ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old February 14th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #1
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Name: William

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja ZX-6R B/W

Anyone have an Airmada?

Been looking into purchasing a helmet with varying EPS and shell sizes to get a more precise fit and less resistance. My Scorpion EXO-1000 is huge as a medium.

So my question is does anyone have an Airmada and what is their opinion on it?
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #2
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Icon helmets have cool looking graphics and aren't terrible but you can do a lot better for the same price. I've had two Icon helmets which I've been satisfied with and briefly thought about the Airmada but after trying other helmets, it's super obvious how heavy Icon helmets can be.
tfkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #3
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Well the Airmada is SUPPOSED to be light because of the 4 shell sizes and 5 EPS sizes throughout the helmet sizes. My second choice is the Arai RX-Q but that's nearly 3 times the price.

My EXO-1000 is 4 pounds without my gopro.

Old February 15th, 2013, 01:22 AM   #4
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

i love mine. I'm really thinkin about getting the red/black Parahuman airmada so i can use the 4horseman as my bluetooth helm. its slightly snug for my head. i have 3 helmets total, the 4horseman, rf1100 and Shoei Qwest.

the fit for my head was realllllly tight at first, but after an hour or so with it on it fits really well. Not quite as perfect as my 1100 but it definitely is not uncomfortable. My biggest complaint is that the silver open/close vent for ur face is really flimsy and feels cheap. If you open it, it feels like its going to close and vice versa. my 2nd complaint is that the bottom of the nose curtain thing is hitting a piece of looks like Velcro lining so i had to screw with it a bit to get it just right, but other then that i love it. as for sound...its alright, keep the top vents closed and only have the 1 middle chin vent open and your good. I also always wear a balaclava so im sure that helps alittle bit

Link to original page on YouTube.
Dat red D:

Last futzed with by Aggrotech; February 15th, 2013 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Derp
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 15th, 2013, 08:23 AM   #5
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post
i love mine. I'm really thinkin about getting the red/black Parahuman airmada so i can use the 4horseman as my bluetooth helm. its slightly snug for my head. i have 3 helmets total, the 4horseman, rf1100 and Shoei Qwest.

the fit for my head was realllllly tight at first, but after an hour or so with it on it fits really well. Not quite as perfect as my 1100 but it definitely is not uncomfortable. My biggest complaint is that the silver open/close vent for ur face is really flimsy and feels cheap. If you open it, it feels like its going to close and vice versa. my 2nd complaint is that the bottom of the nose curtain thing is hitting a piece of looks like Velcro lining so i had to screw with it a bit to get it just right, but other then that i love it. as for sound...its alright, keep the top vents closed and only have the 1 middle chin vent open and your good. I also always wear a balaclava so im sure that helps alittle bit
What size helmet did you get? Also, would you mind taking a picture with the helmet on for body to helmet size ratio comparison? Sorry if I'm asking a lot but I just want to get the best idea of how small of a form this thing actually is compared to what they're saying it is.

Old February 15th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #6
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
What size helmet did you get? Also, would you mind taking a picture with the helmet on for body to helmet size ratio comparison? Sorry if I'm asking a lot but I just want to get the best idea of how small of a form this thing actually is compared to what they're saying it is.
Gotta leave right now, tried getting pics but my battery on the camera is dead so it wont be till later tonight but i'll get em for ya

Old February 16th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Well, I bit the bullet! Was riding around and went to the dealer to see if they had any and tried it on, fit like a god damn glove. Was going to originally get the white with black plates and the RST shield but saw the stacked and he gave me $30 off the shield which made me sway to getting the graphic. Would have been like 240ish, ended up being 260 and then 10 for the shield. Worth it for a the nice graphic!

Really liking it so far, It looks a bit smaller than my Exo-1000 but it FEELS wayyyyy smaller. weight, clearance, everything.

Old February 16th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #8
Reyno2ac
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): Red 2009 Ninja 650r

Nice! I'm thinking of picking up an Icon Variant, just so I have something other than my Alliance.
Reyno2ac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 17th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #9
Continuous
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r SE

That stack looks pretty awesome. I was thinking of getting the green Airmada SB1. I'll post pics when I get it in a week or so.
Continuous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 17th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #10
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

lol sorry im way late. my boss screwed me hours up and i had no time..heres some pics
anyway

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:20 AM   #11
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Sorry to bring this back up, but how are the Airmadas holding up? I'm considering getting one soon.
THE BIG SITT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2013, 01:39 PM   #12
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Feels great so far, I had a unique problem though since I'm sure my head is just shaped weird but on the right side of my ehlmet above my ear along I guess my temple I had a painful pressure point and had to push the on foam a bit to keep it from squishing my head in that particular spot.

Otherwise it feels comfy, keeps my face warm/cold when needed, glasses go in and out easy and don't bounce around, wind noise is pretty low considering the amount of ventilation it has. I highly recommend the SRT shields as well, usually with tint I still squint around the sun but the SRT i could practically look right at it and not really have the sun bother me.

Old February 21st, 2013, 04:38 PM   #13
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Sweet. What is SRT? I'm assuming that means the mirrored finish. Also, have you ever used headphones with it? How'd it work?

Old February 21st, 2013, 04:59 PM   #14
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Mine is doin just fine and ive had it for quite some time now. I havent tried wearing ear buds or anything...i absolutely hate the feeling of having my ears being ripped off when trying to get my helmet off. tried it with mr rf-1100 and ive never tried it since.

RST shields are basically the vibrant colored ones. Chameleon, gold, blue, green. I just got the dark tinted due to looks and nothing else
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/i...ics-faceshield
*edit*
Cant remember who i took these pics for...but it was about 3 in the morning and i was goin to be heading onto the highway..so i look really bulky lol.

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:48 PM   #15
Continuous
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r SE

Here is a picture of my Airmada. It is not too bulky since it comes with 4 different shell sizes. I have the RST Green shield.

photo.jpg

Old February 22nd, 2013, 06:36 AM   #16
MistahT
ninjette.org member

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 FZ6R, 2006 Ninja 250, 1977 Suzuki GS550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post
I was thinking about upgrading to the Shoei Qwest, I have an Exo-500 right now. If you love your Airmada, why not save $200 and get one of those? Gonna be near a cyclegear tomorrow anyway.....

How would you compare the Qwest and Airmada?
MistahT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:34 AM   #17
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Although I've never had either, I'm going cheaper so I can afford a new jacket as well. I figured a value helmet and jacket (that both fit) would offer better protection than a new Shoei.

Old February 22nd, 2013, 02:53 PM   #18
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahT View Post
I was thinking about upgrading to the Shoei Qwest, I have an Exo-500 right now. If you love your Airmada, why not save $200 and get one of those? Gonna be near a cyclegear tomorrow anyway.....

How would you compare the Qwest and Airmada?
huh? I already have an airmada, im thinkin of getting a 2nd one. as for the airmada vs qwest...qwest feels heavier, bigger, doesnt look as good (if looks are a thing for ya) and i have alittle more room to move around in my qwest then i do my airmada. Airmada is probably slightly louder than the qwest but not by much. I like both of them, they both fit my head well and for the price you cant go wrong with either.