ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old March 4th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #1
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

Name: Mitchell

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Race), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636 (Track), 2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Street)

Got the bike out and rode it to work today.

Its been nice the last couple of days so i decided to take the bike out today and go to work. I work the second shift, so i prepared for colder weather on my commute home. Hopefully saturday is nice so i can actually get out and ride this thing for a good period of time.
MKlein3004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #2
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I have the day off tomorrow so I think I am going to take the bike out for a well deserved ride. The bike deserves it, not me. lol
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #3
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

The weather is going to be in the 40's, the "ice" is gone from the streets and I was thinking about riding to work tomorrow. Then as I left the parking lot I was reminded this is weekend for the State Basketball finals and we have people from every corner of the state here. I decided I've got enough to worry about getting back into a riding mind set and don't need the added risk of all the folks that have come into the "big city".

Maybe next week

Old March 5th, 2010, 07:05 AM   #4
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Its still been in the low 20s in the mornings until about 9 am or so, and then working its way up to low 40s. I need to go ahead and get the de-winterization stuff done so I can take a afternoon ride in the new few weeks.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #5
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (sold)

It got up over 70° today. I went to work 4 hours late, so I could get in some riding. I had to take advantage of the situation, its going to be raining the rest of the week. I got a little riding in yesterday on the way to go hang out with my dad for his b-day as well.

Old March 9th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #6
ZerO
ninjette.org member

Name: tommy

Motorcycle(s): 2008

i played hookey yesterday.

do i feel guilty about telling the boss i was 'sick'? psssh.. the 127 miles i racked up in 50 degree weather was heaven.

Old March 9th, 2010, 02:29 PM   #7
caliente103
ninjette.org member

Name: HECTOR

Motorcycle(s): Red 08 250r

Nyc

I took my 250 to work today and had lots of fun on the FDR Drive in NYC. Im Think of getting a bigger tire for the bumps in NYC 140 or 150 I dont know what works best for the street need some help guys to pick a tire that will work for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
caliente103 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #8
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

For the last couple of weeks we've had unusually warm weather and I've been riding to work every day - but now the weather has gone back to winter. The last couple of mornings the temp in the morning is right around the freezing mark. I can bundle up against the cold but I'm more worried about black ice. I've hit patches of black ice while riding around this time of the year before, and that can really cause a need for a change of underwear...

Old March 9th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #9
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Race), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636 (Track), 2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Street)

with the weather reaching 78 today, i took full advantage of it and took the bike for a spin, then went on to work. With it only getting down to mid 50s at night, i have no need to my inner liner of my jacket. But rain tomorrow will keep me from riding. watch out rest of the week, its supposed to be nice.

Old March 9th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #10
cnichols79us
Fastly Slow!!!

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja EX250, 1980 Honda XL125

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
For the last couple of weeks we've had unusually warm weather and I've been riding to work every day - but now the weather has gone back to winter. The last couple of mornings the temp in the morning is right around the freezing mark. I can bundle up against the cold but I'm more worried about black ice. I've hit patches of black ice while riding around this time of the year before, and that can really cause a need for a change of underwear...
cnichols79us is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #11
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

fourth day in a row of riding the moto to work. gotta love spring and summer riding seasons down south.

Old March 12th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #12
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
Man, that black ice will make you want to change underwear in the cage too. I hit a patch last month in the cage turning onto an Interstate off-ramp. I skid down the offramp sideways at 75mph.

Old March 12th, 2010, 06:00 AM   #13
Rayme
ninjette.org guru

Name: Remy

Motorcycle(s): '04 sv650s

It's going to be 4-5 celcius tomorrow. I am definitly taking it out, when the sun is blaring like that there is definitly no black ice on the pavement its very warm to the touch

Old March 12th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #14
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

March is a weird time for weather. This morning when I got up, it was +2c (about 36 F) and dumping slushy rain. I listened to the radio and they said that areas just outside of town had a couple of inches of snow.

I drove my nice warm, dry cage and it was terrible weather in the AM, but it's 2:30 now; the sun has come out, the sky is mostly blue, and the temperature has climbed up to +10c (about 50F). If I had my motorcycle I would have a nice ride home from work today. Maybe tomorrow....

Old March 12th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #15
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

well just looked at the weather here and its riding weather through the remainder of the week and the beginning of the next. Should get some good riding in here soon.