ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old January 30th, 2014, 06:20 AM   #1
Checky
ninjette.org member

Name: Checky

Motorcycle(s): None Yet

Want to ride but scared?

I want to buy a 250, but im scared of motorcycles, scared of crashing/death/injury. whats everyones thoughts on this?
Checky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2014, 06:29 AM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Simple, riding is not for everyone and if you can't ride without being gripped by fears, then don't do it.

"Fear leads to mistakes, mistakes lead to crashing, crashing leads to suffering." - yoda

Seriously though, go take the msf when you can. You can ride around on one of their bikes in a controlled environment without much worry, get some knowledge and get some practice in for little expense. Then you can evaluate if riding is for you.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old January 30th, 2014, 06:31 AM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Also, getting fully geared up does wonders for your confidence.

Last futzed with by csmith12; January 30th, 2014 at 06:57 AM. Reason: spelling
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2014, 06:44 AM   #4
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Perhaps start on a small dirt bike if possible. Riding something small with low power can help boost confidence. Plus the only thing you have to worry about off road is yourself and not some soccer mom in an Escalade.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2014, 06:45 AM   #5
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
The way I see it is that the odds of death, regardless of reason, are 1:1 since everyone dies thus there is no reason to fear that which is inevitable. Severe injury is personally scarier but I cut down on that by wearing gear. Lots of people knock gear (squids) but they eventually pay the cost of not wearing it which is usually a few patches of scarring but can be much worse at higher speeds. There are crashes that could leave you hospitalized without gear that you can walk away from with gear, I've experienced one and walked away (not unscathed even with gear though)

Riding isn't for everyone but if you want to give it a shot csmith is right about trying the msf course first. It's a safe environment where you can practice controlling a bike at low speeds and most people understand why they enjoy riding after taking it if they've never ridden before. Another option is to get a dirtbike, In the right area a dirtbike is worlds of fun and there aren't any cars to ruin your day.
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2014, 06:46 AM   #6
Sykes92
Jedi on Two Wheels

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r (Slightly Modded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Also, getting fully geared up does wanders for your confidence.
This. This so much.

Pretty much everything chris said is right. Go take the MSF, it will either dispel or confirm your fear of riding. Wearing full gear makes you feel much more confident and understanding some of physics of motorcycles also helps. I had a fear of just "falling over" until I read your bike cannot simply "fall" over at speeds exceeding 10mph. The only thing that will ground it is if its wheels lose traction or your bike starts scraping (like your kickstand). But both generally require extreme lean angles or atypical road conditions.

@Motofool probably has a lot to time chime in about these subjects, since he is basically Ninjette's Yoda/physicist haha.

Old January 30th, 2014, 06:53 AM   #7
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
The thought of riding can be scary. Knowledge and confrontation are the remedies for fear.

Begin reading our forum, Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough, and Twist of the Wrist by Keith Code. Take the MSF class. Start slow, soak it in, and face your fear. If you like riding, right on! If you don't, hey, you did what many others would never do...you did something you were first afraid of. So go you! Win, win!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2014, 06:53 AM   #8
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
Parking lots.

Old January 30th, 2014, 07:01 AM   #9
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Eh... Everyone didn't beat me to the good stuff.
Start small, take the msf, gear up, ride safe!!! You'll be fine, Rome wasn't built in a day, nor was Rossi

Old January 30th, 2014, 07:23 AM   #10
Checky
ninjette.org member

Name: Checky

Motorcycle(s): None Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
Parking lots.
see problem isnt about learning. you can be riding for 20 years and your chances of accidents are high.
Checky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2014, 07:30 AM   #11
Sykes92
Jedi on Two Wheels

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r (Slightly Modded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checky View Post
see problem isnt about learning. you can be riding for 20 years and your chances of accidents are high.
Your chances of being injured in an accident is always higher on a bike. Your chances of being in an accident aren't necessarily higher. They're only higher if you let them, you need to pay more attention than the cager's who won't see you. It comes with the territory. But you can reduce those chances with experience and paying attention. Ride like you're invisible and everyone else is drunk.
Riding a motorcycle is a lot of fun, and there are plenty of people here who have never had an incident. I mean, you risk your life everytime you get in a cage. You risk your live just by getting out of bed every morning.

Old January 30th, 2014, 07:39 AM   #12
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Amazingy well said everyone. I agree with all the point posted I personally started on a dirt bike and learned to control a bike (shifting, turning and stopping) then I went to the street. The best part of the Safety course is you get to crash their bike if you do have an accident and not ruin yours or a friends bike. They teach many, many new riders every year and they will teach you properly. Learning by yourself or from a friend who has been riding for years can teach you the wrong way from the start (not all friends teach bad habbits) and you don't want to start out with bad information. The best part of being a new rider is the only way to get better is more riding and if you are a true enthusiast then riding is the best part. I guess what I am saying is go try ridding (safely) wear your gear and you will experience something which will become an obsession for the rest of your life
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2014, 07:43 AM   #13
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
How do you feel on a Bicycle? yes it is a different beast, but i felt that riding bicycle for half my life gave me the two wheel confidence to enjoy Motorcycles. But as others have said, motorcycles are not for everyone, you can always take the riders class to find out where you sit.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2014, 10:10 AM   #14
greenaero
Motorcycle Hypermiler

Name: Vic

Motorcycle(s): 1999 & 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R's

Great advice ^^^.
Checky, how safe and skilled a driver are you? If you have issues driving a car safely, confidently and competently then I think motorcycling is not a good idea for you.
Motorcycling poses more risks than driving autos; good motorcyclists mitigate those risks using their skills , knowledge and ability.
I don't fear death from riding, I fear life without riding.

Old January 30th, 2014, 10:19 AM   #15
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
I want to buy a 250, but im scared of motorcycles, scared of crashing/death/injury. whats everyones thoughts on this?
Buy the biggest, badest bike you can. Then build a cage around it so it can't hurt you.

Old January 30th, 2014, 10:33 AM   #16
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

In my opinion, the day we start riding scared is the day we should stop riding. If this is how you feel now, maybe it's best you don't crawl down that hole. Take the MSF course. When you've passed, if the thought of motorcycles still scares the bejesus out of you, I would say riding isn't for you.

"even a proper fitting helmet can 'get loose'" -csmith
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2014, 10:35 AM   #17
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
In my opinion, the day we start riding scared is the day we should stop riding. If this is how you feel now, maybe it's best you don't crawl down that hole. Take the MSF course. When you've passed, if the thought of motorcycles still scares the bejesus out of you, I would say riding isn't for you.
there is always fear while riding, but is that fear paralyzing?

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old January 30th, 2014, 10:37 AM   #18
rasta
Your face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
there is always fear while riding, but is that fear paralyzing?
The way I look at, there's a difference between 1) being aware that something bad can happen at anytime and 2) being scared of motorcycles

Old January 30th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #19
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
The way I look at, there's a difference between 1) being aware that something bad can happen at anytime and 2) being scared of motorcycles
it is more of an attitude thing, I am afraid of falling, but i still seem to climb tall ****.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old January 30th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #20
rasta
Your face

Quote:
it is more of an attitude thing, I am afraid of falling, but i still seem to climb tall ****.
If a key to riding a motorcycle is staying calm and loose, I'm just not sure someone that's afraid of motorcycles will be able to do that. Like has been said earlier in the thread, the MSF course is the best plan of action. Perhaps a little seat time is all OP needs to get rid of the fear. But let's not pretend like riding a motorcycle is for everyone.

Old January 30th, 2014, 10:59 AM   #21
Han Solo 1
ninjette.org guru

Name: Han Solo

Motorcycle(s): Had a 2008 Ninja 250, til some low-life stole it. Now riding a 2013 red cbr250.

I've always loved motorcycles and when I was finally able to afford one and when I was finally able to convince the wife, I suddenly realized that I was a little bit scared, too.

Taking the MSF course did wonders for my confidence. It's a must for all new riders, and strongly recommended to repeat it every few years, just to keep it fresh.

If, after you take the course, you still feel too scared to ride, don't feel like you wussed out. Riding is dangerous, no matter how skilled you are (you can't control other drivers), and isn't for everyone.

My wife took out a life insurance policy on me the week I bought my first bike.

Han Solo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2014, 11:01 AM   #22
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Disagree. I used to fear heights and hated ladders, so I painted my 2 story house. I was raised to fear motorcycles. So I learned to ride one. Facing the fear is the only way to conquer it. Now, once tried, if the fear is still there and is enough to paralyze you, then sure, take a step back and determine whether riding is for you. Either way, give yourself a pat on the back for trying something that most people are too afraid to attempt. There's always reason to celebrate when you go outside your comfort zone!
Rasta's advice to take the MSF class is good. After that, you should know if you love it or fear it too much to enjoy it and relax.

Quote:
Falling isn't the scary part.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2014, 11:14 AM   #23
rasta
Your face

Guys I don't agree with the comparison of fear of heights and fear of dying on a motorcycle. The consequences are very different. I'm not saying we should run and hide from the things we fear, that's absolutely the wrong attitude. Heights won't kill you. Climbing a tree won't kill you (unless you're climbing to the very top, but who does that if they have a fear of heights?). Riding a motorcycle can kill you. Riding scared will make you tight, nervous, and flinchy. Not confident.

Old January 30th, 2014, 11:18 AM   #24
Han Solo 1
ninjette.org guru

Name: Han Solo

Motorcycle(s): Had a 2008 Ninja 250, til some low-life stole it. Now riding a 2013 red cbr250.

Quote:
Guys I don't agree with the comparison of fear of heights and fear of dying on a motorcycle. The consequences are very different. I'm not saying we should run and hide from the things we fear, that's absolutely the wrong attitude. Heights won't kill you. Climbing a tree won't kill you (unless you're climbing to the very top, but who does that if they have a fear of heights?). Riding a motorcycle can kill you. Riding scared will make you tight, nervous, and flinchy. Not confident.
Riding a motorcycle can't kill you. Crashing can kill you.

Just like climbing a tree can't kill you. Falling off of said tree can.

Dangers are everywhere. You just need to make a decision of how much risk is worth the reward.
Han Solo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #25
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
falls dont kill either(most of the time) it is the sudden stop at the bottom that does us in.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old January 30th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #26
Ducati999

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

I agree with Rasta's statement that you need to be loose when you ride. The safety course is great and I have found that riding in the dirt has made me better on the street also. There is less chance of getting hurt off road, with the proper gear and instruction and I have found that you can learn how to do thing that would be way too dangerous to "practice" on the road. I have had the rear tire slide out at 5-6 mph off road and the front wheel lock at slower speed then have to recover both. The off road riding experience is really fun also and if you cant afford the motorcycle safety course then find a friend with a dirt bike it will teach you that you have more control of a motorcycle than you may think and you get used to the bike moving around underneath you too.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2014, 01:32 PM   #27
Sirref
Private Joker

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
Disagree. I used to fear heights and hated ladders, so I painted my 2 story house. I was raised to fear motorcycles. So I learned to ride one. Facing the fear is the only way to conquer it.
damn, you kick fear's ass on a regular basis I need to do that more often, I often fear what's good for me and have no fear of things that are potentially dangerous.

Quote:
falls dont kill either(most of the time) it is the sudden stop at the bottom that does us in.

Old January 30th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #28
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
you sound like a sane individual. crashing is a very serious thing and people who take it lightly are in denial. in the same light however, crashing a bike -- especially while a new rider -- is exceedingly common.
go to a motorcycle gear shop, try on full gear... real gear. leather. put it all on at the same time, boots, pants, gloves, jacket, helmet. now imagine throwing yourself out of a car on the freeway. you can imagine what it's like without gear, but you can't imagine how little that would impact you while wearing full gear. honestly unless you got hit by a car or something you could probably come out of a car in full gear at 50mph and not suffer major injury (bumps and bruises and a few gear scrapes maybe) -- take a look at the poll thread about crashes to injury ratio. many people who wear gear crash with few injuries
with that said, riding a motorcycle is an insanely gratifying and rewarding experience. it turns something that you might dread (commuting to work, driving anywhere in a ****** car) into the highlights of your day. motorcycles and thrill-seeking behavior is not for everyone, but it is for me. i thoroughly enjoy them. even if it causes serious injury to me eventually. you can't appreciate life having never lived it.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old January 30th, 2014, 02:15 PM   #29
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
How do you feel on a Bicycle? yes it is a different beast, but i felt that riding bicycle for half my life gave me the two wheel confidence to enjoy Motorcycles. .
This.

Are you comfortable with riding a bicycle in traffic? That's a similar level of exposure to riding a motorcycle.

Is your fear that of not being able to control the bike (self confidence) or is it being exposed to dangers that do not affect you in a car?

Yeah... MSF course. It is designed to start at the very bottom. The first time you move the bike you're literally walking it.

If you know someone with a moped or scooter (or live in a location touristy enough to offer rentals), that's also a great way to feel what being on a powered two-wheel vehicle is like, with very very low risk.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 1st, 2014, 04:37 PM   #30
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes92 View Post
...........@Motofool probably has a lot to time chime in about these subjects, since he is basically Ninjette's Yoda/physicist haha.
Nothing to add to the above good posts.

You are correct about the higher possibility of serious injury and death associated to street motorcycling, @Checky.

Although it is 33 years old, the Hurt study, is a great summary on the causes and effects of motorcycle accidents:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcyc...dy-summary.htm

Personally, I was lucky enough to experience and to fall in love with motorcycling years before witnessing a skilled friend sliding under a truck and many years before I suffered my first fall.

There are millions of riders; some are not aware or choose not to acknowledge the real dangers, but many would die if they couldn't ride.

Your fear is perfectly natural.
As many important things in life, riding or not is a very personal decision.
Put your whole heart into it if you decide in favor of buying and riding a motorcycle, and you will ride safer.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 1st, 2014, 04:48 PM   #31
Tigerpaw
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 '09 Boulevard C50. '08 250r(TOTALED BY DEER)

A 250 is not a real motorcycle. I don't understand your fear.

Old February 1st, 2014, 04:50 PM   #32
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpaw View Post
A 250 is not a real motorcycle. I don't understand your fear.
"The engine is so small it will barely break 100mph (gps not speedo) on a downhill stretch! Surely that can't scare anyone, no real bike goes less than 150mph!"-squidspeak

Old February 1st, 2014, 05:34 PM   #33
Whiskey

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
This.

Are you comfortable with riding a bicycle in traffic? That's a similar level of exposure to riding a motorcycle.

Is your fear that of not being able to control the bike (self confidence) or is it being exposed to dangers that do not affect you in a car?

Yeah... MSF course. It is designed to start at the very bottom. The first time you move the bike you're literally walking it.

If you know someone with a moped or scooter (or live in a location touristy enough to offer rentals), that's also a great way to feel what being on a powered two-wheel vehicle is like, with very very low risk.
A motorbike has less exposure than a bicycle, it can keep pace, has mirrors, indicators & a brake light.

A moped may give you an idea of what it's like to be on a bike in traffic, bonus is that it's twist & go so less to think about, downside is that it can't keep up with traffic. Once you're comfortable on that you can move onto a geared bike.

Go do an MSF course, see if you're still scared shitless by the end of it, if you are then biking is probably not for you, if you're ok with it I'd say go for a geared bike first off, but that's just me.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 1st, 2014, 05:38 PM   #34
Whiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post

Said by a man so scared of bikes that he'd never go near one, the other 2 on the show are bike nuts.

Old February 1st, 2014, 05:55 PM   #35
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Said by a man so scared of bikes that he'd never go near one, the other 2 on the show are bike nuts.
yea, I loved it when I found hammond's old 400cc reviews and all his justifications for why smaller is better. Those 400cc I4s looked massive under him which makes me wonder what how small he'd seem on a superbike.

Clarkson is definitely the car guy of the group, he's the fastest in a car but can only drive and sucks at riding (note: vietnam bike trip where he was on a scooter) I feel like May would ride a classic cruiser, most likely a triumph. I don't know what he rides but he definitely has something considering that he made a bike that went around the IOM track (at 2mph) and of course Hammond is the track day junkie.

back on topic, I don't think a scooter is the way to go. I've always felt like those are more dangerous but I ride a half highway commute to school, something which makes me feel slightly uncomfortable at times even on a 300 (occasionally there's the who tailgates you, changes lanes with you, and generally makes you feel like you're going to get rear ended until you split away)

Old February 1st, 2014, 06:09 PM   #36
kdogg2077
ninjette.org sage

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Yamaha FZ07, Ninja 250r 2012 Limited Edition (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
Perhaps start on a small dirt bike if possible. Riding something small with low power can help boost confidence. Plus the only thing you have to worry about off road is yourself and not some soccer mom in an Escalade.
I agree with this. Practicing on a dirt bike is the perfect way to get ready for a motorcycle. Buy/borrow someones little dirt bike and find some open fields to ride in.

Then take the MSF Course and buy a Ninja + Gear.

Old February 1st, 2014, 06:41 PM   #37
Whiskey

Quote:
yea, I loved it when I found hammond's old 400cc reviews and all his justifications for why smaller is better. Those 400cc I4s looked massive under him which makes me wonder what how small he'd seem on a superbike.

Clarkson is definitely the car guy of the group, he's the fastest in a car but can only drive and sucks at riding (note: vietnam bike trip where he was on a scooter) I feel like May would ride a classic cruiser, most likely a triumph. I don't know what he rides but he definitely has something considering that he made a bike that went around the IOM track (at 2mph) and of course Hammond is the track day junkie.

back on topic, I don't think a scooter is the way to go. I've always felt like those are more dangerous but I ride a half highway commute to school, something which makes me feel slightly uncomfortable at times even on a 300 (occasionally there's the who tailgates you, changes lanes with you, and generally makes you feel like you're going to get rear ended until you split away)
As a day to day machine a moped is probably the most dangerous thing on the road, but for feeling out if a bike will scare the **** out of you or not it's the simplest one to control.

Hammond is my height, same as Jorge Lorenzo

From an interview with James May
Quote:
currently own too many bikes
My garage is pretty full. I have a new Triumph Speed Triple, a Moto Guzzi V11 Sport in lime green, a T3 California Guzzi, a mid-nineties 900SS Ducati, a 1970s CB500-4 with four original pipes, a 1968 CB250K, a C70 (greatest machine ever), and a 1964 C200 – the pushrod one. I like Hondas as you might have noticed from that list…

Old February 1st, 2014, 06:44 PM   #38
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
I'm jealous of May's garage, very jealous.

Old February 1st, 2014, 07:06 PM   #39
Tigerpaw
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 '09 Boulevard C50. '08 250r(TOTALED BY DEER)

Quote:
"The engine is so small it will barely break 100mph (gps not speedo) on a downhill stretch! Surely that can't scare anyone, no real bike goes less than 150mph!"-squidspeak
1 out of 1 members found this post not helpful.

Old February 1st, 2014, 07:09 PM   #40
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpaw View Post
1 out of 1 members found this post not helpful.
hahaha, don't worry squids tend to be a self correcting problem. Though it is unfortunate at times, If it weren't for this forum (and insurance premiums) I'd likely have gone on to be part of that problem already.