ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:32 AM   #1
Dr Honda
ninjette.org member

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): Buell XB12Ss, Victory Vegas, DRZ400, XR50

CycleControl under new ownership. (sort of)

Hi All,

OK... I know there are probably a bunch of people here who are wondering about CycleControl. (and who are mad because they are waiting for parts)

What has happened:

Ian Yong has CF. Many years ago, he had a lung transplant, and everything was fine. This past spring, he had complications due to the anti-rejection meds he was taking. Basically, his kidneys shut down. After a 6 week stay at the hospital, back in May (The original time I had to help out) it seemed like everything was going to be OK. After about a month or so, he started to have problems with the tubes in his chest that are used for the Dialysis. (infections) Since then, he has been in the hospital for almost 4 months. Every time the infections would clear up, and he thought he was getting out... he would get bad again. This is why parts have not been shipped. There were a few more health issues... but we will leave it at that.

As of the writing of this post, Ian is still in the hospital, but he has agreed to hand over the company (all assets, and inventory) to the control of A&L Motorspots.

As some of you know, I worked with Ian in the R&D stages of all his parts, and I am the manufacture.

Right now, I am going to try to take care of all the unresolved issues with open orders, and after that, I will have the parts posted on my web site. Since I am the manufacture for all off CycleControls parts now... the quality will be unchanged.

With that said... if you have an open order, please email or PM me with your name, and what you ordered. Also tell me if you would like your parts or a refund.

Last thing... obviously, since the parts will be sold under my label, CycleControl will soon be shut down. (as soon as Ian is able to close it down)

I am truly sorry for all the problems that are going on with CycleControl, but hopefully things can be set right again.

Thanks

Tony.

Last futzed with by Dr Honda; September 23rd, 2010 at 10:10 AM.
Dr Honda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:54 AM   #2
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Please keep us up-to-date on the website. Please also post a link (when available) to the 250R parts you will be offering. Thanks in advance.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:59 AM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Hi Tony - thank you for the update. I'm sorry to hear that Ian's health has gotten worse.

I'm going to move this thread into our Marketplace section here, as that's likely where folks would be looking for info on Cycle Control and the related parts.

/thread moved

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2010, 03:45 PM   #4
250rStar
super ninja

Name: TJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 kawasaki 250r

hopefully everything ends up being ok in the end i'm gunna go check out the dite now and see what there is to buy!

Old October 18th, 2010, 09:07 AM   #5
Dr Honda
ninjette.org member

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): Buell XB12Ss, Victory Vegas, DRZ400, XR50

Hi Guys,

It wasn't easy, but I think I finally have it all straighted out now.

Everyone who requested their parts, has been shipped. And, everyone who requested a refund... your info was sent to paypal, and is getting processed. I'm not sure how long that will take because Ian's account was locked... but when that happened, there was money in it.

Let me add one thing to the refunds situation. Because the account the money is coming from isn't mine, I can't find out anything. (by law) Ian is the only person able to help you if there is a delay. Unfortunately, he is still in the hospital, but I'm sure since it's in Paypal's hands... it will get processed, at their normal speed.

I guess I should add that, even though CycleControls web site is still up, it will no longer take orders, and the business relationship between CycleControl, LLC and A&L Motorsports, LLC will be dissolved as of this date. (Ian and I are still friends though)

Now for the good news. Anyone who was waiting to make a new order, I will be working on getting the parts on my website today. Most of them should be available for sale as early as tonight.

Sorry for all the problems, but I hope to start a new chapter in the life of these parts.

FYI... My web site is:

www.a-lmotorsports.com
Dr Honda is offline   Reply With Quote