ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 20th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #1
BISH
ninjette.org member

Name: BISH

Motorcycle(s): 2010 NINJA

Any MotoGP fans?!

Whats peoples opinions of the season so far? Harsh punishment for Simoncelli I felt!
BISH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2011, 07:11 PM   #2
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

I'm not even watching this year. Too many moves around with riders. I am waiting for the 1000's next year. But me and stoner will have our beer together at Laguna.

Old May 20th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #3
BISH
ninjette.org member

Really looking forward to next year with the 1000's although I wish they would stop putting a limit on the amount of fuel allowed. Then we would see some good racing!

Old May 20th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #4
Bols
Norwegian dude

Name: Ole

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 748

Awesome season so far, have watched every FP, QP and Race etc

However the punishment for that Simoncelli kamikaze-move was not nearly as harsh as I'd like. Imo he should be disqualified from the race. The stunt he pulled there, after already being in conflicts regarding other riders safety, was really stupid and dangerous. It has no place in racing, MotoGP is not a contact sport. He is literally pushing Pedrosa of the road, and maybe ruining his season and testing for the Repsol team.
Bols is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #5
BISH
ninjette.org member

It was a silly overtake but then I also think Simoncelli is a victim of bad press. Its easy for me to say but I think Pedrosa panicked a bit and stood the bike up but then he shouldnt of been put in that position by Simoncelli. Lorenzo pulled a similar stunt on Dovi earlier on in the race, but nothing was said. You could argue that the 'Stoner punch' has no place in motorsport and should of got him disqualified also? Intrestingly Biaggi got a similar fine for slapping Melandri and that was in pit lane and not on the track.

Old May 20th, 2011, 09:32 PM   #6
Bols
Norwegian dude

Name: Ole

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 748

The thing is Pedrosa is looking at the exit of the turn and I bet he couldn't even see Simoncelli on the outside before he was sliding on the ground. Simoncelli on the other hand has a totally clear view of where Pedrosa is and still just cuts straight infront of him
Bols is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2011, 04:32 AM   #7
BISH
ninjette.org member

We've got 2 different channels showing the races so it was intresting to see the different camera angles! It was one of those contriversial racing moments that we wouldnt be talking about if Pedrosa hadnt come off! I hope we get more moments like that but obviously without the injuries!

Old May 21st, 2011, 08:08 AM   #8
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
This season is so exciting that I may have to buy a Honda so I can be like half the MotoGP field.

I do like the new V4 Honda (RVF1000R) though.

Old May 21st, 2011, 09:42 AM   #9
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bols View Post
The thing is Pedrosa is looking at the exit of the turn and I bet he couldn't even see Simoncelli on the outside before he was sliding on the ground. Simoncelli on the other hand has a totally clear view of where Pedrosa is and still just cuts straight infront of him
It was a BS move. There was no way he was even close to being in Pedrosas visability.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2011, 11:39 AM   #10
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

They give hair something more than a drive thru?

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...nce/18000.html
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2011, 12:12 PM   #11
ladyrocket
ladyrocket

Name: Megan

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R

I was so excited for it this year (my first moto GP with a bike)! I live in Monterey so it gets crazy!!! I will be in Mexico for the whole event! Kind of bittersweet, but there is always next year

Old May 21st, 2011, 12:16 PM   #12
BISH
ninjette.org member

There was talk of there being an inquiry with both riders telemetry being looked at?

Old May 21st, 2011, 03:19 PM   #13
fled
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Domremy

Motorcycle(s): None yet

While I'm a Honda fan boy, and anything in orange crossing the line is great stuff, I'm glad to see Rossi & crew finally get the Ducati dialed in. Its officially on!

Simoncelli is part of the future of MotoGP and he is good publicity for the sport (kinda like Dennis Rodman was for the NBA) once he matures a bit and stops putting riders in the dirt I think he will shine in a good way. Really pissed poor Dani is back in rehab just when he was coming back.
fled is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:17 AM   #14
BISH
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fled View Post

Simoncelli is part of the future of MotoGP and he is good publicity for the sport (kinda like Dennis Rodman was for the NBA) once he matures a bit and stops putting riders in the dirt I think he will shine in a good way. Really pissed poor Dani is back in rehab just when he was coming back.

Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:13 AM   #15
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Great season. Could care less if the are on 800, 1000, or TZ750.
Posted via Mobile Device
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2011, 11:17 AM   #16
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

A lot of people think Rossi left Yamaha because he was tired of running the M1...not so. Ducati needs Rossi to make their bikes as good as Yamaha. They recognized Rossi's skill in providing valuable feedback for product development....and they were willing to pay for it....in LARGE amounts.

Rossi was pretty much finished fine tuning the Yamaha. It only made sense for him to move on to the next company.

You can bet that in a few years, Rossi will have that Ducati running circles around the rest of the field.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2011, 05:34 PM   #17
BISH
ninjette.org member

Ben Spies is having a really poor season so far, hopefully he'll start picking up some results soon.

Old May 23rd, 2011, 04:33 PM   #18
Socialspaz
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BISH View Post
There was talk of there being an inquiry with both riders telemetry being looked at?
What happened with that? I was looking forward to see if Pedrosa let off the gas to push Simoncelli to the outside. And Moto GP was wrong to have a drive though, no way to dispute that after the accident.
Socialspaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2011, 03:20 AM   #19
BISH
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialspaz View Post
What happened with that? I was looking forward to see if Pedrosa let off the gas to push Simoncelli to the outside. And Moto GP was wrong to have a drive though, no way to dispute that after the accident.
Funny thing it seems to have gone quiet now, i would of thought that HRC would of been all over it if Pedrosa was blame free? Maybe the telemetry showed Pedrosa wasnt without fault? Pure speculation of course lol !

Old July 18th, 2011, 02:04 AM   #20
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Name: Jae

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Anniversary "Yoshiko" 2007 Honda CBR600RR "Katsumi"(SOLD) 2010 Ninja ZX-2R "JADE" (RIP)

ive been loving this season. also watching wsbk when i can. they dont televise them here in the US (that i know of) so i am getting the races off line a day after. try not to view results before watching, but usually that doesnt happen

i actually like simoncelli... i loved dennis rodman back in the day too, good analogy

Old July 18th, 2011, 06:26 AM   #21
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaol1n Monk View Post
also watching wsbk when i can. they dont televise them here in the US (that i know of) so i am getting the races off line a day after.
WSBK is televised on SPEED.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2011, 06:43 AM   #22
tsiratiug
ninjette.org member

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Triumph Bonneville T100, 2010 Ninja 250R SE (SOLD), 2002 Honda Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bols View Post
Awesome season so far, have watched every FP, QP and Race etc

However the punishment for that Simoncelli kamikaze-move was not nearly as harsh as I'd like. Imo he should be disqualified from the race. The stunt he pulled there, after already being in conflicts regarding other riders safety, was really stupid and dangerous. It has no place in racing, MotoGP is not a contact sport. He is literally pushing Pedrosa of the road, and maybe ruining his season and testing for the Repsol team.
Motorcycle racing has always been a contact sport. It was even moreso in the past. Those guys used to really go at each other. Now it's just a little push here or there or closing the door on someone in a corner, etc.

Racers used to consider it just part of the game. Now, they cry about it. I suppose you can't blame them too much - there's a lot more money involved in the sport today.
tsiratiug is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2011, 09:43 AM   #23
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Name: Jae

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Anniversary "Yoshiko" 2007 Honda CBR600RR "Katsumi"(SOLD) 2010 Ninja ZX-2R "JADE" (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
WSBK is televised on SPEED.
really? i'll have to check my local listings!