ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old July 20th, 2015, 06:55 AM   #1
kxpower?
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jesse

Motorcycle(s): Ugly 89 frankenstien special ex250, and the "Zooks" : 1982 GS450 and 1979 GS1000

Anyone interested in a 1979 GL1000 parts bike? (Nashville or Knoxville)

Hey guys and gals! As detailed in this thread: https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=236657
I picked up a couple parts bikes a few weeks ago, and really don't have a lot of need for the GL1000, so I was considering parting it out. But I thought I'd give you all on Ninjette first shot at it if someone could use it.

It's a 1979 Honda GL1000. The first generation of Gold Wing, just a huge standard bike with the water cooled flat 4. I meant to take pictures and get some details off of it but got sidetracked this weekend. It's apart but complete as far as I can tell, rolling chassis/drivetrain but handlebars, exhaust, fuel tank, seat, air filter assemble, etc. are all off the bike and in tubs. The guy I got it from said the guy he bought it from rode it regularly before it sat several years so it may be a fairly easy fix.

IMPORTANT: I have no title, will have a bill of sale from where I bought it and can write up a bill of sale for you. I have run the VIN and it's not reported stolen or anything, I'll be happy to provide the VIN so you can run it yourself.

I'm on the fence as to whether I want to part it out as-is or to take the time to fix whatever is wrong (if it's cheap) and have a running bike sans title that someone (or maybe me?) could go through the mess of getting it titled.

Assuming I can get some decent compression numbers out of the engine I could get my money back and then some just by selling the motor, but I kinda hate to do something like that before making a collegiate effort to get it to someone who might be able to put it back together.

So if you have a little money to throw at a bike come get a look at it and maybe shoot me an offer. It's in my storage unit in Columbia right now but I could trailer it up here to Maryville (outside Knoxville) fairly easily given some lead time.