ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:00 AM   #1
izmail1215
ninjette.org member

Name: SaM

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250r, 2009 650r

Are you using a mac or pc?

I tried a mac at a friends house IT SUCKS! well at least compared to W7, ok they look 10X better but it matters whats inside. If you use mac what is it you like better then the PC? ,,, beside the looks.
izmail1215 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:03 AM   #2
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
All I have ever used are pc's.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:10 AM   #3
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Honda CBR600RR

Mac people will defend their overpriced PC until they die. But lets face it, they are hard to work on and hard to really upgrade. I'll admit its OS has its advantages but it will also have its draw backs. I personally do not like them after fully using both. I was a Systems Administrator at a college that was a certified mac repair center (yes I had a Mac repair cert). We also had many mac (mini) based labs that the students used. I will say if you want more bang for the buck go buy / build a PC. But thats my 2 cents.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:21 AM   #4
ScraitT
Green!

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R, 04 Honda CRF230F, 94 Honda XR80R

I've used a mac a few times...my xgf had one so I used hers quite a bit while we dated. I've gotten more tolerant of them, but I still can't stand the OS.

For someone that doesn't know much about computers and just wants to do a few things easily...OSX is great.

However for someone like myself, who grew up on Windows and enjoys tweaking and customizing the OS to suit me, then Windows is far better...for me.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:44 AM   #5
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

PC with lots of Mac software. BWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:28 AM   #6
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cab

Motorcycle(s): Blue 10 250r

Lol, I've been using MAC since 89, it is infinitely more stable than a pc. For any type of graphic work back in the day, you needed mac because PC video cards were garbage.
They couldn't handle the size of the graphics, and the programs couldn't deal with the quality. Photoshop started out for Mac only.

Windows is a blatant rip off of macs interface, MAC is ground breaking when it comes to new development. PC went for the numbers, Mac went for the quality. Every time MAC develops a new product, it is copied by and outside the industry. Perfect example all those translucent plastic accessories you have, well they were all influenced by Imacs. Every new smart phone is a rip of I phone. Before Imac, every single PC came in a beige box, with 0 style.

Mac actually made computing cool and that is why all nerds and kooks hate it, because they took what was their perceived domain and made it so anyone can do it. They stopped being special even at their own game.

So yeah go ahead and enjoy your PC, no doubt they have about 50,000 more games than mac and you can definitely spruce up your my-space page. Ill use my MAC for actual work. If I want to play I'll go out in the sun.
Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:33 AM   #7
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

At a computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated "if GM had kept up with the technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors made the following contribution to the debate:

"If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

Every time they repainted the lines on the road, you'd have to buy a new car.

Occasionally your car would just die on the motorway for no reason, You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the car windows, shut it off, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this, restart and drive on.

Occasionally, executing a maneuver would cause your car to stop and fail to restart and you'd have to re-install the engine. For some strange reason, you'd accept this too.

Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

You could only have one person in the car at a time, unless you bout a "Car 95" or a "Car NT". But then you'd have to buy more seats.

Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, twice as reliable, five times as fast, twice as easy to drive - but it would only run on five percent of the roads.

The Macintosh car owners would get expensive Microsoft upgrades to their cars which would make their cars go much slower.

The oil, engine, gas and alternator warning lights would be replaced with a single "General Car Fault" warning light.

People would get excited about the "new" features in Microsoft cars, forgetting completely that they had been available in other cars for many years.

We'd all have to switch to Microsoft petrol and lubricants but the packaging would be superb.

New seats would force everyone to have the same size arse.

The airbag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.

If you were involved in a crash, you would have no idea what happened.

They wouldn't build their own engines, but form a cartel with their engine suppliers. The latest engine would have 1 cylinders, multi-point fuel injection and 4 turbos, but it would be a side-valve design so you could use Model-T Ford parts on it.

There would be an "Engium Pro" with bigger turbos, but it would be slower on most existing roads.

Microsoft cars would have a special radio/cassette player which would only be able to listen to Microsoft FM, and play Microsoft Cassettes.Unless of course, you buy the upgrade to use existing stuff.

Microsoft would do so well, because even though they don't own anyroads, all of the road manufacturers would give away Microsoft cars free,including IBM.

If you still ran old versions of car (ie. CarDOS 6.22/CarWIN 3.11),then you would be called old fashioned, but you would be able to drive muchfaster, and on more roads!

If you couldn't afford to buy a new car, then you could just borrowyour friends, and then copy it.

Whenever you bought a car, you would have to reorganize the ignitionfor a few days before it worked.

You would need to buy an upgrade to run cars on a motorway next to each other.

Every time Microsoft introduced a new car, car buyers would have to learn to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

Microsoft would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Automobile Association Road maps (now a Microsoft subsidiary), even though they neither need nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50% or more.

You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:37 AM   #8
fenwaynomar45
Greenman!

Name: Jack

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

pc at work, mac at home
fenwaynomar45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:38 AM   #9
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Typical Mac user response. I'm sure half the industry including your government has it all wrong by using windows based servers and computers. Lets face it ... someone stole an idea and made it better. Whens mac going to start making 1u 2u or 3u boxes to run services off of (like B.E.S. or even your 3/4g network you use that IPhone on.) If anything I recall mac making the decision to move forward into the 21st century by introducing an intel processor into their machine. So go ahead and sit on a $2500 laptop that can now run windows because of break throughs in the PC world and tell everyone how their machine is a P.O.S. because it only cost them $800.

Before you even begin to state how "reliable" these machines are. Let me tell you that may be your experience but typically from what I've seen, when one thing on the mac goes bad the whole thing starts crapping out. I can't even being to tell you the number of mac minis I had to crack open because of cd rom failure and board failure. The laptops were just as bad with dieing hard drives and motherboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab305 View Post
Lol, I've been using MAC since 89, it is infinitely more stable than a pc. For any type of graphic work back in the day, you needed mac because PC video cards were garbage.
They couldn't handle the size of the graphics, and the programs couldn't deal with the quality. Photoshop started out for Mac only.

Windows is a blatant rip off of macs interface, MAC is ground breaking when it comes to new development. PC went for the numbers, Mac went for the quality. Every time MAC develops a new product, it is copied by and outside the industry. Perfect example all those translucent plastic accessories you have, well they were all influenced by Imacs. Every new smart phone is a rip of I phone. Before Imac, every single PC came in a beige box, with 0 style.

Mac actually made computing cool and that is why all nerds and kooks hate it, because they took what was their perceived domain and made it so anyone can do it. They stopped being special even at their own game.

So yeah go ahead and enjoy your PC, no doubt they have about 50,000 more games than mac and you can definitely spruce up your my-space page. Ill use my MAC for actual work. If I want to play I'll go out in the sun.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:51 AM   #10
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

"Typical Mac user response."

Yeah its called the truth, deal with it.

"I'm sure half the industry including your government has it all wrong by using windows based servers and computers"

This is the best you could do? Like price point is not the only thing that matters to industry and government. Lol

Like I said angry nerds that aren't special anymore.

P.S. Not you personally I don't know you. But I know a lot of angry PC nerds.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:54 AM   #11
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Quote:

thats all you have? come back when you have a real response .. back to school for you

Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:57 AM   #12
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Please point out anything that I said that is not true.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:01 PM   #13
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Quote:

"I'm sure half the industry including your government has it all wrong by using windows based servers and computers"

This is the best you could do? Like price point is not the only thing that matters to industry and government. Lol

Price point? If you only knew how money of your tax dollars are blown on useless things you'd be amazed. Secondly you have no back up as to the fact that you cannot name one single system that is used on a large scale that is not backed by something pc based. Im sure at mac headquaters they even use pc based systems for their network.

Like I said angry nerds that aren't special anymore.

P.S. Not you personally I don't know you. But I know a lot of angry PC nerds.

Agree'd you do not know me personally and yet you try to cover up your obvious name calling by saying well I don't know you but I know angry nerds and you sound like one of them. So instead of actual factual data and responses you dip down to name calling. What do I have to say to that ... L O L gtf outta here .. if this is the type of response I can expect from you I'm done wasting my time on you. kthanxbia

Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:02 PM   #14
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

If the forecast from Caris & Company is to be believed, Apple will see sales of their Macs increase to 4% in 2010, a growth rate of 26%. That would be an impressive feat considering the industry is expected to only increase at a rate of 16 percent through 2010.

At those rates, Mac sales would increase 1.6 times faster than the competition, which is impressive, but not as much as their past 1.8 times growth rate factor.

Face it the myth is dying, people are finally coming to their senses.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:07 PM   #15
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Sense's of what? That they make trendy mp3 players and cell phones thats 14yro's and hypsters want to own? Your increase in sales is most likely an overall estimate of growth in all areas of products they sell. Don't take this personal as I really just love to argue with people. I'm about to leave work and I won't be on to return any response ( I'll be out riding :0) )

Quote:
If the forecast from Caris & Company is to be believed, Apple will see sales of their Macs increase to 4% in 2010, a growth rate of 26%. That would be an impressive feat considering the industry is expected to only increase at a rate of 16 percent through 2010.

At those rates, Mac sales would increase 1.6 times faster than the competition, which is impressive, but not as much as their past 1.8 times growth rate factor.

Face it the myth is dying, people are finally coming to their senses.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:11 PM   #16
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

"Secondly you have no back up as to the fact that you cannot name one single system that is used on a large scale that is not backed by something pc based. Im sure at mac headquaters they even use pc based systems for their network."

What are you pointing out here? That because it's more widely used it's better. What's the correlation. We are discussing personal computers not large network systems.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:12 PM   #17
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

"Don't take this personal as I really just love to argue with people"

Likewise, no hard feelings here

Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:15 PM   #18
Hadyn
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): '06 Yellow 250r

Oh joy, it's this thread again.

Quote:
Lol, I've been using MAC since 89, it is infinitely more stable than a pc.
Tell that to my old dead Macbook, maybe it missed the memo or something. That thing was a POS from day 1. Lost keyboard and mouse functionality in the first month, lost the first logic board the third month, the HD corrupted itself in the 5th, the second logic board went out shortly after that, then the HD crapped out again a month later, followed by the Magsafe charging connection failing. Applecare was great for repair, but not for replacement (which is what I needed). They refused to open an investigation, and the next time it broke (ANOTHER logic board failure) it was out of warranty so I was s.o.l. My Macbook kernel panicked (roughly the equivalent of a bluescreen) all the time. In comparison, the high-end PC that I built last year for $600 has yet to bluescreen, and it's being used as a media center, gaming machine, and design studio.
Quote:
Every new smart phone is a rip of I phone.
I'm not even going to touch the GUI part, but obviously you've never heard of the Palm Pilot. It was a hand-held tablet computer with a touchscreen and rudimentary versions of 95% of Apple's standard apps. Calendar, organizer, calculator, music player, games, etc. Apple is not as original as you think.

Quote:
Wow, someone's feisty.

For reference:
I'm a graphic designer. I had the macbook pro for 2 years at school. The myth that Macs are better for graphics is dead wrong. Apple perpetuates it by essentially paying schools to give away their products, thus saturating the market. You're correct in saying that it used to be true, as Photoshop was exclusive to the Mac platform, but that became false as soon as it was released for Windows.

I do not use Apple products or OS X for my design work. Why? My workplace is a nonprofit organization that can't afford to buy one. I've told them not to bother, I can do just as well on a PC. I'm also running CS3 because we can't afford a CS5 license. If you ride a 250, you know that it's not the bike, it's the rider. Same goes for computers; it's not the hardware, it's the user. Give an untalented person the highest-end mac you can find, I'll out-design them with MSpaint.

I also refuse to pay outrageous prices for hardware I can't modify or repair. If my PC breaks, I can buy new parts and fix it the same day instead of making an appointment with a "genius" who will take my computer to magical Mac-land for repairs for a week. As a Designer, I dislike products that put form above function. (Want an example? think: iPhone 4 deathgrip. Essentially, Apple said "Antennas are ugly, let's build it into the metal case even though we KNOW it's going to compromise reception!")

My grandmother, on the other hand, loves her iMac. It's a simple interface that she can navigate and read easily. She also doesn't understand how her computer can be inside her monitor, and the only game she ever plays is Solitaire. It's perfect for her.

This is a silly argument, by the way.
Hadyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:25 PM   #19
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

"I'm a graphic designer. I had the macbook pro for 2 years at school. The myth that Macs are better for graphics is dead wrong"

I'm an at director, in the industry since 89... I've mod my macs, since then without making appointments or going to the mac store.
There is no myth, grab a phone book call any design firm or printer and ask what they use.

P.S. I can out design anyone with a pencil... I don't even need electricity.

LOL, yes this is a silly (but fun) argument, it's all about personal taste.

"Apple perpetuates it by essentially paying schools to give away their products, thus saturating the market." I won't even touch this. Cause Microsoft has never ever been accused of trying to manipulate the market... never they wouldn't.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:45 PM   #20
Hadyn
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): '06 Yellow 250r

Quote:
There is no myth, grab a phone book call any design firm or printer and ask what they use.
I work very closely with a printing shop (going on a tour of the print line on Monday, I'm excited) and I've had this discussion with their director. She asked me if it was hard to design on a PC and if I liked Macs better, I told her my Macbook horror story and she couldn't think of a specific reason her designers use macs, besides that it's the platform they've been using for years and they're comfortable with it.

I will concede that Macs are vastly superior if you do any kind of video editing. That's essentially why we were given Macs at school (we has a couple digital video classes), and why a lot of design studios that do everything from print to video have macs. Bulk deals, platform-specific licenses and cross-platform compatibility make it more efficient to use 10 macs than 5 macs and 5 pcs.

I will also say that I miss the keyboard shortcuts in OS X, they were what really sped things up. I could probably re-bind keys to have roughly the same shortcuts in Windows, but I'm plagued by this horrible disease called 'laziness.' I also liked the general lack of malware and viruses in OS X, but I've replaced the laptop with an EEE running Ubuntu, which is even more virus-free.
Hadyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:58 PM   #21
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

On a different note: I do hate the new mac keyboards with their tiny keys, and that round mouse was atrocious, so even I'll admit yes, they have had some stinkers.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:59 PM   #22
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Here are the operating system stats for visitors here at ninjette.org over the past month or so:

Windows 78.5%
Macintosh 13.5%
iPhone 2.4%
Linux 2.4%
Android 1.1%
(and then a whole bunch more well under 1% each)

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:02 PM   #23
Den
ninjette.org member

Name: Denis

Motorcycle(s): '10 250R(sold); '10 ER-6F

Linux in my case, Ubuntu 10.04 being exact.
Den is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:09 PM   #24
Postiez
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): Red '08 250

I am a computer science major and as such I should likely fall into the group of people who hate macs. But instead I see a mac for what it is, your trade the ability to customize for exactly the opposite in stability. Macs go up in quality and price but thats a stupid issue I think. So the obvious and perfect solution is to use a PC for your desktop and a Mac for a notebook. For class I can just pick up and go with my macbook without worry of having to do any maintenance or randomly being completely terrible like my pc and I'm also not screwed at home by the obvious limitations of a mac.

The reason people see macs as overpriced is because the focus in on the stats and fail to see the whole picture. The way I see it is PCs are to muscle cars as Macs are to exotic cars. To get the same 0-60 or quarter mile time on an exotic car you are going to pay a lot more than the muscle car but in use on the track that extra money makes all the difference. The analogy works the same for say, Ducati 1098 vs Hayabusa as well.

For the $1200 for a 13" macbook pro you get
- Aluminum case
- Amazing touch pad
- Superior battery life
- Back lit better quality keyboard
- A more reliable OS
- A better looking display(than most)
- The 1000 other things it comes standard with that others you have to upgrade to
- The little things apple thinks of that other companies done(magnetic charger mmm)

That all said, I would never have a mac as my desktop at home.

Quote:
On a different note: I do hate the new mac keyboards with their tiny keys, and that round mouse was atrocious, so even I'll admit yes, they have had some stinkers.
I LOVE the keyboard on my mac, I can type circles around the speed of my professors talking and ya mac mice are kinda retarded but if we are grouping that in you have to group in Microsoft mice. I got a sidewinder x8(iirc) and everything on it was amazing except for the polling rate was so bad that I couldn't click on anything it would just jump back and forth over it and it completely ruined the mouse.
Postiez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:12 PM   #25
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
Linux in my case, Ubuntu 10.04 being exact.
What kind of hardware are you running?

Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:14 PM   #26
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:20 PM   #27
drowe531
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250 (sold); 2008 Plasma Blue Ninja 250

http://www.fakeposters.com/posters/mac-users/
drowe531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:24 PM   #28
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I used to swear up and down by PC, but my research lab only uses macs so I have been slowly converted. I got so upset over the quality of PC laptops (my last laptop went through 4 motherboards over 3 years) that I broke down and bought a MacBook. It is seriously the best laptop I have ever owned. The one thing that pisses me off is software that is Windows only.
GeneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:45 PM   #29
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

PC user here. Never tried a Mac cause of the price tag. I work at a sign shop with a couple of large format printers and every now and again we will curse at the computers. Windows does suck sometimes. The thing I wonder is if Mac's are so good why aren't they crushing pc's into the ground?
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:48 PM   #30
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob706 View Post
if Mac's are so good why aren't they crushing pc's into the ground?
You answered yourself: cause of the price tag

Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:59 PM   #31
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Quote:
You answered yourself: cause of the price tag
I guess I did
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:09 PM   #32
Postiez
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): Red '08 250

Software problems as well, there are so many people coding for windows... Its hard to break someone that has that much of the market.
Postiez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:40 PM   #33
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

By the way I'd like to openly apologize to WVninja, In retrospect I was a bit assholy.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 04:07 PM   #34
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Sure is a lot of useless hate in this thread.

Me, I like Linux...

Old July 22nd, 2010, 04:16 PM   #35
bikeguy57
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 1974 CB360 2008 Black 250 Ninja

Finally got fed up and bought a Mac.
bikeguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 06:06 PM   #36
mrlmd
ninjette.org sage

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Suzuki S50, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F, 1990 Honda PC800, 2000 Yamaha TW200

Biggest reason? No viruses, adware, spyware, and all the other crap you accumulate with a Windows PC. All those programs you have to run in the background on your PC to keep it clean from outside eat up your resources, slowing you down, or making it crash. I have had a Mac mini for the past 5 years and never had a single problem or lockup, and it's lightning fast on the web or anything else I do, same as the day I bought it. I'll never go back to Windows again, Mac OS is much more stable and reliable. Each time Microsoft makes an update or upgrade to an operating system or browser it's just to try and fix the problems with the previous version and make more money selling something else supposedly better and improved. Not so. The problem with most people have switching to Macs is giving up something they are familiar with. Yes, the Mac seems strange or weird for the first 10-15 min. when you use it, because it's a little different. But use it for a while and see how well it works, you too may be hooked on it's superiority.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:55 PM   #37
Techno250
bikeless n00b

Name: Woody

Motorcycle(s): None yet. My dream machine is a BLUE 250R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvninja View Post
Whens mac going to start making 1u 2u or 3u boxes to run services off of

It's called an Xserve. Runs Mac OS X Server. Mac OS X is Unix certified, POSIX compliant, blah-blah-blah, so it runs tons of services. Most of the common ones are pre-installed, like SQL (MySQL and SQLite), Ruby, Python, Apache, mail server, directory services, calendar services, and tons of other stuff. Yep, out of the box. And that Unix foundation makes it fairly straightforward to port unusual stuff. I once ported ancient Fortran code to run on Mac OS X (anyone heard of NEC for antenna modelling? Yay GCC with Fortran!). But many less-popular services already have Mac OS X packages available.

Why are we all-Mac at work (workstations and server room)? They're incredibly stable. Far fewer support issues than when we were all PC. They just work. I'm the system admin, so I like fewer support issues--gives me more time for reading the forums and stuff. LOL

Regarding user numbers, here's an old chestnut: There are more cockroaches than humans in the world. Numbers alone do not denote a higher form of life.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:56 PM   #38
izmail1215
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Here are the operating system stats for visitors here at ninjette.org over the past month or so:

Windows 78.5%
Macintosh 13.5%
iPhone 2.4%
Linux 2.4%
Android 1.1%
(and then a whole bunch more well under 1% each)
TY alex!

Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:58 PM   #39
izmail1215
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
Sure is a lot of useless hate in this thread.

tell me about it debating is fine but make peace

Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:03 PM   #40
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

I have a mac, used to have a PC, might again in the future, who knows. I have a mac because, well it is what I want and PC's,, if like them then use them

now,

Somebody build a bonfire, grab some Tequila and rum, because its

nb