ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Notices

Old August 19th, 2016, 06:52 PM   #1
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Tootling around the 'hood at redline!

Going uphill near where the earth curves!
(Near Whistler, BC (Vancouver backyard))
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (145.2 KB, 6 views)
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

Old August 19th, 2016, 07:21 PM   #2
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Wow, riding is very nice out here in the NC Countryside, but that's a whole different level of "nice".
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old August 19th, 2016, 08:12 PM   #3
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Thumbs up

Old August 19th, 2016, 09:31 PM   #4
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Agreed, It looks beautiful there, the PNW is one of the places I could see myself moving to one day and that's part of the reason

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old August 19th, 2016, 09:50 PM   #5
BDfromBC
ninjette.org member

Name: Brandon

Motorcycle(s): EX250-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
Going uphill near where the earth curves!
(Near Whistler, BC (Vancouver backyard))
Are you on Facebook? There's a group Vancouver Motorcyclists they do group rides almost every day up to Squamish for coffee and back things like that... Don't know if you're interested in meeting some new riders... A few squids but what group doesn't :P
BDfromBC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2016, 11:07 PM   #6
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDfromBC View Post
Are you on Facebook? There's a group Vancouver Motorcyclists they do group rides almost every day up to Squamish for coffee and back things like that... Don't know if you're interested in meeting some new riders... A few squids but what group doesn't :P
There's a few groups, Brandon: sportbike, cruisers etc. The most popular night is on Monday evening. I was one of the sweepers for a few years helping riders if they were having mechanicals, needed a guiding hand or just to keep them company if they were traveling at the pace they should be!
The picture I submitted is about 2 hours from Vancouver and well past Squamish. It is part of a fantastic 6-10 hour loop (one of several) that is "in the right place at the right time". Fantastic, breathtaking scenery and technical routes that don't have to be ridden at twice the posted to give you all the sane challenges you will ever need. I rode it yesterday and today. Both days were the hottest this year! Absolutely bucket list days and rides!
Now however; it's bedtime! Lol!

As for Facebook; no. I deleted my account about a year or two ago. There are social things I miss but I found it to be a huge time waster! Not like ninjette of course!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over

Old August 19th, 2016, 11:11 PM   #7
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
Agreed, It looks beautiful there, the PNW is one of the places I could see myself moving to one day and that's part of the reason
You soon become an expert in the rain!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old August 19th, 2016, 11:57 PM   #8
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
We actually get a good amount of rain over here as well. If I currently had a street bike I would have ridden through some pretty rough storms for the last 5 days in a row

That said it's not as consistent as the rainfall there so I'd get even better at rain racing/riding

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old August 20th, 2016, 03:54 AM   #9
BDfromBC
ninjette.org member

Name: Brandon

Motorcycle(s): EX250-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
There's a few groups, Brandon: sportbike, cruisers etc. The most popular night is on Monday evening. I was one of the sweepers for a few years helping riders if they were having mechanicals, needed a guiding hand or just to keep them company if they were traveling at the pace they should be!
The picture I submitted is about 2 hours from Vancouver and well past Squamish. It is part of a fantastic 6-10 hour loop (one of several) that is "in the right place at the right time". Fantastic, breathtaking scenery and technical routes that don't have to be ridden at twice the posted to give you all the sane challenges you will ever need. I rode it yesterday and today. Both days were the hottest this year! Absolutely bucket list days and rides!
Now however; it's bedtime! Lol!

As for Facebook; no. I deleted my account about a year or two ago. There are social things I miss but I found it to be a huge time waster! Not like ninjette of course!
I know all about the roads from chiliwack to Lillooet ! I'm Squamish born and raised I just move to the Okanagan last summer! If you ever want to enjoy the Okanagan scenery let me know! They don't call it "beautiful British Columbia" for no reason, it truly is amazing here!
BDfromBC is offline   Reply With Quote