Notices

Old February 20th, 2015, 06:35 AM   #801
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): '14 Honda NC700X; '14 Honda CRF250L; '07 Lifan 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipper' View Post
Since your always leading you need to mount the camera facing rearwards.
Found a good deal on a GoPro so now I can mount one camera backwards and one forwards! Hahahahaha!

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!
vman1313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2015, 01:38 PM   #802
deth188
ninjette.org member

Name: Coleman

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Too bad its supposed to be raining tommorrow
deth188 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2015, 03:04 PM   #803
CoriusFoxus
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Cory

Motorcycle(s): Honda CB 300F

I'm out too. Gotta look as houses this Saturday.

Hope the weather changes for the better.
CoriusFoxus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2015, 04:00 PM   #804
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

::NORTH GA RIDERS 2015 RIDING & EVENT DATES::

JAN 31 - KICKOFF RIDE / LAKE LANIER LOOP (7 attended)
FEB 21 - SOUTH OF THE ATL (canceled due to weather)
MAR 21 - (specifics & details coming soon)
APR 18 - (specifics & details coming soon)
APR 25-26 - DEMO DAYS - Lawrenceville Mountain Motorsports
MAY 16 - (specifics & details coming soon)
JUNE 20 (specifics & details coming soon)
JULY 18 - (specifics & details coming soon)
AUG 15 - (specifics & details coming soon)
SEPT 19 - (specifics & details coming soon)
OCT 17 - (specifics & details coming soon)
NOV 21 - (specifics & details coming soon)
DEC 19 - (specifics & details coming soon)
@vman1313 @BlueJeepYJ @ally99 @Sipper' @LiquidShell @deth188 @Yarhj @CoriusFoxus @fleemos

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!

Old February 24th, 2015, 09:52 PM   #805
fleemos
ninjette.org guru

Name: Darren

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Yamaha FZ6R, 2014 Suzuki GSX-R600

I thought I would offer this up here first since it would be an easy transaction. I found two KN-401 oil filters I would sell to someone on our next group ride if needed for $10.
fleemos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2015, 06:09 AM   #806
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
What's everyone thinking about the route for March 21? Any ideas?

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2015, 09:16 AM   #807
BlueJeepYJ
Lets go ride!

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 650

Hey everyone,

I have wanted a motorcycle for as long as I can remember and when I hung up my career as a pilot back in 2010/11 and moved back to Georgia I knew it was my chance. I had been registered on Ninjette since 2009 and appreciated the conservative and safety minded attitude that defines this forum and had my sights on the ninjette being my first bike. After a msf course and a sweet craigslist deal I was finally a proud ninjette owner. I knew that I would love riding a bike, cruising the mountains, the incredible roads, scowling the internet about how to work on motorcycles and all of the fun accessories, but I honestly did not realize that the most enjoyable aspect of being a motorcyclist is the community and fellowship. It amazes me that this incredible internet thing and this forum are able to bring people together with a common interest and forge lasting friendships. I have had the chance to meet a variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds but all brought together by not so much a precision collection of metal, plastic and rubber but a love of exploring and enjoying together this amazing little slice of our planet.

I had fought with myself for years back and forth with regards to if riding a motorcycle could be safe enough and if as a rider you could control enough of the risk. After about 10000 miles over the last 3 years I have come to the conclusion.... sort of.

I have been driving the cage a lot more around Atlanta over the last year and the number of times that I have seen other drivers do just incredibly stupid things was shocking. Not just distracted or aggressive driving but people just flat out driving like flipping idiots. So it has been on my heart over the last year to reevaluate if riding is worth the risk. Some good news though! My wife is pregnant! Yay!... but then that picture of Samer holding his baby pretty much broke my heart and sealed the deal. The bike has got to go.

It has been a tough decision to make but is one that I have to do.

It has been awesome getting to know everyone and I have made some incredible friends and it's not the memories of the bike that I hold so close but of the awesome times we had.

Ride safe my brothers and sisters!

Jeff

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10390100_335562123298941_4280631399850317587_n.jpg (42.9 KB, 206 views)

Old March 2nd, 2015, 11:30 AM   #808
Yarhj
ninjette.org member

Name: Will

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 (2001)

Congratulations on the upcoming arrival! I totally get where you're coming from -- Atlanta has the worst drivers I've seen in the US (so far). We'll miss you on the rides, but hopefully we'll still see you at some of the meet ups!

For instance, this summer we should endeavor to find the best barbecue in North GA...
Yarhj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2015, 03:51 PM   #809
ally99
Ninja chick

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJeepYJ View Post
Hey everyone,

I have wanted a motorcycle for as long as I can remember and when I hung up my career as a pilot back in 2010/11 and moved back to Georgia I knew it was my chance. I had been registered on Ninjette since 2009 and appreciated the conservative and safety minded attitude that defines this forum and had my sights on the ninjette being my first bike. After a msf course and a sweet craigslist deal I was finally a proud ninjette owner. I knew that I would love riding a bike, cruising the mountains, the incredible roads, scowling the internet about how to work on motorcycles and all of the fun accessories, but I honestly did not realize that the most enjoyable aspect of being a motorcyclist is the community and fellowship. It amazes me that this incredible internet thing and this forum are able to bring people together with a common interest and forge lasting friendships. I have had the chance to meet a variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds but all brought together by not so much a precision collection of metal, plastic and rubber but a love of exploring and enjoying together this amazing little slice of our planet.

I had fought with myself for years back and forth with regards to if riding a motorcycle could be safe enough and if as a rider you could control enough of the risk. After about 10000 miles over the last 3 years I have come to the conclusion.... sort of.

I have been driving the cage a lot more around Atlanta over the last year and the number of times that I have seen other drivers do just incredibly stupid things was shocking. Not just distracted or aggressive driving but people just flat out driving like flipping idiots. So it has been on my heart over the last year to reevaluate if riding is worth the risk. Some good news though! My wife is pregnant! Yay!... but then that picture of Samer holding his baby pretty much broke my heart and sealed the deal. The bike has got to go.

It has been awesome getting to know everyone and I have made some incredible friends and it's not the memories of the bike that I hold so close but of the awesome times we had.

Jeff

Boo for us! Our loss for sure. We'll miss you, Jeff. Congrats on the new little human in your future!

Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:16 AM   #810
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Hey everyone,

Jeff

BitterSweet My Brother......BitterSweet!!! Congrats on the baby....so sad about riding BUT I am kidnapping you to come dual sporting/off-roading with me. Rode yesterday and I passed 2 cars in 3 hours. Cant beat that!!! I will get to fixing my little Lifan ASAP so you can come out and ride with me!!! This is not GOODBYE...this is HELLO DIRT RIDING with Vman...HAHAHAHA!

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!

Old March 7th, 2015, 08:20 PM   #811
FreeThinker
ninjette.org member

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 SE

Talking

Hello,

New to the fourm. Looking for other riders in the area.
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2015, 07:53 AM   #812
Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

I figured this is the thread to ask:

What are the best arounds around west NC, East TN. Me and a group are going there for a long weekend in May sometime, we are hitti9ng the obvious Dragon, but figured theres a bunch more gems around to hit. Thanks
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2015, 07:57 AM   #813
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
Hello,

New to the fourm. Looking for other riders in the area.

WELCOME!!! ((Stay Tuned for Rides))

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!

Old March 9th, 2015, 08:04 AM   #814
EsrTek
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigballsofpaint View Post

What are the best arounds around west NC, East TN. Me and a group are going there for a long weekend in May sometime, we are hitti9ng the obvious Dragon, but figured theres a bunch more gems around to hit. Thanks
Cherohala Skyway (TN Rt 165)
Rt 28 From dragon resort to RT 74 - 74 West back to 129 (right (or north)) back to dragon. (this is a must hit awesome route..74 will make you want to do 80 whole time (hardly any cops).

If coming from NC side of 40...you MUST hit Rt 32 (exit 451 on Interstate 40)
You can then take Rt 321 all way to dragon pretty much.

Visit my new MotoVlog Channel !!
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2015, 08:49 AM   #815
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Quote:

These are my top roads:
1. The Cherohala = to me is a MUST do if you are in the area.
2. The Dragon = more because of its reputation
3. Moonshiners 28 = very scenic
4. Hwy 68 = from GA to Tellico Plains is very nice too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 120mileLoop.jpg (218.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg GSM_2011.jpg (71.5 KB, 4 views)

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!

Old March 9th, 2015, 05:18 PM   #816
ally99
Ninja chick

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
Cherohala Skyway (TN Rt 165)
Rt 28 From dragon resort to RT 74 - 74 West back to 129 (right (or north)) back to dragon. (this is a must hit awesome route..74 will make you want to do 80 whole time (hardly any cops).

If coming from NC side of 40...you MUST hit Rt 32 (exit 451 on Interstate 40)
You can then take Rt 321 all way to dragon pretty much.
Hwy 28 is beautiful, a rock wall on one side of the street, nice n' close to the road with a river spring on the other side.
The Cherohala Skyway is along the ridge of a mountain and was built for no other reason than to be a beautiful road. It's not used as a connector to anything...just as a scenic road. http://www.cherohala.com/

I'll add the BRP (Blue Ridge Parkway) to the list. From Cherokee, NC to Asheville,NC is full of gorgeous views and predictably twisty roads.

Old March 14th, 2015, 08:21 PM   #817
mangajulio
ninjette.org member

Name: Julio

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Hey everyone,

Jeff

Congratulations for u baby, I know we will miss u here.
mangajulio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2015, 08:22 PM   #818
mangajulio
ninjette.org member

Name: Julio

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Any plans for March 21? For some reason I don't get any responses from the forum. Hope I can meet with u guys soon
mangajulio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 15th, 2015, 08:35 AM   #819
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Anyone interested in riding up to the mountains on Tuesday?
GearMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2015, 08:11 AM   #820
LiquidShell
ninjette.org member

Name: Shell

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 -

@mangajulio

There is a ride planned for Sat. if you don't get the email notice just check back in a couple days vman1313 will post details soon. They are usually announced at least a day before the ride.

Old March 17th, 2015, 10:31 AM   #821
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

@deth188 - Hey Bro! Whats your plans for Saturday?

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!

Old March 17th, 2015, 11:03 AM   #822
deth188
ninjette.org member

I'm assuming that we're doing the same route that we planned for last month? I'm in either way.

Old March 19th, 2015, 03:13 PM   #823
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

I took a ride up to the mountains this past weekend. Road conditions were fantastic, just a few corners with a touch of gravel/sand, TONS of cops out though.

Old March 19th, 2015, 06:14 PM   #824
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Looks like some of the guys are off to do a track day and something has come up for me. Hopefully the rest of you guys can get together and ride. All of you enjoy what looks to be a beautiful Saturday...Yall be safe!!!

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!

Old March 19th, 2015, 07:06 PM   #825
FreeThinker
ninjette.org member

I'm free Saturday if anyone wants to meet up.

Old March 20th, 2015, 11:49 AM   #826
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman1313 View Post
Thanks deth188 for the route and the details::::

*NORTH GA RIDERS 2015 ~ SOUTH OF THE ATL LOOP*

When:
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 21, 2015

Where:
Chick-fil-A in Peachtree City
Kedron Village, 1100 North Peachtree Parkway Peachtree City, GA

Agenda:
10:00AM = MEET & GREET
11:00PM = Kickstands Up

Ok, I have a tendency to plan too much of a ride in one day, but this shouldn't be too bad. If so I can cut it in half pretty easily. This is going to be more of a scenic ride, than a twisty ride just by the nature of the roads down this way.

Map of Route

::NORTH GA RIDERS 2015 RIDING & EVENT DATES::
JAN 31 - KICKOFF RIDE / LAKE LANIER LOOP (7 attended)
FEB 21 - SOUTH of the ATL LOOP
MAR 21 - (specifics & details coming soon)
APR 18 - (specifics & details coming soon)
APR 25-26 - DEMO DAYS - Lawrenceville Mountain Motorsports
MAY 16 - (specifics & details coming soon)
JUNE 20 (specifics & details coming soon)
JULY 18 - (specifics & details coming soon)
AUG 15 - (specifics & details coming soon)
SEPT 19 - (specifics & details coming soon)
OCT 17 - (specifics & details coming soon)
NOV 21 - (specifics & details coming soon)
DEC 19 - (specifics & details coming soon)
@vman1313 @BlueJeepYJ @ally99 @Sipper' @LiquidShell @deth188 @Yarhj @CoriusFoxus @fleemos
Everyone cool with this plan since it was rained out last month?
@deth188 , @vman1313 , @ally99 , @LiquidShell , @CoriusFoxus , @Sipper' , @FreeThinker , @mangajulio , @Yarhj and @BlueJeepYJ if you haven't sold the bike yet

Old March 20th, 2015, 03:54 PM   #827
FreeThinker
ninjette.org member

Sounds good to me. I'm in.

Old March 20th, 2015, 04:17 PM   #828
BlueJeepYJ
Lets go ride!

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 650

Hey guys,

She is gone, for the first time ever, someone else rode my bike. It sucked! But had to be done...

It was pretty quick, posted on craigslist and within a couple days had a buyer.

Yall be safe out there!

Jeff

Old March 20th, 2015, 05:22 PM   #829
deth188
ninjette.org member

I'll be there

Old March 20th, 2015, 07:21 PM   #830
Sipper'
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

Shell and I will drag knee for you guys/gals tomorrow!
Sipper' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2015, 08:11 AM   #831
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Sorry I missed you guys. Traffic on 285 was a nightmare, down to 1 lane both directions due to construction.

Old March 22nd, 2015, 07:42 AM   #832
Sipper'
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

Shell and I had a blast! Hope you guys did as well.
Sipper' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2015, 05:28 AM   #833
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipper' View Post
Shell and I had a blast! Hope you guys did as well.
Any pics or video??

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!

Old March 25th, 2015, 08:20 AM   #834
LiquidShell
ninjette.org member

There were lots of photos but I didn't get to take many because I was riding. I can see why people spend as much money as they do going to Track Day events. My face ached because I grinning the whole time—except when I dropped my bike then my expression was more like .

I came away with a sprained right wrist which should be back to normal soon. The bike is unscathed; there is literally no damage on it all. I may have discovered what gives the Ninja 300 is luster: Pixie Dust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LT TGPR 3.21.15.jpg (96.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg TGPR 3.21.15.jpg (92.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg TGPR 3.21.15 B.jpg (80.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg RT TGPR 3.21.15.jpg (109.0 KB, 5 views)

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old March 25th, 2015, 10:15 AM   #835
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Awesome pics! Glad you guys had a blast. I really enjoyed my Track Day and agree....I kept trying to figure out why my face hurt so much and it was cause of the constant grinning

@deth188 - did anybody make it down to ride the South Loop?

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!

Old March 25th, 2015, 10:22 AM   #836
fleemos
ninjette.org guru

Name: Darren

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Yamaha FZ6R, 2014 Suzuki GSX-R600

I made it down with deth188 and FreeThinker. We didn't get much pics though but it was a great day of riding with lots of scenery. Thanks to deth188 for leading the ride.
fleemos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2015, 10:24 AM   #837
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleemos View Post
I made it down with deth188 and FreeThinker. We didn't get much pics though but it was a great day of riding with lots of scenery. Thanks to deth188 for leading the ride.
Awesome! Thanks @fleemos - I was wanting to make that South of the ATL loop

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!

Old March 25th, 2015, 11:29 AM   #838
FreeThinker
ninjette.org member

I had a great time. Anybody riding this weekend?

Old March 25th, 2015, 01:23 PM   #839
LiquidShell
ninjette.org member

I'm working this weekend so I won't be able to ride. I hope you guys save the date for the Demo Days.

Old March 25th, 2015, 03:43 PM   #840
ally99
Ninja chick

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Nice pics! Looks like y'all had a blast! Nothing will make you smile like that perfectly carved corner!