is a "formal" school with classroom sessions after each session, without option. You will be placed in a small group with a coach that will attended to your every need. I aint saying you will personally agree with every coach, but deep down... they do what they can to ensure you go home safe and had a great day.

Honestly, the safety staff is above reproach. Car or bike, they got dis and already know what to do and with complete onsight medical and helicopter facilities so you're more than covered.

Special Notes:
Mike (lead instructor) will do whatever it takes to ensure your day is a good one. Even if that means pulling you off track to work a specific skill. You also just might get me there as a coach . Camping at the track is free, but kinda noisy even into the late hours but not always.

Oh, they will feed ya lunch for free and offer free refreshments throughout the day.

Last futzed with by csmith12; November 28th, 2014 at 03:24 PM.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2014, 03:05 PM   #2
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
+1 I love the Mid-O school.
The food is sooooo good!
snot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2014, 03:27 PM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

The semi sweet salad with dates in it is da bomb!!!!!!
Old January 19th, 2015, 09:28 PM   #4
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

Mid Ohio is on my "must" list for this year. It looks soooo good!

Is the school mandatory for riders new to that particular track? Is it already a part of the normal track day? I read the website a bunch, but just wasn't sure how the school was setup.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that 250s were allowed in the advanced group. That would be cool. Every org that I ride with doesn't allow that because of closing speed on the straights. Says it's dangerous, which I get. I probably would run intermediate and then try to bump after a few days of getting used to track.
gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2015, 09:48 PM   #5
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

The school is mandatory for the Novice group. I and A groups are pretty much like any other track day except the coaches are above the average cut. There are a few than are REALLY, REALLY good at their job.

For the N school;
You are looking at 7, 20 min. sessions. 5 of those sessions will be working on drills, separated by classroom time and then a 20 min. break before going back out. It's a semi-formal setup and normally works out quite well. The other 2 sessions have some passing rules, but are an open format where you can work your craft as you see fit and ask open questions. It's a busy day, come fully rested, ready to ride and with a mindset of working on skillz.

I and A groups are exempt from the classroom time, but they do have more advanced training on certain dates to work more advanced skills. Please call to confirm these dates, and they normally come at an additional cost.

A rider can ride a 250 in the A group if they are not causing a safety concern. The track staff and track management are all over this... all day. If your not fast enough, you WILL get bumped down to I to address cornering/closing concerns. It's nothing personal, Mid-O is serious business! Depending on the day and mix of riders present, the lap times in A are approaching AMA race times. The A group is NO JOKE here. And... twilight's (3pm - dark w/ no N group, I and A mixed) are no place for 250's. Just don't do it.... 165+mph on the back straight in the brake zone with a 250 in your path is straight up sketchy with a I rider in the saddle, been there... done that. Safety above all!

Lemme know if you have any more questions or need more details, I got sooooooo many track days here.
Old January 19th, 2015, 10:10 PM   #6
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

More details,

You are not required to sign up for N group your first time there. My first 20 dates there I rode I and A. It wasn't until recently, I rode the N group.

On a stock 250, your gunna bottom out the stock forks with super hard braking for turn 7 and turn 1. If your fast, your gonna get some frame flex on a few other corners.

Do NOT charge corners at this track. The keyhole and carousel are tricky corners and will not reward you by charging them. If a rider runs off turn 7 at pace, expect to catch some air on the way to china beach. On 600cc+, turn 10a is a short shift corner and turn 11 is pinned but your front will get light. If you're ever in doubt, short shift! The blind crests on this track are crazy fun but take some time to work out the lines.
Old January 27th, 2015, 12:37 AM   #7
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoKawi View Post
Mid Ohio is on my "must" list for this year. It looks soooo good!
Ride in July, there'll be a thread at some point for it and I'll be there as well as chris and possibly other chris (chone) as well as a few others