ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old June 18th, 2018, 12:10 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Former 500cc Champ Alex Crivillé Gives His Thoughts On The Energic

Alex Crivillé got to ride once again in front of a grand prix crowd, this time aboard the Energica Ego Corsa – the machine that will fill the grid for the inaugural MotoE championship set to debut in 2019. Read on to see his thoughts.

Begin press release:

The*Energica Ego Corsa*has shown itself in front of the passionate MotoGP crowd last Sunday in the demo lap of the Catalunya Grand Prix, to give its contribution to what was another incredible day of motorcycle racing.*Alex Crivillé*rode the track-ready superbike machine by Energica around the spectacular 4.6km (2.88 mile)*Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya*in front of a horde of fans who welcomed back with open arms the two-time world champion and local hero. At the end of the lap, Crivillé had words of praise for the Ego Corsa.

“I’m happy with this experience aboard the Energica Ego Corsa at Montmeló”*said*Alex Crivillé.*“The riding is smooth and the feeling very good, and the feedback with the throttle connection is great. This is still an in-development prototype and I’m sure the bike will be very competitive soon. The bike feels light while changing direction, it’s easy to ride and has good mid-corner grip. I’m sure we will see some close racing next year!”

The Catalunya Grand Prix also hosted another series of tests for the 2019*MotoE*prototype, with two machines taken to the track by Energica’s test rider*Alessandro Brannetti*and by*Loris Capirossi, who completed a good number of laps*on Thursday*and*Friday.

“We have done a couple of sessions between*Thursday*and*Friday*and it was interesting to cross-check the feedback from both Alessandro and Loris,”*says*Energica CTO Giampiero Testoni.*“We got some very useful data, which will be extremely important for the continuation of the development. The new fairing gave us very interesting results so we look forward to trying it again soon. Overall, we are happy with how things are proceeding at the moment.”

Former 500cc Champ Alex Crivillé Gives His Thoughts On The Energica Ego Corsa appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...