ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old May 25th, 2017, 12:54 PM   #41
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

https://twitter.com/NeilHodgson100/s...31334159015937

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old May 25th, 2017, 02:12 PM   #42
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
^^^^ +10hp for sure!!!!

Just goes to show that fellers in KY will sometimes give ya more than the shirt of their own back. While it's something we prefer not to think about, please consider signing the back of your license as an organ donor.

rip, godspeed and lead the pack!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old May 25th, 2017, 02:50 PM   #43
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

This is heart breaking. RIP Nicky.

Old May 25th, 2017, 05:26 PM   #44
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Found on another board:

Quote:
Jared Mees just did the ultimate tribute to Nicky.:thumbup

From his FB page:
Nichole and are I so excited to welcome baby girl Hayden Lilian Mees to our world. Hayden weighed in at 6lb, 7oz and Nichole did so awesome. After getting the blessing from the Hayden family, we decided to name her after our American hero Nicky Hayden.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old May 25th, 2017, 05:28 PM   #45
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Some more writeups:

Old May 25th, 2017, 05:54 PM   #46
Alex
ninjette.org dude

http://www.bicycling.com/culture/ill...h-nicky-hayden

Old May 26th, 2017, 08:39 AM   #47
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Thank you Alex.

Old June 1st, 2017, 06:15 AM   #48
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

In remembrance of #69:

MotoGP.com streaming the movie for free today in honor of Nicky Hayden

Worth a watch.

Last futzed with by "A"; June 1st, 2017 at 11:58 AM.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2017, 04:49 AM   #49
"A"
vampire

Latest on Nicky's accident:

For this reason, the Rimini prosecutor understands that “the accident could have been completely avoided”, since “both could have reacted and stopped” in case the vehicle had respected the speed limits, establishing a 70% quilt for the driver of the car and 30% for Nicky Hayden for not respecting the stop sign that indicated the Kentucky rider to stop at the intersection.

Looks to me as the prosecutor wants to make a show of the trial because of teh celeb status of those involved..

Old September 26th, 2017, 08:47 AM   #50
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
Looks to me as the prosecutor wants to make a show of the trial because of teh celeb status of those involved..
What's making you come to that conclusion?

The article says they brought in an expert who found there was a stop sign ignored, a speeding car, and then assigned split fault. They've since charged the driver. I'm confused what's making you say they're making a show of it.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2017, 09:05 AM   #51
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Yeah, seems pretty standard stuff. In CA split liabilities have been standard practice for ages. Probably driven by insurance companies. Very rarely is something 100% on one side only.

I may occasionally run through 4-way stop. But never cross a road with through traffic.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2017, 09:38 AM   #52
"A"
vampire

Because I always ask the question: who is profiting from this?

Old September 26th, 2017, 10:03 AM   #53
DannoXYZ

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

Does Italy have privatized prison system like U.S.? In which case judges and prosecutors have motivation to sentence as many people as possible since they get kickback from prisons.

Old September 27th, 2017, 07:16 AM   #54
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

*facedesk* Can we please leave the stupid political conspiracy theories in another thread?

Old September 27th, 2017, 07:36 AM   #55
DannoXYZ

Everything's a theory until proven as fact. It's already well known what goes on with the U.S. prison system. In fact, I have profited from it tremendously with buying prison stock.

What is not known in this case are possible scenarios which may be causing grandstanding in Rimini trial?

In U.S., prosecutors tend to throw entire book at you if you're young and impressionable. Not only will it be more effective at corrections (compared to older offenders), it'll also have multiplier effect because you'll tell your friends and convince them to behave as well.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; September 27th, 2017 at 08:52 AM.

Old September 27th, 2017, 09:54 AM   #56
"A"
vampire

According to the article:

The Rimini Prosecutor’s Office has completed its investigation into the traffic accident that killed Nicky Hayden on 22 May. According to the conclusions drawn by Orlando Omicini, an expert with more than 20 years of experience in this type of accident, the driver of the Peugeot 206 cc that hit Nicky Hayden was running at 72.7 km / h at the time of the crash, surpassing in almost 50% the maximum speed of the track, limited to 50 km / h.

72.7 km/h = 45 mph.
50 km/h = 31 mi/h

Nicky Hayden ignored the stop sign “without giving preference” to the vehicle that circulated in the main road, crossing it at a speed of 20.6 km / h.

20.6 km/h = 12.8 mi/h

Do most of us speed 45 mph (or more) in a 30 mph speed limit zone?

Do most of us expect a cyclist to run a stop sign from the side street while traveling down a straight road?

It's a tragic accident, but difficult to prove the intent of causing injury or death with the crime of speeding.

Last futzed with by "A"; September 27th, 2017 at 11:20 AM.

Old September 27th, 2017, 10:44 AM   #57
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14

Old September 27th, 2017, 11:35 AM   #58
DannoXYZ

Quote:
Do most of us speed 45 mph (or more) in a 30 mph speed limit zone?

Do most of us expect a cyclist to run a stop sign from the side street while traveling down a straight road?

It's a tragic accident, but difficult to prove the intent of causing injury or death with the crime of speeding.
It usually takes two mistakes coinciding with wrong-place/wrong-time for collision. If either one of them were there by themselves, they could've done same thing and no problems.

I think there may be some translation issues. Homicide may have intent in U.S., but I think manslaughter would be more correct here; and whatever equivalent Italian term would be.

Old September 27th, 2017, 12:33 PM   #59
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
It usually takes two mistakes coinciding with wrong-place/wrong-time for collision. If either one of them were there by themselves, they could've done same thing and no problems.
excuse my language but that's a load of ****. all it takes is one ****ing idiot doing something that someone else can't compensate enough for. you can do everything perfectly, be the best driver in the world, and still have some **** nut ruin your day/life. all it takes is one piece of **** making a mistake

Old September 27th, 2017, 12:45 PM   #60
"A"
vampire

Accident happens, people get killed every single day; regardless whether you follow traffic laws or not.

It's tragic what happened to Nicky; we can only be vigilant while riding on our bikes.

Old September 27th, 2017, 01:17 PM   #61
DannoXYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
excuse my language but that's a load of ****. all it takes is one ****ing idiot doing something that someone else can't compensate enough for. you can do everything perfectly, be the best driver in the world, and still have some **** nut ruin your day/life. all it takes is one piece of **** making a mistake
So you've never had to take evasive maneuvers to avoid an idiot move by someone else? Luckily you never will have to because you're gonna die for sure!!! Because nothing you can do is gonna make difference right?

Let's change this all-or-nothing, black/white qualitative assertion to quantitative analysis. Bell-curve average is NOT same result for everyone. If it was, we'd all be dead because we've all drunk water at one point or another in our lives and some people have choked on it and died!

1. statistically, 67% of motorcycle traffic accidents are caused by autos turning left in front of biker. How many of these incidents results in no collision due to biker's skill in avoidance moves vs. how many results in collision? That's data I'd like to see. I would assert that in vast majority of these cases, no collisions occur due to the biker's evasive maneuvers.

2. in remaining cases that DO result in collision, vast majority of them shows LONG skidding tyre-mark from bike up to collision point.

You have to separate fault from contribution. It's not one and the same.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; September 27th, 2017 at 09:28 PM.

Old September 27th, 2017, 02:08 PM   #62
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Do I exceed speed limits? Well, yeah, kind of. I'm not always good about them. Do I look for bicyclists blowing stop signs? Yeah, I kind of have to. I really don't want to be like this Peugot driver and kill someone.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2017, 02:44 PM   #63
DannoXYZ

Yeah, I think he was going way too fast. Didn't give himself reaction-time and distance needed to stop or swerve in time.

Old September 28th, 2017, 03:04 PM   #64
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
So you've never had to take evasive maneuvers to avoid an idiot move by someone else? Luckily you never will have to because you're gonna die for sure!!! Because nothing you can do is gonna make difference right?

Let's change this all-or-nothing, black/white qualitative assertion to quantitative analysis. Bell-curve average is NOT same result for everyone. If it was, we'd all be dead because we've all drunk water at one point or another in our lives and some people have choked on it and died!

1. statistically, 67% of motorcycle traffic accidents are caused by autos turning left in front of biker. How many of these incidents results in no collision due to biker's skill in avoidance moves vs. how many results in collision? That's data I'd like to see. I would assert that in vast majority of these cases, no collisions occur due to the biker's evasive maneuvers.

2. in remaining cases that DO result in collision, vast majority of them shows LONG skidding tyre-mark from bike up to collision point.

You have to separate fault from contribution. It's not one and the same.

i'm pretty sure that's not what i said. i've crashed a bike over 10 times, missed and been missed dozens of times. it doesn't matter whose fault it is. it doesn't matter who contributed what. what matters is if you crash or not. and if you get ****ed up by the crash or not.

my point was, sometimes you can do nothing to avoid a crash, you can only try to minimize injury to yourself. like this is why we wear gear, right? my point is you need to be aware of and responsible of the consequences. yes- death is a potential for riding around with cars with no cage around you. yes- being permanently disabled from a crash is entirely possible and not really that uncommon.

don't think that because you're a skilled rider (or more likely- you think you're a skilled rider) you are immune from crashes.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old September 29th, 2017, 04:50 PM   #65
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
Last I checked this was a 2 wheel forum. We are suppose to be supportive of one another. Arguing about why accidents happen or who is at fault never ends well. We all have our opinion, data gives facts but only if it is collected. Then you can argue methods of collection. Then who anaylized the data...and so on.

Stuff happens, it's life.

Can we please get back on topic and cut the BS?

On topic:

What gear do you wear on bicycles when it gets cold? I want to try riding through winter, what tips to you have?

Old September 29th, 2017, 05:55 PM   #66
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
What gear do you wear on bicycles when it gets cold? I want to try riding through winter, what tips to you have?
Pearl Izumi fleece lined running tights over my bike shorts. Pearl Izumi finger gloves (although for roadies, a lot of people sweat by the lobster shape gloves). Pearl Izumi fleece booties over my cleats that come up to my lower shin.

Generally though, layers covered in wind protection.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2017, 07:24 AM   #67
"A"
vampire

More details and development from Nicky's accident.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 30th, 2017, 09:12 AM   #68
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
Quote:
@Alex

Please move the Nicky comments to another thread.
I am a Nicky fan and I will miss him. This is not the thread to discuss what happened to him. This thread was intended for information on bicycles and riding them.

Old September 30th, 2017, 12:51 PM   #69
"A"
vampire

Unfortunate as Nicky's accident, it involves bicycle; make it a way to raise awareness of bicycling safety from the accident.

Reality is the bicyclists are at higher risks when accidents occur, too often even cyclists are distracted by headphones or instruments that might put themselves in danger.

Personally, I listen to music on my ride from time to time, I run stop signs on my bicycle rides more often than I should, and for over 27 years I'm been pedaling bicycles (20+ years on motorcycles).. I plan to keep pedaling well into my 80's. In order to do that, I need to keep learning from accidents, however unfortunate they are so I don't make similar mistakes.