ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 15th, 2015, 05:40 PM   #1
Proteus
Daily Ninjette Rider

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2015 Vespa GTS 300 IE Super, 1989 Honda Elite 80 (SOLD)

Anyone in Miami looking for a job?

@Alex if this is in the wrong forum please move it

I haven't been on here in a bit because we've been in the process of moving to Miami (and my ninjette's still back in Chicago ).

Anyway, I'm running a company called Favor here - we do on-demand delivery of anything in the area. All of my runners are in cars right now, and I want to get some going on motos! If anyone is in the Miami area and looking for a job let me know!

Check out my music at http://www.proteusmusic.com
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 15th, 2015, 05:41 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 15th, 2015, 05:46 PM   #3
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Wish I could get paid to ride. I tried looking at being an uber driver with my bike or a pizza delivery driver but they wouldn't allow the bike so I looked for employment elsewhere.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 15th, 2015, 05:55 PM   #4
Proteus
Daily Ninjette Rider

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2015 Vespa GTS 300 IE Super, 1989 Honda Elite 80 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
Wish I could get paid to ride. I tried looking at being an uber driver with my bike or a pizza delivery driver but they wouldn't allow the bike so I looked for employment elsewhere.
That's funny because I NEED motorcycle and scooter runners, I understand Uber but don't know why a delivery job would turn you down.

Old September 15th, 2015, 06:28 PM   #5
xXecuterXx2
ChocolateMilk Addict

Name: Maurice

Motorcycle(s): '05 EX-250 "Kallie" 85 KLT 110 ATC "Murdock"

Dude. If i wasn't 16, in a different state, and reliant on my parents house for living arrangements, i'd soooooo hit you up..
xXecuterXx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 15th, 2015, 07:05 PM   #6
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
That's funny because I NEED motorcycle and scooter runners.............
Ask here:
http://www.soflasportbikes.com/

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 15th, 2015, 07:13 PM   #7
Jahjahwarrior
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 96 ninja 250

Welcome to Miami!

Thankfully I'm gainfully employed in West Palm Beach, I don't know if I'd want to ride during the day in Miami. Hollywood is far enough south for me, much further than that and I feel like cagers are actively trying to kill you.

And up here in West Palm Beach the population density is less, so the concept of runners isn't quite so huge, except for the rich people on Palm Beach proper but they have long term employees for that kind of stuff.

Best of luck with the endeavor though! Our winters are much better than Chicago!
Jahjahwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 15th, 2015, 07:13 PM   #8
Proteus
Daily Ninjette Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
I just joined there tonight, and wanted to get a few posts under my belt before I advertise anything.

Old September 15th, 2015, 07:15 PM   #9
Proteus
Daily Ninjette Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahjahwarrior View Post
Welcome to Miami!

Thankfully I'm gainfully employed in West Palm Beach, I don't know if I'd want to ride during the day in Miami. Hollywood is far enough south for me, much further than that and I feel like cagers are actively trying to kill you.

And up here in West Palm Beach the population density is less, so the concept of runners isn't quite so huge, except for the rich people on Palm Beach proper but they have long term employees for that kind of stuff.

Best of luck with the endeavor though! Our winters are much better than Chicago!
I haven't ridden around here yet, but have driven the car plenty of the last few weeks. I honestly think that the drivers here are better than Chicago.

Old September 16th, 2015, 02:06 PM   #10
DSomething
ninjette.org member

Name: D.

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 ABS

Hey, I'm in Boca. Fully employed but if you ever want to hook up for a ride, maybe meeting in Lauderdale, hit me up.

D.
DSomething is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2015, 03:15 PM   #11
Proteus
Daily Ninjette Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSomething View Post
Hey, I'm in Boca. Fully employed but if you ever want to hook up for a ride, maybe meeting in Lauderdale, hit me up.

D.
Will do, bringing the bikes down here this weekend!

Old September 16th, 2015, 04:37 PM   #12
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
I just joined there tonight, and wanted to get a few posts under my belt before I advertise anything.
That site is dormant, except when track days or fatal motorcycle accidents happen.

Quote:
I haven't ridden around here yet, but have driven the car plenty of the last few weeks. I honestly think that the drivers here are better than Chicago.
Just give them some time !!!

Stay North of Miami Gardens and North Miami Beach.
If need to go South of Homestead, please use routes that by-pass the city, never I-95.

Never drop your guard when riding down here.

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 16th, 2015, 04:51 PM   #13
DSomething
ninjette.org member

Name: D.

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 ABS

Oh, and it's important to note we have what we call "season" down here. It starts right around the beginning of October and stretches through mid-April. It's when all the northern retires come down to spend the winter months. Please be very careful during those times on the road because its generally older people and they generally have no idea where they're going.

You'll know season is starting when you see semis delivering cars to homes and high rises.

D.
DSomething is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 16th, 2015, 07:37 PM   #14
Jahjahwarrior
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 96 ninja 250

Drivers in Chicago might be bad too, murdered is murdered regardless of whether it's one tire track on your head or two or three

Take a look at the missing sections of those "cones" separating the express lanes from the regular lanes on 95. If emergency vehicles go through them, they go slowly enough that they bend over, then spring back up. Those missing sections are from drivers who got in the express lanes, realized they were going to miss their exit, and that scratching the heck out of the side of their car and destroying those cones, is a better alternative than driving an extra 15 minutes out of their way due to their stupid mistake...

My wife once got in a wreck because someone pulled a stunt like that but thankfully, she was in a car. Still, both cars totaled.

But the beaches and night life are second to none! FIU is also a good university. I don't hate Miami, I just avoid it.
Jahjahwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.